• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

markot

Banned
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-02-27/cassidy-gillard-leader-what-now-for-rudd/3855128

Never thought of that, Rudd quitting could be a boost to Labour, especially if they can get Beattie in the seat instead.

Good piece on Labour history too http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/3853818.html

It is kinda funny, but the biggest obstacle to the ALP has generally been itself, division, splintering... etc... even when in opposition, its disunity and what not has been one of the big causes of its inability to get power back, not the strength of the other side.

Kritz

Banned
To be fair, Archer is the best comedy on tv.

4lNSul.png

:mad:

Jezabel

Triple J have been playing a lot of Brisbane band Last Dinosaur and they are great, as well as unearthed winners Snakadaktyl. lots of good things in Australian music if you scratch the terrible Stan walker/Jessica mauboy surface

Yagharek

Slightly on topic, I dont hate Uncharted. I just think the gameplay has done all it can without wearing out its welcome. Lots of games get to that point. Very few know when to quit before ruining their reputation.

On the topic of Shinobido 2 on PS Vita, I think I'll go back and give Tenchu on Wii another go (same developer). Really need a good ninja stealth game, and seeing how rare those are I might as well try the cheaper option first.

Danoss

I'm planning to pick up an iPhone 4S to replace my Nexus S. Since I've been out of the iOS arena for a while, could I grab some recommendations for essential apps and games?

I will melt your icy heart one of these days Vince. Maybe the Move exclusive Uncharted On A Boat will be enough of a change to get your motor running.

Triple J have been playing a lot of Brisbane band Last Dinosaur and they are great, as well as unearthed winners Snakadaktyl. lots of good things in Australian music if you scratch the terrible Stan walker/Jessica mauboy surface

There is a pretty cool post hardcore band too on Unearthed with female vocals. Can't recall their name but I think they won a spot at Soundwave.

markot

Banned
Pfft. It's all about Dungeon Raid.

That is awesome.

Although it seems hard to unlock new classes and crapnots >.>...

Also, what sucks is that I want to get my new computer parts tomoz, and MSY.com is down pretty much and has been most of the day cause they are dumbos who spent $5 on the website >.<!

I freaking hate how msy is pretty much the only choice in canberra if you dont want to order online from melbourne or sydney >.>; (reasonable prices wise)

Deeku

The worst thing about first year courses is when the lecturer tells everyone to introduce themselves to the people sitting next to them.

Arts + honours takes 5 years? :eek:

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
So last night I watched Pan's Labyrinth and tonight I watched Full Metal Jacket.

So much good.

Shaneus

That is awesome.

Although it seems hard to unlock new classes and crapnots >.>...
Once you get the hang of it, it's a bit of a grind but addictive as hell. Powering up each character with unlocked skills is pretty good. I'm up to level 10 with... five characters now?

Easy 7's, awww yeah.

Have faith.

I still do, barely. It's more ragged superstition at this point.

Haha. Well, I can deal with mediocre money as long as I'm doing something I like. Just need to figure out what that is.

I can tell you its not translating. Translating will steal your soul, and your back posture -_-

The worst thing about first year courses is when the lecturer tells everyone to introduce themselves to the people sitting next to them.

Arts + honours takes 5 years? :eek:

We did that in second year Korean. 15 or so students who already new each other. It is more awkward when you don't know the people though.

It does if you add Korean (three majors). Its not a race, I guess. Just when I'm studying I feel stuck in time. When will I ever get out of my room and start living~?

hamchan

Now that I'm back in Uni I have noticed how many cute girls are in this place. Now I just need to have the balls to talk to them when the opportunity arises >.<

Deeku

Easy 7's, awww yeah.

Haha. Well, I can deal with mediocre money as long as I'm doing something I like. Just need to figure out what that is.

I can tell you its not translating. Translating will steal your soul, and your back posture -_-

We did that in second year Korean. 15 or so students who already new each other. It is more awkward when you don't know the people though.

It does if you add Korean (three majors). Its not a race, I guess. Just when I'm studying I feel stuck in time. When will I ever get out of my room and start living~?
I know it's the same as translating, but ever thought of game localisation? From what I gather it's a bit more creative than just straight translation.

3 majors, 2 of them being languages:O

Jintor

Now that I'm back in Uni I have noticed how many cute girls are in this place. Now I just need to have the balls to talk to them when the opportunity arises >.<

Haha, another one joins the fold!

...fuck.

how do you ask a girl to go out with you. I did this already and then I forgot how to do it.

Goddamnit

what in the mouth-breathing fuck is going on in those mainland universities of yours?!

Actually doing JPS101 mainly out of interest because 7 or so years of on-off self-directed Japanese learning hasn't achieved SQUAT in terms of real understanding of the language

Deeku

That would be a lot of fun (sssoooooo much more than finance) :D Seems like a niche industry to get into.
Hey, don't knock finance. It's rad!

It probably is a niche industry, but it could be something to look into. Or not lol.

I think the best way to find something to do with your language degree/s is to just ship yourself to the country and poke around for something. I mean, getting scouted for a variety show sounds pretty good I reckon!

yes,I lurk in the japanese thread heh

Actually doing JPS101 mainly out of interest because 7 or so years of on-off self-directed Japanese learning hasn't achieved SQUAT in terms of real understanding of the language
And it's all thanks to me for making you do it!

I just discovered SBS popasia. If only it was a real radio station...

Haha, another one joins the fold!

...fuck.

how do you ask a girl to go out with you. I did this already and then I forgot how to do it.

Goddamnit

:(

At least there many girls at uni so you have almost infinite chances to get it right.

&#32244;&#32722;&#12375;&#12424;&#12358;&#65311;

I can't do self directed learning either. I am far too lazy for that...

I've heard one japanese song so far, but that was by a Korean band so I don't think it counts.

SBS doesn't work on my tv. No signal for some reason :( I used to watch the Japanese news when it was on though.

Hey, don't knock finance. It's rad!

It probably is a niche industry, but it could be something to look into. Or not lol.

I think the best way to find something to do with your language degree/s is to just ship yourself to the country and poke around for something. I mean, getting scouted for a variety show sounds pretty good I reckon!

yes,I lurk in the japanese thread heh

Yeah ^^ I'm not sure if I wanna live there or not yet, but there are definitely a lot of options.

Axiom

Drop7 didn't start as a Zynga game, but that they bought it doesn't make it any less my favourite puzzle game of that type since Tetris.

I downloaded the demo of Motorstorm RC, the controls (both types) infuriate me and I cannot get used to it.

Danoss

I bought Drop7 when it came out ages ago, I guess no advances in iOS gaming have been made since then, besides a mention of Dungeon Raid.

I guess I'll do my reading and try to get recommendations elsewhere.

Whoa, whoa, what?

https://twitter.com/AusGAF

Who made this?
(And I'm going to be @-messaged every time I post... /first world problems)
I made it. You have the option of 1) having it tweet your posts and include your Twitter handle or 2) having have it tweet your posts but not include your Twitter handle or 3) not having it tweet your posts at all. The default is the first but I'm happy to change it for anyone who asks (either in the thread or via PM).

The point of including the Twitter handle (only for those who I know which links up to the GAF handle) was to try and bring GAF members on Twitter a bit closer for community etc etc. It's also a nice shortcut to your posts should you want to find one later. I can understand why some wouldn't want it though so have no problems changing it. Turnaround time can't be guaranteed but it shouldn't take long if I'm not already busy doing something else.

Also! If anyone wants to be added to the Twitter list @AusGAF/members (https://twitter.com/ausgaf/members), let me know. This is the easiest way to see what AusGAFers are up to on the Twitters -- you just subscribe to the list and you're following everyone!

Top Bottom