• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Coverage April/13/07 (post #922+ for reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFChris

"The first time you play through you are going to finish at level 30. That first play through is really going to attract a certain type of player, which I think are more of the short term or mainstream gamers. Then there’s going to be the hardcore, the people that want to get to level 50 and max out their class. So the second time you play through at the next level of difficulty you’ll be at level 40. And then maybe you play through a couple of more times on the most difficult level to get the epic items and you finally get to level 50 and start the hunting and gathering."

Yes! This is the kind of stuff I was hoping for from this game.

Ark-AMN

Banned
beelzebozo said:
why haven't they put a date on this game yet? everytime this thread gets bumped i just get upset.
Well, the great thing about the SK blog is that it shows that progress is being made. Just the fact that SK talks about their development status should earn them great marks since most devs would never do such a thing.

Again, I'm guessing a firm date will be set around the time when they put out the demo on XBL.

As for the interview, I liked this part:
TH.net: We saw some destructible environments in the demo today. Is that going to impact gameplay in any way? For instance, will there be loot drops hidden in some of those areas?

Dyack: Yeah, but you have to be careful with that stuff. It reminds me of Doom where you had to look for the invisible walls. That’s not fun. We don’t want to have those needle-in-a-haystack moments. Most of that is there for effect. They do add to the gameplay, but by in large it is more for a nice layering effect. It’s kind of like in Metal Gear where you could shoot anything. That was cool, but you really didn’t get anything out of it. So I don’t want to say it will affect gameplay because I don’t really believe that it will. I think very few games do that. Some have tried, and quite frankly, I think have failed. We’re not doing that.
It shows that SK is giving serious thought about what will affect the gameplay experience. Something like those examples are pretty simple design-wise, and that Too Human won't follow the same path.

And kudos to the guy who took the latest screen. That's a very sweet dramatic camera angle.

Xenon

Dyack said:
The first time through we want to have a set experience, but after that we will change it up.

This sounds great. So does this mean they are going to take out cinematics on the subsequent play throughs? I hope so. One of the things that made Diablo and PSO so good was the very basic story delivery that was just enough to keep the feel for the game without bogging down the play. TH seems to have a lot of cinematic moments that I hope I will not see over and over again. I know a simple skip button would do the trick but it would feel like I'm missing something and hurt the flow. It would be nice to have shortened setups for each change of location, like the game switches gears from cinematic action-rpg to dungeon hack.

SPEA

FFChris said:
"The first time you play through you are going to finish at level 30. That first play through is really going to attract a certain type of player, which I think are more of the short term or mainstream gamers. Then there’s going to be the hardcore, the people that want to get to level 50 and max out their class. So the second time you play through at the next level of difficulty you’ll be at level 40. And then maybe you play through a couple of more times on the most difficult level to get the epic items and you finally get to level 50 and start the hunting and gathering."

Yes! This is the kind of stuff I was hoping for from this game.
Agreed. Thats that stuff that will result in hours and hours of fun. I really hope they go balls out with the hunting and gathering elements.

Hannar

The sword actually attaches via the Spider, if I remember correctly. There is actually a slot built into either the armor or the Spider that holds the sword in place that way currently.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Hannar said:
The sword actually attaches via the Spider, if I remember correctly. There is actually a slot built into either the armor or the Spider that holds the sword in place that way currently.
Heh, that actually makes sense. I figured there was a reason for that, no one would model the sword to stick like that unless it was meant to. :D

And I'm still waiting to hear what this "Spider" actually does too. :)
Xenon said:
This sounds great. So does this mean they are going to take out cinematics on the subsequent play throughs? I hope so. One of the things that made Diablo and PSO so good was the very basic story delivery that was just enough to keep the feel for the game without bogging down the play. TH seems to have a lot of cinematic moments that I hope I will not see over and over again. I know a simple skip button would do the trick but it would feel like I'm missing something and hurt the flow. It would be nice to have shortened setups for each change of location, like the game switches gears from cinematic action-rpg to dungeon hack.
I've actually been wondering for a long time now how they're going to manage the cinematics and story with co-op online play. What happens if you get four people and two want to watch a cinema but the other two want to skip it? I'm curious how that works.

Hannar

I do not believe it is final, but the host may end up controlling the cinemas. There will also be a number of options that are set before a multiplayer game starts -- the viewing of cinemas might be included in that list.

FFChris

3 new screenshots went up on IGN yesterday, for anyone who is interested.

too-human-20070620043223513.jpg

too-human-20070620043224591.jpg

too-human-20070620043226029.jpg

Ark-AMN

Banned
Yep, screens are still looking good. I must admit though, I too want to see more movies. I know that there probably won't be any until maybe E3 (or maybe not), but I still want to see more.

Thoren

Banned
Ark-AMN said:
Yep, screens are still looking good. I must admit though, I too want to see more movies. I know that there probably won't be any until maybe E3 (or maybe not), but I still want to see more.

I'd like to see a combat movie without the teleporting bug.

FFChris

Thoren said:

Teleporting bug?

Anyway, yea I'm pretty fed up with pictures as well now. Hopefully there will be a lot more on show at E3...maybe even a demo to coincide with the event, if we are lucky.

Thoren

Banned
FFChris said:
Teleporting bug?

Anyway, yea I'm pretty fed up with pictures as well now. Hopefully there will be a lot more on show at E3...maybe even a demo to coincide with the event, if we are lucky.

Watch a gameplay video, Baldur teleports from enemy to enemy instead of doing an animation.

FFChris

Thoren said:
Watch a gameplay video, Baldur teleports from enemy to enemy instead of doing an animation.

Ah yea, those are supposed to be the highest level moves, it's supposed to be a teleport. But the animation wasn't really smooth anyway, I hope they fix that.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Thoren said:

It wasn't a bug. It's one of his moves - he teleports from enemy to enemy. The teleportation animation was not finished in the last video. Denis has stated that it is fixed now, but I also would love to see a complete gameplay video.

Zenith

Banned
Just the fact that SK talks about their development status should earn them great marks since most devs would never do such a thing.

No, making good games gets developers good marks, not how long they can spin out the development process.

FFChris

HydrantC12 said:

It must be.

They already showed a preview build to IGN and TooHuman.net which has gone down really well. I don't see why they wouldn't want to use this E3 to show how far they have come since the disaster which was last E3. It's the perfect oppertunity to blow people away, and convert the doubters.

I just want that demo. So badly!

FFChris said:
It must be.

They already showed a preview build to IGN and TooHuman.net which has gone down really well. I don't see why they wouldn't want to use this E3 to show how far they have come since the disaster which was last E3. It's the perfect oppertunity to blow people away, and convert the doubters.

I just want that demo. So badly!

There will be a demo before the game is released. That I can say :) It is great to see the generally positive response to the blog and screens - thanks. More cool stuff coming.

Denis

PleoMax

Banned
FFChris said:
3 new screenshots went up on IGN yesterday, for anyone who is interested.

too-human-20070620043223513.jpg

too-human-20070620043224591.jpg

too-human-20070620043226029.jpg

This is one of the best looking games around.

Hannar said:

Sounds stupid, and looks lame. I don't know why in the hell Dyack and his buddies at SK think the sword looks nice positioned like that. It's destracting and not cool.

FFChris

Skilotonn said:
Ooooooh - thank you very much!

Bringing It Home '06 kicked ass, and it'll be even bigger this year no doubt!

I wasn't a 360 owner for Home 06, but from the general vibe I got around the time it was a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to E3 more and more as each day passes...it's just a pity I'm on holiday in Rome for most of it! :lol

FrankT

Just got the latest OXM and the rumor mole confirms, no Too Human until 08. Boo, that best mean we see Mass Effect in the states by December Microsoft, seriously.

SCReuter

I must admit, all the latest screens posted on this page look phenomenal.

Here's hoping the game appears just as good in motion.

JoeFenix

Game looks good but I hate that cloth thing just clipping right through him all the time.

If you can't make it look solid then don't put it there, it's really sloppy looking.

Hopefuly they work on the cloth physics a bit more before the game ships!

JoeFenix said:
Game looks good but I hate that cloth thing just clipping right through him all the time.

If you can't make it look solid then don't put it there, it's really sloppy looking.

Hopefuly they work on the cloth physics a bit more before the game ships!

Cloth clipping is now fixed :) - just a bug man - all these shots are work in progress - the HUD is not final yet either. No worries.

JoeFenix

Denis Dyack said:
Cloth clipping is now fixed :) - just a bug man - all these shots are work in progress - the HUD is not final yet either. No worries.

Awesome! Really appreciate the swift reply!

Can't wait to see more of it! :D

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Denis Dyack said:

You're like a genie. Each time someone criticizes an aspect of the game, you materialize and poof the wish is granted.

Let's give it a try.

Man, it sucks that we don't have any new media for this title.

urk said:
You're like a genie. Each time someone criticizes an aspect of the game, you materialize and poof the wish is granted.

Let's give it a try.

Man, it sucks that we don't have any new media for this title.

Coming very soon ;)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom