• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last time you bought a game for $59.99 (Full Price)

Seik

Banned
Zelda BOTW for Switch. ($79,99 CAD here)

I also have it for Wii U because I pre-ordered it during an old Canadian Future Shop E3 deal for peanuts.

Switch version decided to come to existence between any kind of deals when the Switch came out, so it pretty much twisted my arm to buy it full price. No regrets though as the game is a gaming gem.

ARMS.

Or really anything digital I want on release. Amazon's 20% off is great, but playing at 9PM PST night before release is also super cool.

I'm also never going to buy a physical Switch game.

Brhoom

Banned
Resident Evil 7 for 97 dollars I think.

It was leaked here in the Middle East before launch, and I wanted to buy it on PC, but between the VR deal with Sony and the early leak ment I was going to get the PS4 version instead.

Rizific

probably gears 4 since that was the last play anywhere game i bought. those arent available physically at best buy so no other choice but to pay full price.

StarPhlox

I'm digital only on PS4 but I use Amazon/GCU for Switch games.

Last full $60 game was Yakuza 0 last month and before that Nier: Automata. No regrets at all!

alt27

Persona 5 I think, then before that Horizon,Nier Automata and Yakuza 0, quite a few this year already. And no regrets. All high quality games and worth every penny.

I almost said Resident Evil 7, but I bought a Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8D in a bundle. A bundle that over-charged me. (Fuck GameStop.) So I easily payed 60 each for those.

Raw64life

Thanks to Amazon Prime, not in a very long time. Not sure when they started giving 20% off on pre-orders. 2-3 years ago.

Just glancing at my PS4 collection, probably either Dark Souls III or Bloodborne depending on when exactly the Amazon program started.

Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U back in 2014, before I embraced the splendor of Gamers Club Unlocked and before Amazon started their own 20% off thing.

GonzoCR

Prey this year. More than worth it. Arkane never disappoints.

Before that, Nioh I think. Liked it but I could've waited.

Technically I just paid full retail for a digital copy of Destiny 2, but I buy PSN credit for 15-20% off, then get $15 credit back because of a deal they had going on.

Probably Skyrim for PC. It's hard to remember one newer than that what with steam sales and everything else that's happened since then. .

267010_front.jpg

What did you think of it?

May 31st. I purchased the Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Special Edition for $59.99 + tax. Obviously wanted to support the game, and I won't risk my chances of finding this package at a good price down the line.

Before Echoes? It was Dragon Quest VII all the way back in September 2016. I bought Pokemon Sun in November, but that doesn't count because I price matched Amazon to get it for $35.99 + tax.

If the game has been out for a while, I will wait for a permanent price drop or sale.

Purest 78

All new games Considering I paid $50 for some 20 years ago. $10 inflation over that time isn't bad at all. Personally I don't mind supporting Devs that I like.

Pretty much every new PS4 game I buy at launch digitally, which means full price most of the time.

On PC, I never pay full price. I keep hoping that someday that trend will show up on consoles as well.

zashga

Arms, a week ago. Not sure I'd recommend it at $60, honestly, but I knew what I was getting in to. Mainly bought it for local multiplayer, and it's fun for that.

Actually the three before that were Switch games, too: D5, MK8 Deluxe, and Zelda. The one before that was Horizon. And the one before that was... probably in 2016? I don't actually remember. Possibly The Last Guardian.

Almost every game I buy. I play most things at or very close to release and I buy digitally. About 10% of stuff comes from sales.

I have Amazon Prime and Best Buy GCU, but I did buy Nier: Automata from Gamestop. They pulled a few strings for me, so I could get the crazy Resident Evil 7 edition that was exclusive to them, plus did the same for the Switch, so I thought I'd give them another purchase.

Top Bottom