• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human Coverage April/13/07 (post #922+ for reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merovingian said:
So hey...have you seen Uncharted?

What do you think of it?

(i like to read what devs of big 1st party games think about other big 1st party games)

I think it looks pretty cool and want to see more!

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Great screens. RELEASE DATE PLEASE. November is yours if you want it with Halo gone.

But November is too far away. Game looks too good man.

Thoren

Banned
QVT said:
Great screens. RELEASE DATE PLEASE. November is yours if you want it with Halo gone.

November would be awesome.

Too Human and Lost Odyssey for Christmas? Sign me up :)

Xamdou

What we need now are new Too Human videos of the latest in-game gameplay, as well as release date of both the demo and the game itself.

GreekWolf

QVT said:

That would be great. Yesterday, I penciled in Too Human as a winter 2007 release in a random list war. Don't let me down, Denis!

A lot of sites are actually showing an AUGUST release date for this (a legit real date, NOT a placeholder). My mind would be blown if they actually hit that date.

Make it happen, Denis.

Thoren

Banned
Don't do it Denis. Remember what you've learned with Nintendo and churn that S.O.B. out as slowly and perfectly as possible.

new shots am here!

143386653420070525000239.jpg

138611783220070525000239.jpg

manxor

Thoren said:
Don't do it Denis. Remember what you've learned with Nintendo and churn that S.O.B. out as slowly and perfectly as possible.
...and I 2nd it (or 3rd it)... you've got 2 more games to make after, make sure the 1st one creates an amazing impression. Oh, and less white fog please. :D

gljvd

Banned
Vyse The Legend said:
A lot of sites are actually showing an AUGUST release date for this (a legit real date, NOT a placeholder). My mind would be blown if they actually hit that date.

Make it happen, Denis.

I rather have it in the summer. There is a crap load of fps coming out in the fall . This would be a nice change of pace from that . Go from this to mass effect to halo , splinter cell , prob another rainbow game , another graw perhaps and of course cod .

Would be nice to have something right before that bump as after halo for the first few months i prob wont have time for anything else

m0dus said:
The second shot looks very nice.

the first one, not so much.

I'd say the lighting is a bit too subdued for my tastes--things look awfully bland, compared to everything else we've seen.

The shots lack HDR, probably just bad captures (from darker areas)

Snaku

Banned
m0dus said:
Still. the media of this game should have a higher level of control--it really is going up against some AWESOME looking competition (HS, Uncharted). I have no doubt that it will deliver, visually, but I think shots like the above do more harm than good.

Agreed.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Denis Dyack said:
Thank you very much! It is inspiring to read this. I will pass this around to everyone at SK.

Wow. You actually read that! Thanks for the comment! I'm glad my little anecdote inspired you guys :)

Keep up the good work SK (*crosses fingers for Too Human November release date*)

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
I am glad Too Human uses a color palette, surprisingly many games are produced without one. It really does make a difference.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
JB1981 said:
I don't think my interest in a game has ever dropped so sharply. Couldn't care less about this shit anymore.

Certainly not enough to open the thread and type up a reply.

Salazar

That enormous statue does have some weirdly proportioned / positioned arms or shoulders. I guess now Dyack is right, in a way - it is difficult at the moment to completely make up your mind about his game. Whether or not that's a good thing, considering the effort, money, time and bravado pumped into it, I don't know. I still care what happens to it - I just don't think about it.

Mrbob

John Harker said:
So, when is this game actually going to be on shelves? For real.

The release date of Too Human and Mass Effect, two of the worlds unkowns.

Maybe if we lick to the center of a tootsie pop we'll find our answer.

32950.jpg

SPEA

m0dus said:
What kind of shit? the rich, creamy kind? :)

but honestly, by virtue of the fact that you bothered to take the effort to INFORM all of us of this (which seems odd, considering the new screens look better than the last bunch) how is that you 'couldn't care less' if you're taking the time to formulate a post to discuss it in the first place?
Thank you. It saved me from typing that up.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
I can't think of a game I want more than this.

The developers of Eternal Darkness + Norse mythology + Peter F Hamilton esque scfi elements + RPG stuff that includes grinding for rare/awesome treasure + online = want

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
If they can get the animations going so the combat seems alright, then I'm pretty sure I'll pick up this title (even if I don't like the designs of the faces/heads, which I actually think is important for a game like this).

Ark-AMN

Banned
While I don't think this game will make August. I'm still hopeful for a release this year. If anything, I really hope that they will release a demo at the end of the summer or so, then I can play it again after so long (E3).

Ark-AMN

Banned
No pics this week, but some great information from Steve Henifin about making the game's musical score:
The score was recorded with a 42-piece orchestra and a 32-person choir in multiple sessions
And the percussion instruments were recorded in an old chapel with great acoustics.

Can't wait to hear the results. :)

Quazar

Ark-AMN said:
No pics this week, but some great information from Steve Henifin about making the game's musical score:

And the percussion instruments were recorded in an old chapel with great acoustics.

Can't wait to hear the results. :)

Glad to see it will have a varied soundtrack.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Gotta love SK, they really do listen to their fans, they put up a 45 second sample clip of their recording sessions:
By Popular Demand

We have added a sample from the recording sessions for everyone to listen to. This is a work in progress.

Epoch Sample - Enjoy!

Use right-click and save as to download

And that's WIP? That is really awesome! Bravo Steve! :)

Ark-AMN

Banned
Chrono said:
On IGN the release date is early august - is this confirmed? It's actually coming out in a couple of months?
No one knows for sure. I'd imagine if it comes out this year it will be at the very end. A better idea will probably happen once we start hearing about when the XBL demo will be forthcoming.

Tailzo

Yeah, I keep forgetting about Too Human. I really hope it can capture the greatness of Phantasy Star Online 4 player. Please be good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom