• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Oh and if nobody has called it, I'll do the OT for Kiznaiver.

Sweet, looks like we'll actually have some OTS running this spring.

So far:

Nintendoman: Ace Attorney
Jarmel: Kiznaiver
Cornbread: Mayoiga

----------------
My Hero Academia: ?
JoJo: ?

We should be claiming these in the OT, OT.

Who knows who claimed them?

Puruzi

Banned
Sweet, looks like we'll actually have some OTS running this spring.

So far:

Nintendoman: Ace Attorney
Jarmel: Kiznaiver
Cornbread: Mayoiga

----------------
My Hero Academia: ?
JoJo: ?

We should be claiming these in the OT, OT.

Who knows who claimed them?

I think Salvapot said he was doing the MHA OT in the MHA Manga thread

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Stars: Episode 191:

I think I have my dislike for this mini-arc as clear as crystal by this point so there is no point in rehashing the points. This episode does see Ami pick up some agency as the Inners try to qualm all of this squabbling and with relations are thawed at the end of the day the strain continues because this needs to be dragged out some more.

Cornbread78

Ace of Diamond Second Season Episode 49
Cc-I4zSW0AIDwkK.jpg

Yes Tojo was right party boy Kanemaru was pretty awesome. Im glad coach put him back on the field as I didn't understand why he hasn't played for so long. It had been speculated because he had messed up in a previous game but I never understood how people got that conclusion.

Good episode but
Aso :( he was so close same for Kanemaru both shut down

Gvitor

Anohana 1

Great first ep. Love the opening.

Anohana's OP is pretty damn good.

Show is pretty good also. It gets somewhat weird by episode 5, I think, but still managed to be enjoyable until the end. I could do with less anime-y Menma, but I guess that couldn't be helped.

The best thing about Anohana for me isn't even its main story (the Menma plot and all), but the childhood friends getting back together. It's a theme that hit heavily on me since I experienced something similar. I hope you enjoy it as well.

Sölf;197822929 said:
The very first season where I REALLY started watching seasonal stuff (aside from 1-2 shows) was basically winter 13/14. And I watched these on a regular basis back then:

- D-Frag!
- Golden Time
- Hamatora
- Kill la Kill
- Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
- Nobunaga the Fool
- Nobunagun
- Robot Girls Z
- Saki - The Nationals
- Samurai Flamenco
- Sekai Seifuku - Bouryaku no Zvezda
- Silver Spoon S2
- Space Dandy
- Strange+
- Super Sonico
- The Pilot's Love Song

I also started, but dropped after a few episodes (because I already had so much):

- Tonari no Seki-kun
- Wake up, Girls!
- Wizard Barristers

That was probably also the best season I have seen so far, so many really good shows. <3

I'll always remember 2008 as it being a great year because it was my first year watching seasonal anime as well. But from back then I think 2011/2012 were pretty damn good years for me:

- Madoka
- Anohana
- Deadman Wonderland
- Steins;Gate
- Fate/Zero
- Guilty Crown
- Accel World
- Hyouka
- Kokoro Connect
-
SAO
- Blast of Tempest
- Btoom!
- Code:Breaker
- Psycho-Pass
- Robotics;Notes

brawly

Anohana's OP is pretty damn good.

Show is pretty good also. It gets somewhat weird by episode 5, I think, but still managed to be enjoyable until the end. I could do with less anime-y Menma, but I guess that couldn't be helped.

The best thing about Anohana for me isn't even its main story (the Menma plot and all), but the childhood friends getting back together. It's a theme that hit heavily on me since I experienced something similar. I hope you enjoy it as well.

Yeah Menma was pretty jarring but I'm sure it'll be fine. I also went through a self-inflicted isolation like the mc so I can already kinda relate.

Gundam IBO 22

Tekkadan is in Canada wooot. But yeah Mika is starting to scare me a little bit. He's basically a killing machine isn't he. I can't say I see the kids going for revenge ending well. We only have a few episodes left, but you guys said this is getting another 2-cour right?

Sölf

I'll always remember 2008 as it being a great year because it was my first year watching seasonal anime as well. But from back then I think 2011/2012 were pretty damn good years for me:

- Madoka
- Anohana
- Deadman Wonderland
- Steins;Gate
- Fate/Zero
- Guilty Crown
- Accel World
- Hyouka
- Kokoro Connect
-
SAO
- Blast of Tempest
- Btoom!
- Code:Breaker
- Psycho-Pass
- Robotics;Notes

Overall there were probably better years, but that particular season was just really strong. That season also had Noragami (which I only watched 2 episodes of and haven't gotten around finishing the rest), Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. (only watched 1 episode, but heard it was also good) and Hoozuki no Reitetsu (which sadly just wasn't my type of humor, even though I as really hyped for it). That season just had really good shows overall, most other seasons imo pale in comparison, especially with the sheer amount of good shows.

Cornbread78

Undefeated Bahamut ep.9
Lots of battle action in the episode, but the story was so spotty, rushed and scattered it suffers from the one step forward two steps back syndrome. Cute moment for Phi at the end at least, but Ai think she's like second or third in his harem.

That's what everyone assumes. It is a Gundam show after all.

It just feels like it is I don't know. The pace of the story, and the events taking place now make me feel like we are only about halfway through the story.

Sölf;197828835 said:
Overall there were probably better years, but that particular season was just really strong. That season also had Noragami (which I only watched 2 episodes of and haven't gotten around finishing the rest), Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. (only watched 1 episode, but heard it was also good) and Hoozuki no Reitetsu (which sadly just wasn't my type of humor, even though I as really hyped for it). That season just had really good shows overall, most other seasons imo pale in comparison, especially with the sheer amount of good shows.

Oh yeah there were tons of other shows that I watched in those years as well, like some of the ones you mentioned, I just named a few of the bigger ones everyone knows. Still I think we had a really great year in 2015. 2016 opened up with a handful of good shows as well, and the next season is very promising.

Dimension W 09

This episode answered a lot of questions of mine and finally gave us what could be the final answer as to who Mira is and who she is not. I really like these flashbacks.

Shirayuki 21

We got to see a bit of Obi's past. He'd always been kind of mysterious when it came to that, so I guess this filled that gap. Never expected bath scenes in this show though LOL.

Cornbread78

Shirayuki-hime S2 ep.9
Nice Obi backstory. Shirayuki has such a cool harem and the poor prince can never ride with his damsel. Will be interesting how they finish off the last three episodes this season. On that note, is this all the source material, or should we expect a S3 announcement down the road?

Osomatsu 22

Last one for the day. The mixer audition had me in stitches. Itchimatsu freaking out put me in tears. And Jyushimatsu icing his crotch?! LOL. The Sheeeh story was hilarious too. I think this may have been one of the funnier episodes

John Blade

Man...work took too much of my free time of watching anime. Just slowly going back watching Watamote right now. I hope to get it done before I go watch another anime. Liking it so far. Most likely make a detail impression if I don't bog down in work.

Also, just random video of anime trailer from VHS. So much memory....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEp4u84v1Z4
ADV Films Anime Ad Promo Circa 1999

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Dimension W 09

This episode answered a lot of questions of mine and finally gave us what could be the final answer as to who Mira is and who she is not. I really like these flashbacks.

Pretty sure the Mira question was actually answered last episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom