• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

That group shot of the party staring at Aqua with full pout faces is really something else, lol

The Fullbring arc is fantastic. It introduces a character whose power is to create bad fanfiction and confronts Ichigo with a situation where beating up a bad guy wouldn't satisfy his savior complex. At least until the shinigami come to save the day and Ichigo gets to go back to being Number One.

I can tell you that ToonamiGAF loves Riruka.

:p

Yes someone is finally giving us Sawamura Kuramochi senpai stuff. Id definitely pick up if I was in JPN, the pillow cover is awesome.
Cc77p8AVIAENd4K.jpg

Shirayukihime - 21

I liked the sort of relaxing 'break' within the change of location. There were some funny interactions and scenes between characters that I'd like to see more of.
Trow (according to subs?) was rather enjoyable, makes me think of a more pushy Garack. Her interactions with Obi and their shared previous line of work shed some appreciated light on his past and how he has changed. Too bad she doesn't seem to be a recurring character.
The reason for the search felt a bit forced from my perspective though, just let the man take his time!

pbayne

Ichigo gets to go back to being Number One.

So cheesy but still one of my favorite character themes ever

Lain 11

First half was re-cap though it does a good job of clicking all the parts of the plot together.

So Lain has apparently just destroyed the barrier between the Wired and the real world. The steady increase in her wrapped in the wires is a really disturbing image, Id imagine theyll be in her veins before long. And holy shit the image of the brain, with the wires acting like impulses was really clever and horrifying at the same time.

Matrix must have influenced by this: Concepts of people souls being software programs within a larger hardware, the body. And then what happens if the body overflows with information and can the soul be transferred from one shell to another.

Snow White with the Red Hair Episode 21 When I'm with You…
Cc-BP6mW4AE_Sxp.jpg
Cc-BP6oXEAAjoP8.jpg

Awesome Obi episode. Im glad we finally got his backstory and how he has found his place among Zen's crew. Good bath scene too.

Jaxec

Overman King Gainer 1-26

Had a lot of fun with this series. The mech designs were unique and the abilities made the battles really enjoyable. King Gainer is a pretty awesome looking mech. The OP for this show is definatly on of my favorites now and it's really catchy.

I'm now in the mood for some more mech anime and was looking into the Gundam series. I've really only watched Iron Blooded Orphns so far and decided to give the entire Gundam franchise a watch.

Mobile Suit Gundam 1-9

I was a little iffy on the first couple of episodes, but now I'm getting in the groove of things and really enjoying this so far. Amuro's cool and so is the rest of the crew, especially Sayla and Bright. Kai is a dick though. Char is amazing and he's definitely my favorite so far. Love his voice and how he's presented. Feel bad for the purple haired guy though, feels like he's gonna get screwed over big time by Char.

I guess I'll also ask if anyone here knows if there's an order I should follow for this series. I though they were all stand-alone series, but now I'm not sure. Do I go onto Zeta after this and then ZZ? Are only these three connected or is there more? Also are the two universe/timelines in the Gundam world? Thanks for any assistance.

Mobile Suit Gundam 1-9

I guess I'll also ask if anyone here knows if there's an order I should follow for this series. I though they were all stand-alone series, but now I'm not sure. Do I go onto Zeta after this and then ZZ? Are only these three connected or is there more? Also are the two universe/timelines in the Gundam world? Thanks for any assistance.

Yes. The order is:

79 > Zeta > ZZ with regards to the big mainline UC entries.

Other entries in the UC universe would be Victory and F91, but those two aren't considered to be very good and can be ignored.

There's also the CCA movie after ZZ, but reception on that is mixed to negative as well from what I hear.

Yes. The order is:

79 > Zeta > ZZ with regards to the big mainline UC entries.

Other entries in the UC universe would be Victory and F91, but those two aren't considered to be very good and can be ignored.

There's also the CCA movie after ZZ, but reception on that is mixed to negative as well from what I hear.

Victory is amazing though.

Qurupeke

Eureka 7 27-29

I'll watch a few more episodes, but I'll leave some impressions for these, because they were awesome.

Everyone apparently meant episode 26, but these 3 episodes were far better. I mean, really, really good and enjoyable. Episode 27 gave us the first actual scene of fights without mecha and had a great but really sad conclusion. Meanwhile, episode 28 had a great fight sequence, that it wasn't about Nirvash being overpowered as usual.
I have to say that I didn't expect Charles and Ray to die so soon. Easily some of the greatest characters in the show and hey reminded me a lot of the Baccano couple, just a bit more crazy. Their backstory really made the whole thing a lot more sad. Moreover, the confrontation between Holland and Charles was constantly great, with the highlight was certainly Nirvash going autonomous. I was disappointed that they hadn't reflected on Ray and Charles' relationship with Renton on 26, but these two episodes really did a good job on that. Also, we had the crazy Ray after Charles' death, with that humming and that hippie music creating a creepy and depressing atmosphere. These 2 episodes were as good as the Coralian arc.

Then there's episode 29, which had quite the revelations, especially after a calm first part. The fact that so many questions got an answer, caught me off guard. It felt kinda out of place but I still think it was about time for some answers. Thanks Talho!
Tbh, nothing really surprising though. Still, it was nice that we finally learn that Eureka is a Coralian, whatever this actually means.
Now that a lot of things has been disclosed, I think it's about time to see more about Dewie and Holland himself. And more Anemone and The End... My main problem with the show, right now, is that the Nirvash is too powerful, with The End being the only real rival so far, but it hardly appears...

ibyea

Banned
Eureka 7 27-29

I'll watch a few more episodes, but I'll leave some impressions for these, because they were awesome.

Everyone apparently meant episode 26, but these 3 episodes were far better. I mean, really, really good and enjoyable. Episode 27 gave us the first actual scene of fights without mecha and had a great but really sad conclusion. Meanwhile, episode 28 had a great fight sequence, that it wasn't about Nirvash being overpowered as usual.
I have to say that I didn't expect Charles and Ray to die so soon. Easily some of the greatest characters in the show and hey reminded me a lot of the Baccano couple, just a bit more crazy. Their backstory really made the whole thing a lot more sad. Moreover, the confrontation between Holland and Charles was constantly great, with the highlight was certainly Nirvash going autonomous. I was disappointed that they hadn't reflected on Ray and Charles' relationship with Renton on 26, but these two episodes really did a good job on that. Also, we had the crazy Ray after Charles' death, with that humming and that hippie music creating a creepy and depressing atmosphere. These 2 episodes were as good as the Coralian arc.

Then there's episode 29, which had quite the revelations, especially after a calm first part. The fact that so many questions got an answer, caught me off guard. It felt kinda out of place but I still think it was about time for some answers. Thanks Talho!
Tbh, nothing really surprising though. Still, it was nice that we finally learn that Eureka is a Coralian, whatever this actually means.
Now that a lot of things has been disclosed, I think it's about time to see more about Dewie and Holland himself. And more Anemone and The End... My main problem with the show, right now, is that the Nirvash is too powerful, with The End being the only real rival so far, but it hardly appears...

Yeah those were my personal favorites too.

Jarmel

Banned
The Ray/Charles arc is pretty much phenomenal from beginning to end.

One thing about Eureka Seven is how it will take characters/concepts done before and not only integrate them really well into the show but even excel past the source it takes inspiration from.

Ramba Ral arc in MSG is one of the highlights of the original and E7 tops it.

Sölf

Same here. Hopefully they'll be spread somewhat evenly around the week..

Our weekly stream currently considers which ~4 of these we are going to watch:

Boku no Hero Academia
Bungou Stray Dogs
Concrete Revolutio 2
flying witch
Mayoiga
Sakamoto desu ga?
Big Order
Kiznaiver
Kuma Miko
Joker Game
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri

And aside from those there is also JoJo and Ace Attorney I want to watch. I will die. D:

Line_HTX

Sölf;197815611 said:

And aside from those there is also JoJo and Ace Attorney I want to watch. I will die. D:

Do the Rule of 3 and drop whichever after the 3rd week.

:p

zulux21

Skip Beat 1

Wasn't expecting this to be as funny as it is. Already love Kyoko and her OTT reactions to everything. The show has such weird, visual style of humor too, its going to be a great series for reaction faces and exaggerated expressions.

Hate Sho already. That dude wanted a mother to take care of him, not a relationship.

Wonder how they'll balance more dramatic bits later with all the comedy so far but great start and it looks like this will be an enjoyable watch.

I am glad to see you enjoyed the first episode, if you liked that then I have little doubt that you will enjoy the series until the end.

Jojo 4-7 or so.

I don't actually have much to add from the last few jojo posts. It's just been pure mostly mindless cliche action and has been a great ride so far lol. over the top when it needs to be, somewhat rooted when it needs to be I will just continue to sit back and enjoy the battles and just enjoy the character story flavor they throw here and there and not expect a deep engaging story :p

Sölf;197815279 said:
So, next season I have like 10+ shows to watch. I will die.

I think I only have 5 or so to watch though I have to look closer at things. the summer season looks pretty good as well with Orange and Soma.

Ill likely work on more detailed knowledge of next season tonight as I will likely prepare my anime spreedsheet for my friends and myself to vote on tomorrow night for what will be the best :p

Sölf

What stream is this? A discussion?

Nah, we just sit in discord with a few guys and watch the shows at the same time on sunday and discuss them while watching. I think we never dropped a show during the stream, but when we watched Saikin, Imōto no Yōsu ga Chotto Okashiinda ga. and all of us thought it was just horrible beyond anything, we watched one episode with The Dark Knight OST in the back ground and watched the last episode backwards. xD

pbayne

Jojo 4-7 or so.[/B]

I don't actually have much to add from the last few jojo posts. It's just been pure mostly mindless cliche action and has been a great ride so far lol. over the top when it needs to be, somewhat rooted when it needs to be I will just continue to sit back and enjoy the battles and just enjoy the character story flavor they throw here and there and not expect a deep engaging story :p

Yeah that is kind of the right mindset for JoJo. Sit back and enjoy the craziness.

I will say that the first half is actually a bit bland or tame compared to "bizarre" it gets in the second half.

Line_HTX

Given your impressions, it'll probably be smooth sailing for you from now on.

I wish the interaction between Renton and those two lasted longer...

:(

Seconding this too. Given what Qurupeke has written so far, things will get some answers as the
Limit of Questions approaches
and emotions will be plenty.

Edit: ROFL^

Cornbread78

Fairy Tail.19-21
Looks like ep.19 was a "filler" episode that acted as a break from the main story. However, it did include some backstory. The crap part of this is they started a story about Mira's sis x Natsu, but cut it short to start a guild battle arc with the Phantom guild and our newest antagonist. Master truly is a monster...

Qurupeke

Given your impressions, it'll probably be smooth sailing for you from now on.

And the same scene had this face too. They wanted it to be emotional, but it came out as very creepy. lol

And that's certainly a relief. If this continues like that, I'll enjoy it. The cave arc seems like a distant memory already. :)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Stars: Episode 190:

To every Sailor Moon season there must also be at least a bit of the drizzling shits and in this case it is the utterly trite and forced conflict between the Sailor Stars and the other factions. I will grant it was given a hint of actual verisimilitude with Seiya getting injured last episode but there is a good reason why the manga dropped this idea once this arc got into full swing. I also know they are playing up the forbidden love angle with Uasgi and Seiya more and more but this is also coming across as a dull time waster. To compound matters the Outers decide on their own accord to stand as antagonists against the Stars as Uasgi is resolutely correct in her asseveration that nobody really asked her what she wants. I have probably mentioned this before but at the heart of what this subplot doesn't work is because the Stars and the Inners have worked together on so many occasions and now added to the mix is the tragic backstory that shows they would not be in alignment with the enemy.

Sölf;197815279 said:
So, next season I have like 10+ shows to watch. I will die.

Same here. Hopefully they'll be spread somewhat evenly around the week..

I have 6 that I will for sure check out and 2 maybes. I always end up picking up shows based on people's impressions around here too so we'll see how it goes. I started with 5 this season, and I'm now at 13 if we count Koyomimonogatari and now God Eater. I don't think I've ever watched this many in one season.

Sölf;197815611 said:

Not gonna watch Bakuon or Unhappy? ;P

Sölf

I have 6 that I will for sure check out and 2 maybes. I always end up picking up shows based on people's impressions around here too so we'll see how it goes. I started with 5 this season, and I'm now at 13 if we count Koyomimonogatari and now God Eater. I don't think I've ever watched this many in one season.

The very first season where I REALLY started watching seasonal stuff (aside from 1-2 shows) was basically winter 13/14. And I watched these on a regular basis back then:

- D-Frag!
- Golden Time
- Hamatora
- Kill la Kill
- Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
- Nobunaga the Fool
- Nobunagun
- Robot Girls Z
- Saki - The Nationals
- Samurai Flamenco
- Sekai Seifuku - Bouryaku no Zvezda
- Silver Spoon S2
- Space Dandy
- Strange+
- Super Sonico
- The Pilot's Love Song

I also started, but dropped after a few episodes (because I already had so much):

- Tonari no Seki-kun
- Wake up, Girls!
- Wizard Barristers

That was probably also the best season I have seen so far, so many really good shows. <3

Kansoku

You guys talk way too much, Jesus.
Can't we have one season without having to do another thread towards the end of that season? Geez.

zulux21

Fairy Tail.19-21
Looks like ep.19 was a "filler" episode that acted as a break from the main story. However, it did include some backstory. The crap part of this is they started a story about Mira's sis x Natsu, but cut it short to start a guild battle arc with the Phantom guild and our newest antagonist. Master truly is a monster...

hey you are finally hitting where fairy tail hits it stride :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom