• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Coverage April/13/07 (post #922+ for reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tailzo said:
Yeah, I keep forgetting about Too Human. I really hope it can capture the greatness of Phantasy Star Online 4 player. Please be good!

The combat should be much deeper than Phantasy Star, or any other RPG. I can't wait for the game. I just wish we could get a concrete release date.

SPEA

Ark-AMN said:
Gotta love SK, they really do listen to their fans, they put up a 45 second sample clip of their recording sessions:

And that's WIP? That is really awesome! Bravo Steve! :)
Nice tune. Especially the ending.

Hannar

New interview and screen up at TooHuman.net as part of our new weekly series. We'll be sitting down for some interviews with the directors of the game in the coming weeks and months.

Our hands on impressions from the play test will be up soon, as well.

Kosma

Banned
Hannar said:
New interview and screen up at TooHuman.net as part of our new weekly series. We'll be sitting down for some interviews with the directors of the game in the coming weeks and months.

Since the game won't be out in 2007....I put my hype in the ice bucket :p

Kosma

Banned
Eyecandy for the lazy :)

060807002.jpg

Everytime this thread is bumped i remember this game still exists. Thanks people

note -> the music is shaping up to be pretty impressive, but it worries me to no end that steven wasn't there because of the leg injury. It really does

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
oo Kosma oo said:
Eyecandy for the lazy :)

060807002.jpg

...But the environment looks so bland...

I'm not trying to "troll," but that's my first, intuitive reaction to that picture: "wow, bland."

Let's hope SK can fill the environments up with gratuitous scenic assets to offset that "bland" feeling I'm experiencing now (to great effect).

Hannar

I'll try to give some context to that image. To the right of the troll is a doorway that the player passes through as the level progresses -- the troll is blocking that doorway. Baldur is actually on a ledge that is in one of the corners of that room. You're really looking at that environment sideways, as the player's path of progression actually starts well to Baldur's left and heads through the doorway. You've seen this environment before, along with some of the other items that populate it -- but probably not from this angle.

szaromir

Banned
dirtmonkey37 said:
...But the environment looks so bland...

I'm not trying to "troll," but that's my first, intuitive reaction to that picture: "wow, bland."

Let's hope SK can fill the environments up with gratuitous scenic assets to offset that "bland" feeling I'm experiencing now (to great effect).
I think the "bland feeling you get comes from the fact that there is no shadowing in that shot (literally not a single shadow). This is a problem with many other screenshots, too. Seriously, since GRAW I would expect every big game to have robust shadowing. They add so much to the atmosphere.

Salazar

I guess the sword thing is one of those effects a still-shot can never fairly represent - it looks a little like he's dipped his weapon in washing-up liquid and is making bubbles. Hope it's not overdone, though: the risk of feeling like one of those ribbon twirling gymnasts is real.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
szaromir said:
I think the "bland feeling you get comes from the fact that there is no shadowing in that shot (literally not a single shadow). This is a problem with many other screenshots, too. Seriously, since GRAW I would expect every big game to have robust shadowing. They add so much to the atmosphere.

Not sure if it's just the shadows, but it's certainly something.

It needs more geometry.

Thoren

Banned
The enemy looks good, but the textures look a little flat on Baldur. Everyone would look alot better with full shadows on.

Hannar said:
I'll try to give some context to that image. To the right of the troll is a doorway that the player passes through as the level progresses -- the troll is blocking that doorway. Baldur is actually on a ledge that is in one of the corners of that room. You're really looking at that environment sideways, as the player's path of progression actually starts well to Baldur's left and heads through the doorway. You've seen this environment before, along with some of the other items that populate it -- but probably not from this angle.

Man do you think the fact that Steve wasn't in prague for the score in prague, will affect anything? It worries me man.

Mifune

Mehmber
I imagine the shadows are turned off because the game wasn't optimized yet and it would have run like a slideshow.

2008 release confirmed.

Kosma

Banned
If this game would get a release date I could really start hyping myself up again , just something for christ sake.

szaromir

Banned
Mifune said:
I imagine the shadows are turned off because the game wasn't optimized yet and it would have run like a slideshow.
Imagine that this is a sreenshot, you don't see framerate in screenshots.:lol (though I guess this prevents "downgrade total" situation)

Hannar

Merovingian said:
Man do you think the fact that Steve wasn't in prague for the score in prague, will affect anything? It worries me man.

Not really -- the lengths they are going to on the sound alone really astounds me. Steve was very excited about the scale of this project versus something like Eternal Darkness.

Mifune

Mehmber
szaromir said:
Imagine that this is a sreenshot, you don't see framerate in screenshots.:lol (though I guess this prevents "downgrade total" situation)

No idea what you're talking about, but this shot is from a demo of the game. Shadows were turned off to make sure it ran smoothly.

Honestly? I can't remember the last time i saw a too human image with shadows on.

While it's easy to say "its work in progress", i'm starting to wonder if they can even get the shadows in since they never show them.

Or have they showed them?

Mifune

Mehmber
Merovingian said:
Honestly? I can't remember the last time i saw a too human image with shadows on.

While it's easy to say "its work in progress", i'm starting to wonder if they can even get the shadows in since they never show them.

Well I would hope that they're able to get the shadows in there if they're competent developers.

But now that you mention it, I haven't seen an image with shadows either.

And shadows were removed from Eternal Darkness at the last minute. So who knows?

Mifune said:
Well I would hope that they're able to get the shadows in there if they're competent developers.

But now that you mention it, I haven't seen an image with shadows either.

And shadows were removed from Eternal Darkness at the last minute. So who knows?

0_o

shit

Mifune

Mehmber
Merovingian said:

Yeah, when it was first unveiled for the Gamecube, it had all kinds of crazy realtime shadows that were cast up and down the walls. Creepy and effective.

Final game...no shadows. What gives?

Merovingian said:

The previous blog before Steve's :). Soft shadows :).

Don't worry about the shadows - everything is fine. Sometimes they are turned off. When we select screen shots sometime we miss that shadows are not on. That all that happened here. Its all good.

Framerate is not an issue in Too Human.

Hope this helps :)

Denis.

Denis Dyack said:

Don't worry about the shadows - everything is fine. Sometimes they are turned off. When we select screen shots sometime we miss that shadows are not on. That all that happened here. Its all good.

Denis.

It does help alot actually thanks :lol

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/793/793128/too-human-20070531062546778.jpg

Lightning no longer looks flat :)

Denis Dyack said:

Denis.

Can we get a similar shot again with the shadows on? If only to keep the nonsense from escalating (but also because I want to see the troll in all its overbearing glory.)

Francias Castiglione said:
Can we get a similar shot again with the shadows on? If only to keep the nonsense from escalating (but also because I want to see the troll in all its overbearing glory.)

In the future - yes of course. :) There will probably be many more to come.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Denis Dyack said:
In the future - yes of course. :) There will probably be many more to come.

Can't be too many more too far into the future because Too Human is out...uh, when did you say it was coming out again? :)

Ark-AMN

Banned
I'm just waiting for the demo. And more music samples would be nice too :D

I can't see how there wouldn't be a soundtrack for this game available on XBL for download now, considering all the effort that has been put into it.

Xamdou

Hannar said:

That was a very brief yet good read on the character classes of Too Human, lot's of replay value on 4 player XBL online Co-Op!

You said coming weeks and months so going by that the game won't come out this month nor July... highly doubtful August and even September due to Halo 3 so it looks like a after October Fall 07 release date for Too Human?

Hannar

My comments about "weeks and months" is just based on how far ahead I have things scheduled -- I'm not privy to any info on the release date.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
hehe... I really dig the Norse stuff. How deep in the mythology is this game rooted? I see that there is a "Aesir Corp", which I find highly amusing (for no apparent reason)...

edit: the picture of yggdrasil doesn't look empty, it looks epic! I certainly feel they nailed that location. And Considering Yggdrasil's importance [in Norse mythology], I'd say that's a really great thing.

And it appears to be some sort of hub area, so this will probably be a room that you come to several times. I'd like it to be as clutter-free as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom