• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last time you bought a game for $59.99 (Full Price)

L176

BotW on launch day at 59€. Before that probably Splatoon in 2015 on launch day (digital). Yeah, not very common for me...

Chris_C

Mass Effect Andromeda.

If I like a game or am reasonably sure I'm going to like it, I have no qualms spending $60.

Much of that is because I'm 35 and have stable employment. I grew up in Nigeria so I know how hard it can be to afford games sometimes.

At the same time, I'm a creator now myself, so I understand how important it is for creators to get paid.

I... I can't remember. I order from Amazon and it's never the full price so...
Maybe Overwatch on PS4, I think it wasn't discounted when I ordered it.

Probably Horizon: Zero Dawn. Bought it at launch, although I did manage to stack a couple of deals with some vouchers I had to spend, and ended up paying £32, I think. The last game I spent full price on from a shop was Nioh for £45 when it launched.

mr lurtle

I buy most nintendo games full price as they rarely go on sale anyway. The last was Mario Kart 8 DX.
I'm in germany so no 20% on my amazon pre-orders :(

coughlanio

I just got ARMS but it was only 5500 yen, or about $50. I've bought a bunch of cheaper games at full price though, such as Bayonetta and Vanquish on Steam, and pre-ordered Tacoma and Hellblade.

Now that I think of it, Prey was probably the last "$60" game I bought at launch, even though I got it for less than retail.

Zasa

Think my last one was Titanfall 2.

MP games are the only ones I pay $60 for nowadays & that I'll buy shortly after release. Mainly because of my friends, player count, no DLC splitting up the playerbase, & being on the same wavelength as everyone else (skillwise).

SP games I always wait for sales & for it to be as bug-free as possible. Really no rush to get to them as I'd rather play when they're close to their 'ideal' version. Though ideally I buy them before the GOTY talk/awards starts.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Grand Theft Auto V for PS3. So, almost 4 years ago. So glad I stopped buying games new.

Summer Lesson: Allison Snow Seven Days Garden. Literally a few days ago.

I almost always buy games I know I want at full price. Rarely buy games from the likes of EA and Ubisoft, so I want to support the developers of my games as much as possible.

I also don't like waiting.

I can't remember the last time I purchased a brand new $60 game. Maybe Madden 17 last summer? I don't see the point in paying full price; $60 feels like a rip off most of the time.

ToonLink

Persona 5 steelbook launch edition.

If limited edition versions with extra things count, then there's the Fire Emblem Echoes limited edition.

Oh, I forgot about Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

MaxiLive

Yakuza 0, Zelda, Mario Kart are the only full prices games I've bought over the past year.

Destiny 2 will probably be the next one, the rest of the games I've bought have been on sale or cheap via other means or have been gifts from friends.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
I buy almost all of my games from Amazon, and pre-order most of them. The last time I paid the full $59.99 would've been before Amazon started doing the 20% off pre-order discount thing, at which time, I bought a lot of games full price.

When was that? Like, 3 years ago? I don't think it's been all that long.

I would say Civ 6, but I believe I actually got 10% off for preordering a couple days before it released.

Before that, I'd have to go all the way back to Mass Effect 2. I have a big backlog of games, so I usually don't buy new games.

Watevaman

According to Steam, Far Cry 3 is the last game I purchased at full price, on December 4, 2012.

I've paid a lot for games since then, but I don't think any of them were full price, unless you count those given as gifts.

Selandrile

Neo Member
Just got Persona 5 Friday. Was gonna, you know, eat this week, but once I saw the controller sticker I couldn't say no. No regrets.

shmoglish

Guess Persona 5 was the last full price game. Had the chance to get the game 1 week before the release. Steelbook and 69,99.

RodzTF

I paid £46 for No Man's Sky on release. I have never spent that much on a game (I rarely buy games on release, or full price).

The hype swathed me.

AerialAir

Banned
I bought P5 for 70€, which is around 79$, so there's that, and it wasn't even any collector's edition, just the day one Steelbook. That aside, probably The Witcher 3 and I can't remember any more atm, I usually never spend more than 20€ in a game.

Arttemis

I buy games digitally so I pay full price all the time if I want day one.
This is my situation, digital only, but most of the time I'll buy a physical version from Best Buy with GCU discount (20% off and sometimes an additional $10 cash back) and then wait for the digital version to go on sale before selling the physical version to help pay for it.

I attempted that with BotW, buying the discounted physical version day one, but when the reports came out of faster load times with digital games, I returned the physical version and paid $60 for the digital.

Wamb0wneD

I bought P5 for 70€, which is around 79$, so there's that, and it wasn't even any collector's edition, just the day one Steelbook. That aside, probably The Witcher 3 and I can't remember any more atm, I usually never spend more than 20€ in a game.

I payed 65€ for the normal one... Going to wait from now on. Wonder if retail Nier and Last Guardian will drop in price at some point...

MadSexual

Just thinking of games I've purchased at launch is hard enough, for full-price I think it goes all the way back to NCAA Football 2008!

AerialAir

Banned
I payed 65€ for the normal one... Going to wait from now on. Wonder if retail Nier and Last Guardian will drop in price at some point...

I feel your pain, I too am waiting for those two to drop in price, Nier especially was my second most anticipated game after P5. If you can order online, I've seen Last Guardian at 25€ sometime ago, and I anticipate Nier will someday, hopefully still this year, hit that mark.

Wamb0wneD

I feel your pain, I too am waiting for those two to drop in price, Nier especially was my second most anticipated game after P5. If you can order online, I've seen Last Guardian at 25€ sometime ago, and I anticipate Nier will someday, hopefully still this year, hit that mark.

Yeah in that games-week thing during E3 TLG was 30€ here but i wanted to play Persona so badly. xD
Got my PS4 that week as well and Persona + Bloodborne were the 2 exclusives i wanted to play the most.
I screwed up. Maybe Black Friday or Christmas... Someone should've told me that people complaining about Nintendo never dropping game prices only speak about digital lol.
In retail everything stays 60-70€ except when it bombs...

But I'm 80 hours into Persona and loving the hell out of it so i shouldn't complain.

Top Bottom