• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF 7th Gen Pokemon Trading Economy. Breed! Barter! Battle!

The Sun/Moon OT thread is not sufficient nor are PMs visible enough to know exactly what trainers are offering and looking for what Pokemon/Items. These posts are also swamped in general discussion and lost in the flow of info This thread will be for those who are looking to get that extra oomph out their enjoyment of the game. This trading economy thread aims to speed up the process of obtaining competitive level Pokemon and items and people can specialize in select areas and not try to do everything from scratch.

Questions are welcome but please leave the general discussion to the OT.

For those of you just getting into the breeding scene here are some things to get started:

Locations in Alola-Pokemon
A guide to breeding
Breeding with items
S.O.S and S.O.S exclusive Pokemon (Having 30+ encounters on SOS will guarantee 4Perfect IVs.)

We can also conduct item trades here. Here are some relevant items
http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/battletree.shtml

Please format requests as follows

(Looking for) LF: Example Example

(For Trade) FT: Example Example

FARMING FOR DITTOS

1) Get a Pokemon with only Recycle, another that knows Switcheroo with a Leppa berry, and one more with Substitute, False Swipe, and moves that can OHKO Ditto.
2) Find a Ditto
3) Have Ditto transfrom into the Recycle user
4) Switch out and then Switcheroo a Leppa berry onto that Ditto
5) Switch to your False Swipe user, Substitute (to prevent Transform from other Ditto), False Swipe the Recycle-spamming Ditto (it will use Recycle forever 'cuz Leppa), and then proceed normally from there. (~ PreyingShark)

If there is anything you would like for me to add to the OP please tell me. I would like to be able to put a banner up as well but I lack the skills to do it.

QUOTE TO SEE!!

Here is the doc for username/FCs. Please Edit your FC in. I'll save backups every so often.

IMPORTANT: PLEASE ENTER TRAINER NAME IN THE OTHER COLUMN TO MAKE VERIFICATION LESS A HASSLE

Alright I'll get things started if I can.

LF: Moon Exclusives, Adamant/Jolly/Impish/Bold/Naive/Modest/Timid Dittos. Pomeg Berry. Assault Vest. White Herb. And any MegaStones. Rare Kitchen 5Star. Treasure Hunt 5Star.

FT: Adamant Oblivious(Queenly Majesty) Bouncesweets, Timid HA Alolan Vulpix with Moonblast/Extrasensory/MoonBlast. Wimpod with Spikes and AquaJet EM. HA Adamant Gible. Mareanie.

Updated 11/25. I will keep this post edited and updated at all times.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
LF: Rowlet and Litten eggs
FT: Popplio egg.

FC is on my profile.

LF 5 or 6 iv ditto also want a naive ditto
FT Beldum, ghost pika thing, comfey, dhelmise, the new ape and monkey
3110 8582 7934

The Lamp

Oh is there a way to do this?

EDIT:How to quote to avoid lurkers?

You type [/email*] without the * into the quote box.

Lurkers can't see it but members can quote the post to get the link.

I just did it with this post. Quote to see.
[email=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13xVk6TatbAmXG_g7w7ELg51quZRtjOQA3U_-D3AXcjs/edit?usp=sharing]

Crocodile

I'm going to pick up the game soon but I want to know, how long does it take normally before you are able to trade Pokemon? Like what do you have to do?

FT: Beast Ball Axew, Moonblast HA Vulpix
LF: Cubone with good IVs

Will be breeding HA Gible later today.

EDIT: Also, I'll trade Destiny Knots for 4 IV Ditto. You can chain them pretty easily if you know how:

1) Get a Pokemon with only Recycle, another that knows Switcheroo with a Leppa berry, and one more with Substitute, False Swipe, and moves that can OHKO Ditto.
2) Find a Ditto
3) Have Ditto transfrom into the Recycle user
4) Switch out and then Switcheroo a Leppa berry onto that Ditto
5) Switch to your False Swipe user, Substitute (to prevent Transform from other Ditto), False Swipe the Recycle-spamming Ditto (it will use Recycle forever 'cuz Leppa), and then proceed normally from there.

And of course turn move animations off when doing this if you don't hate yourself.

FT: Beast Ball Axew, Moonblast HA Vulpix
LF: Cubone with good IVs

Will be breeding HA Gible later today.

If I get Freeze Dry on my MoonBlast Extrasensory HA Vulpix will that suffice for that sweet juicy Gible? Or i'll start Chaining Marowaks until I get a 4IV one if that'll suffice.

If I get Freeze Dry on my MoonBlast Extrasensory HA Vulpix will that suffice for that sweet juicy Gible? Or i'll start Chaining Marowaks until I get a 4IV one if that'll suffice.
If it has Freeze Dry sure, I have both male and female 5V Moonblast HA Vulpix but they lack Freeze Dry.

I would prefer a Cubone/Marowak but it doesn't need to be 4IV. Just two or three would be fine.

If it has Freeze Dry sure, I have both male and female 5V Moonblast HA Vulpix but they lack Freeze Dry.

I would prefer a Cubone/Marowak but it doesn't need to be 4IV. Just two or three would be fine.

I will get working on the Vulpix. I have this elaborate plan for it. It'll take some time though. I'll PM once I finish.

Sciel

I have a few 4/5IV Cubones with Adamant nature to giveaway if interested :).

Every time a new pokemon game comes out I tell myself this is it I am going big I am going to get into breeding...

Then I don't. I need to break the cycle.

Koren

Sorry for derailing a bit the thread with a question (I'll contribute a lot as soon as I have a more complete dex), but...

EDIT: Also, I'll trade Destiny Knots for 4 IV Ditto. You can chain them pretty easily if you know how: [...]
5) Switch to your False Swipe user, Substitute (to prevent Transform from other Ditto), False Swipe the Recycle-spamming Ditto (it will use Recycle forever 'cuz Leppa), and then proceed normally from there.
Not sure if I understand the last steps... If I'm not mistaken, the idea is producing a stream of dittos using SOS? But how do you know which ditto has 4-IVs?

Sorry for derailing a bit the thread with a question (I'll contribute a lot as soon as I have a more complete dex), but...

Not sure if I understand the last steps... If I'm not mistaken, the idea is producing a stream of dittos using SOS? But how do you know which ditto has 4-IVs?
Once you get past 30 you're guaranteed 4IVs

Past 30 encounters, you're guaranteed 4 IVs.

Koren

Once you get past 30 you're guaranteed 4IVs

Past 30 encounters, you're guaranteed 4 IVs.
Many thanks to both of you...

I think I'll spend far too much time hunting dittos again ;) (I have a near-complete collection of 4-IV dittos with all natures in ORAS, and I must say I'm not sure I want to transfer them, since breeding in Gen IV still seems better to me, and there'll probably be no way back)

Top Bottom