• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last time you bought a game for $59.99 (Full Price)

I couldn’t even tell you. With GCU and Amazon Prime there’s no reason unless you buy digital games (which I don’t do at $59.99)

Kenai

FE Echoes Collectors Edition. Then I bought a se. Not opening it!

Pretty rare for me to pay full price without a CE or some other swag involved.

Nessus

Full price is $80 here.

In the last year I've bought Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Dishonored 2, and Zelda: Breath Of The Wild at that price.

Been on GCU since the whole $5 phone deal. The only time I pay $60 now is for digital games. This year I've purchased 3 digital titles: Mario Kart 8 and ARMS for Switch, as they're perfect on the go, and Horizon: Zero Dawn so I can share play with my sister. Outside of this, I will only pay $48 for personal "must have" titles. Everything else is $30 or less.

Falchion

Breath of the Wild since I got my Switch too late for the Amazon discount so I just paid full retail for it at the store. Before that it was Horizon Zero Dawn.

JJD

Serious question. Why do gamers or fans of the gaming hobby sometimes seem so cheap?

Gaming is not that expensive after the initial buy in. A game at full price every 2 or 3 seems plausible.

But to answer OP, ARMS. I always buy new. I only buy used if I really forgot about the game or didn't know about it.

I have two rules. If I am going to own ot for life, unless it is on switch, I will buy digital. If I know I will not hold on to it I buy physical and either beat the game and sell it as fast as I can or sell it on bundles to buy more games. In the emd the hobby pays for itself in some ways.

Edit: whelp I did lie a bit since I have GC and Prime. So no real full price for a bit, but I didn't mind when I did.

Not everyone has the disposable income to spend on brand new games every now and then. Nothing wrong with that.

Mario Kart 8

and before that BOTW

I bought MK8 digitally because it was out of stock at Amazon and I picked up a Switch in a store since it was so hard to find.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Probably never.. even if it's a day 1 release, I always trade in older games while getting something new so I'm always paying much less than the full price.

i always wondered this until i found out how easy it is to save money with new games. it really does add up in the end. sort of like how those crazy coupon clippers wind up with hundreds or thousands by year's end

I get it with that, and I had to go back and edit since I have both GC and Prime. I guess my question was more for those who wait for dirt cheap and never buy on or near launch time for price.

Like when I bought Shadow of Mordor initially I paid $60 at the time, I beat it in like a week and a half and sold it on Ebay for like $45-50 can't remember. That's a $15 dollar game which I just bough in the Steam sale for $4 so a $20 dollar investment overall.

That is how I keep it cheap. I buy and sell when I know I won't keep it and move on. Sur eoyu have to have money to buy the game, but you get returns in some way. Or just do Redbox.

BlakeofT

Besides Nintendo games, I've recently purchased Crash Trilogy and Destiny 2 with season pass. Neither were $60, but they were full price...

The JT

Neo Member
Last of Us ps3. I had the survivor edition preorder at Best Buy, those bastards sold out and I couldn't even get a regular edition. Got a nice a gift card but I had to go to Gamestop and pay full price, worth it.

ARMS from the eShop, Disgaea 5 Complete from the eShop before that, and Persona 5 from Gamestop for the wife before that.

I almost always pay full price because they're always either digital or quick stops for the wifey.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
I get it with that, and I had to go back and edit since I have both GC and Prime. I guess my question was more for those who wait for dirt cheap and never buy on or near launch time for price.
I at least support games that launch at lower than the default $60 price Day 1 for sures. Both Trails of Cold Steel games were $40 each, UMvsC3, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Yakuza Kiwami at $30 each. Handheld stuffs I'm more lenient on since they start in those price ranges anyhow. Otherwise it doesn't hurt ta be patient and/or wait for birthday or christmas ta pop up an be given those high priced games I'm waiting on instead!

ZugZug123

Can't remember. Even before GCU, I was using GreenMan etc... for discounts on release and buying Humble Bundles or on Steam Sales for older games.

Super Robot Wars V, since it was through play asia, and shipping made it even more. Non overseas though? I think it was Pokemon Moon, that I bought with my gf when she got her N3DS for Christmas this past year. I guess Arms that came bundled with my Switch counts?

chemicals

This will make me seem really odd, but GTAV on xbox360. There are just so many deals these days... I never feel the need to pay full price on day one for anything anymore.

Shizuka

267010_front.jpg

Top Bottom