• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

16k sources: Trump fired Comey because Russia, leaks, and "wire tapp"

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
From the article

I wonder how all those Trump supporters in the NY branch feel right now

But seriously, everytime Trump swipes at the IC they give a solid jab back. I wonder how they'll swing when a career man is taken out for purely political reasons.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
“I think there will be a concerted effort to respond over time in kind.”

that is great. really strong words. I've heard it a billion times, whether it be the FBI or the IC, so what the fuck are they waiting for? Gloves off, fuck the rules. Evil will always cheat and take the quick path. Give an inch, they will take a mile and then cut your throat.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
This new season of House of Cards has really bad writing, none of this could possibly happen.

I know right! I quit in the first episode when he fired his AG for refusing to endorse an Executive Order that was proven flagrantly illegal. No way anyone in a real government would allow him to continue in office after that. How much more stupid did the show get after?

GutsOfThor

Honest question, what in the fuck do people do? The FBI and the IC have been largely silenced. Congressional Republicans are putting party over country. The Judiciary can't investigate.

Almost all of our institutions have failed or suppressed to such an extent that there's really no stopping Trump (beyond himself of course).

What in the actual fuck do we do when the federal government is in an actual Constitutional Crisis? It's getting to the point where we cannot wait until 2018. Shit needs to be done soon.

Hope that people go out to vote next year in midterms instead of this idiotic "both parties are the same" bullshitery.

ElRenoRaven

So this pretty much confirms that whoever Trump puts in charge is going to try their damnedest to kill the Russian investigation and go after Leakers. Lovely.

jayu26

Wait, wait...didn't they defend the wire tap remark (tweet?) by saying that he didn't really mean literal wire tap? So does this confirm that he meant literal wire tap? Can he be taken to court in that case?

From the article

tumblr_inline_o6kc7nROiE1r2477y_500.gif

Trump fucked up.

Wait, wait...didn't they defend the wire tap remark (tweet?) by saying that he didn't really mean literal wire tap? So does this confirm that he meant literal wire tap? Can he be taken to court in that case?
No reasonable prosecutor would take that case.

Snwaters

So this pretty much confirms that whoever Trump puts in charge is going to kill the Russian investigation and go after Leakers. Lovely.

The fine folks at the FBI will love that.

Trump Stooge: So, our new priority will be to focus on who is making these awful leaks.

FBI: Sure thing boss!

Trump Stooge: Any leads?

FBI: We have a few potential suspects:

main-qimg-7b96e202cd96d10fee130dc6850d89bb

meppi

So this pretty much confirms that whoever Trump puts in charge is going to try their damnedest to kill the Russian investigation and go after Leakers. Lovely.

Actually, let him do just that.
It'll escalate even more quickly and end this mess a lot sooner as well.

Timeless

Laughed like 9 times while reading. Despite Trump's inexplicable win, he can be beaten. Mostly through his own utter incompetence.

1. Make weak coalition on risky promises
2. Don't make good on them
3. Piss off otherwise apolitical entities
4. Re-election 2020

Let's not let him off too easy. He still royally screwed the pooch. Let's not forget his pure incompetence and lack of trying hard not to think about it or care? and how it made him...mildly ill.
But there is more to Comey than just the emails, there's also the one who as deputy attorney general in the Bush administration pushed back against the expanded use of torture and warrantless wiretaps. That's the one Obama appointed FBI director. And regardless of the error of judgement shown with the emails, that guy would probably be many, many times better than whoever Trump wants.

Brandon F

The "honeymoon" period folks.

Quite the accomplished bullshit artist we have here.

Ogodei

Laughed like 9 times while reading. Despite Trump's inexplicable win, he can be beaten. Mostly through his own utter incompetence.

4. Re-election 2020

It's not even about apolitical entities. FBI was in the tank for Trump. CIA could've easily gotten on board with the whole "we need to go after their families" bit. He chose to make them his enemies because they weren't in the tank enough.

Airola

Wiretap was in quotes.
And quotes was in quotes.

In today's world the word literal is also most often used in quotes (and those quotes are in quotes too).

So anything is possible, I guess.
Possible being in quotes (in quotes).

Ri'Orius

"...But hey, atleast he's not Hillary Clinton. I am so glad I committed treason to help him win, even though I was investigating him for Russian ties, even then. "

My understanding is that he didn't intentionally give the election to Trump. Like everyone else, he thought Hillary was a sure thing, and so he went public with the Weiner emails to ensure her victory was unsullied by later claims about FBI obfuscation.

Which I can understand. In hindsight that's not how it happened, but nobody thought Trump had a chance.

iammeiam

4. Re-election 2020

I'm rapidly settling in to the idea that Donald Trump has no fucking idea how the government works, and thinks he can treat it like a private business and it will all work out. He thinks he's CEO and owner of the Private Corporation of America. FBI is part of the company's security division, and as CEO he should be able to set their priorities and redirect them when they focus on things counter to his personal goals. The GOP having control of the house has ultimately just pushed him deeper into this mistaken belief, because he was able to force a shitty healthcare bill through the House on sheer force of BUT I AM THE PRESIDENT AND I SAY SO!!!!

The Comey thing, then, is him thinking he'll shitcan a disloyal employee that he knows a large chunk of his workforce didn't like. People generally don't protest if a hated coworker gets the boot, so he was expecting reactions to be low key.

Trump doesn't understand and maybe isn't capable of understanding that while the FBI Director serves at the pleasure of the President, the Director's ultimate duty is not to appeasing the President but to serving the nation and if the President wants to keep trying to redirect efforts into petty bullshit leak finding the Director is within his rights to say no. Trump doesn't get it, but by and large Democrats do, and because Comey may have been flawed (emailsssss) but did generally seem on some level to feel a sense of duty to doing right by the FBI seeing him kicked to the curb for not being a puppet was going to be met with backlash.

I honestly don't think Trump understands shit well enough to ever fully grasp the reason the reaction is happening the way it is, but I still want to know what the fuck Kushner and Priebus were thinking not stopping this shit.

Brandon F

Man some people are looking silly right now.

So long as Trump remains a racist, he could steal their healthcare, their children's future, their savings, their homes, anything. He hates the same people they do, everything else is white noise.

Top Bottom