• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last time you bought a game for $59.99 (Full Price)

essenn

Overwatch. I had low expectations for it til I played the beta and had to get it day 1

everything else cheaper thanks to the Amazon pre-order deals.

Melchiah

Serious question. Why do gamers or fans of the gaming hobby sometimes seem so cheap?

Gaming is not that expensive after the initial buy in. A game at full price every 2 or 3 seems plausible.

Yeah, It's not that expensive, considering the hours of entertainment they provide compared to movies for example. I buy about ten games a year, part of them indies, so the annual total sum isn't that much. Since I don't have much of a backlog, waiting for price drops would lead to drought of games to play. Plus, I generally want to play story-driven games day one in order to minimize the risk of having them spoiled for me. I also want to show my support for the people who make the games. If I enjoy a FTP game, like Let It Die, I tend to give something back by buying the in-game materials.

dracula_x

Persona 5 (that was about 3 months ago).

But I don't have an issue to pay for a game $59.99. I buy a lot of games at launch.

edit: actually I think it was WipEout Omega Collection to me. I bought two versions of the game (digital + physical) – combined it cost me > $60. So answer is "this month".

BashNasty

Pretty sure ARMS is the last game I bought full price... I think.

I buy most games full price though. If it releases and I want it,I buy it.

Jon Armdog

Dragons Dogma PC version for me, probably. Already put a crap ton of hours in the PS3 version, but I just had to hit it up agai.

Although, now that I think about it, I seriously doubt it was $59.99 like the OP said, even though I bought it at release. But I would have paid that much. I would have probably paid SNES early 90s RPG prices even (~$70) just to show support for Dragons Dogma.

Ever since Prime instituted their discount uh I couldn't even tell you. Maybe Diablo 3 on ps4? Even then I'm not sure if it had a pre-order discount price on PSN.

zoodoo

Gears of war 4 launch day

Finished the campaign the day after, tried horde but everybody was quitting, tried playing coop same thing. Never touched the game again.

Yeah, I regret it

Edit: I am in Canada so I payed 92 after tax

jjonez18

Ironically enough, it was when I had no job or any kind of reliable income. So probably GTAV launch in 2013 at GameStop when I was a freshman in college. My friends made it a huge event. Stayed in line and chilled for about an hour till midnight. Played GTA till 3-4 AM. Even though we had practice at 7AM.

Otherwise GCU for $48.

Crayon

Tekken 7. But this year has been a string of 60 game purchases like I haven't done in awhile. Nier, Horizon, Zelda, Persona, Mario Kart, and Tekken. Can't complain.

rbenchley

I hadn't dropped full price on a game since Dark Souls 3, but I went nuts during the first quarter of this year:

Persona 5
Horizon Zero Dawn
Neir; Automata
Nioh
Tales of Berseria
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Technically, I didn't spend quite full price on four of the six, since I pre-ordered them through Amazon Prime and got a discount, but I didn't wait for any to drop in price before purchasing. The first half of this year was amazing for the number of high quality games released. I'm not sure when I'll feel the need to get a game day one/full price again. Maybe Tokyo Xanadu or Dragon Quest XI or maybe not until Death Stranding or Cyberpunk 2077.

big fake

79.99 for every game for us Canadians. You guys should think your getting a a great deal everywhere. It really makes me sad that being a consumer in Canada is so shitty.

Anyway last game for me was Tekken 7.

jbueno

It was actually a couple of months back, the Japanese Dariusburst CS Limited Edition, was actually more like $89.

Backlogger

No Man's Sky and then I quickly remembered why I never buy games at full price. I think the last time I paid full price for a game before that was Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for Xbox 360.

Paying full price is a rarity in the extreme for me.

Bl@de

Persona 5. But I paid with gift coupons^^ So it was 0€ for me. Other than that ... I don't buy games for that price. 30-35€ is my maximum.

fliesatnight

Neo Member
Gravity Rush 2 which I still may not get to for a while, but I like to support Keiichiro Toyama's games. Before that, Resident Evil 7 on Steam.

TheTeacher

Neo Member
This gem. Went from zero interest during the January reveal to must-buy after the Testpunch. I have bought all Switch software at full price. If I like it and want it at launch, I buy it.

arms_switch_cover_1.jpg

Monocle

Bayonetta 2—wait no, it was Halo 5. Worth every cent. I'm still having a great time with that game.

I rarely buy games at full price these days. I'll do it for any Platinum game, a mainline Halo game, a new Devil May Cry by Itsuno, the next Soul Calibur, or the latest Elder Scrolls entry. Otherwise I'm fine waiting for the inevitable heavy discounts a few months after release day.

AcAnchoa

Metal Gear Solid V, on Steam. Hour an a half later I asked for a refund because I couldn't cope with the atrocious intro section.

GenericUser

That was black ops 3 in 2015. There are only a handful of titles that I can think of, that I ever will buy at full price again.

Ombala

Destiny and I regret that game wasn't worth it at least not at launch. That was one of the most hype games in recent History and that didn't deliver that's why don't pre order anything anymore.

Roshin

Horizon, I think.

I buy at full price when I really look forward to a game and want to get stuck in right from the start. Most of the time it works out fine, but sometimes I get caught up in the hype and end up with something I don't really enjoy, like Destiny.

Top Bottom