• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMNT2 Set Photos reveals New Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platy

Really? It's worse than the 2nd season?

The start of the third season was kinda stale because of the repeated horror movie parodies ... but it became much better just before they returned to new york

It does have Beboop, Rocksteady, Mondo Gecko, Hun and Cowabunga =P

Salsa

I really hated that Splinter learned his martial arts from a book he found laying around.

yeah. weakest part in terms of character

didnt mind turtles being raised by new pop culture lookin through drains, that was clever

but splinter ending up in marial arts by randomness was one of those unjustifiable changes in character fundamentals

LosDaddie

Banned
I...have no problems with these? o_O

Yup.
I mean, realistically, how else would a live-action Rocksteady & Bebop work? This is about as good as it get, brehs.

People do the same thing with transformers

Expectations completely out of whach.

The show is kind of middling kiddie fare now sadly. I just dropped it.

The show was always a "middling kiddie fare" from the start.

guek

Banned
As a friend of mine said, it's no dumber than a rat learning from a cage by watching someone.

Both are pretty dumb for sure but learning to be a master of ninjitsu from a discarded book in the trash is a lot less cool than a pet learning the art by watching a bonafide master. It may sound ridiculously stupid, and I'm annoyed with myself just for thinking this, but there's this weird question of authenticity that I can't help considering.

Both are pretty dumb for sure but learning to be a master of ninjitsu from a discarded book in the trash is a lot less cool than a pet learning the art by watching a bonafide master.

Fair enough. Splinter being Hamato Yoshi himself saves a lot of headaches.

I'm always like wtf when ppl say the new tmnt was lame. It was ok, nowhere near transformers level of bad.

Much more entertaining than the boring old ones that people live to praise where the turtles didn't even have distinct personalities.

I'll be the odd man out on this one.

guek

Banned
I'm always like wtf when ppl say the new tmnt was lame. It was ok, nowhere near transformers level of bad.

Much more entertaining than the boring old ones that people live to praise where the turtles didn't even have distinct personalities.

I'll be the odd man out on this one.
No, I was in the same boat. Stupid origin stuff aside, any scene without April was surprisingly. The Splinter v Shredder fight was dope.

TMNT-3.jpg

I want them like this in the sequel so bad! Always disappointed me as a kid when each movie came out without them.

joedan

Wanted to live that last turtles movie but couldn't. Not the worst thing ever but I was hoping it would be much more.

My wish for the sequel is that they don't make Splinter so slimy [literally] looking again. He was just really unpleasant to look at.

Also, the new Foot Soldiers and Karai

Holy fuck, sequel retcon? Are we getting the Foot Soldiers and Karai we DESERVED that the first movie totally shit all over? It's like they are going out of their way to say, "Yeah, the crappy shit in the first movie.... let's try to forget it! Here's the 'new and improved' version!".

LOL, though writing's still a big thing regarding this movie. While the first one wasn't as mind-numbingly bad as Bay's Transformers movies, it was still pretty stupid at times(dumb stupid, not offensively moronic stupid). Bringing aboard new Foot Soldiers and Karai, hell, Bebop and Rocksteady(even the rumored Krang) mean jackshit if they are written badly. Karai was given the shaft in the first movie, and was kinda regulated to the Secret of the Ooze version of Tatsu. Make her more of a threat, and make Bebop and Rocksteady more of the "joke" villains(which is how they are supposed to be).

DJKhaled

I'm surprised at just how many posters here didn't know rocksteady and bebop were humans. I grew up on the old cartoons, not sure if they've recently changed this or what.

they were only re-introduced a couple months ago on the new show and they were humans at first then as well, I don't understand why people were confused.

that show was garbage tho

later seasons yes, but if you think the first few were garbage then yikes, its second best series behind the new nick one.

54-46!

Looks good to me, especially if that CG in the OP is indicative of how they will look post mutation.

But yeah, how come these guys are looking so close to the original while the new turtles look like roided abominations?

kevm3

Visually, looks way more appealing than the first movie. It reminds me of the TMNT movies of old. Hopefully they make the turtles look 'old school' as well.

Hystzen

The first film was just alright but the fight with turtles and shredder at end was pretty well done IMO. It probably one of the strengths of last film the choreography during set pieces if they can improve that further with a wayyy better script this series has potential

styl3s

why are these concept designs so loyal to the characters and the turtles themselves look like garbage
Probably because of all the backlash they got from changing the turtles.

If they could get away with it they would probably change the turtle design as well. Judging by top toy sales and what you see in the TMNT sections at Toys-r-Us, Target, Wal-Mart etc. the movie turtles sell nothing compared to the nick turtles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom