• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D Child of Eden Looking Likely for PS3 (IGN Rumour / Chatter)

V_Ben

Banned
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1160798p1.html?RSSwhen2011-04-09_094100&RSSid=1160798

3D support is looking increasingly likely for the PS3 version of Child of Eden.

Child of Eden's creator Tetsuya Mizuguchi spoke enthusiastically about the potential of 3D for his latest creation, a rhythmic shooter that's been billed as a spiritual successor to Rez.

Although he wouldn't go as far as to confirm 3D support, Mizuguchi – who was talking at a live Q&A at Kapow! Comic-Con – seemed to be hinting towards the feature for the PS3 version, which will be hitting some time after the game debuts on the Xbox 360 this June.

Mizuguchi also entertained questions from the crowd, saying he'd be keen to return to the world of Space Channel 5 if enough people convinced SEGA to make it happen. The petition starts here.

Ok, Move and 3D? That could be quite possibly the craziest experience ever. Good grief. Seems the delay to the PS3 version might bring some neat stuff indeed...

onQ123

battling_seizure_robots.jpg

Seizures for everyone

V_Ben

Banned
BroHuffman said:
It would make up for this version being delayed

Certainly would make up for it, yeah. Isn't it a Sony thing that versions of multiplatform games that hit PS3 later must have additional content? I wonder if we'll see an extra level or something too...

mik

mik is unbeatable
why wouldn't the 360 version have 3D as well then? I'd at least expect that via a patch or something.

jett

D-Member
mik said:
why wouldn't the 360 version have 3D as well then? I'd at least expect that via a patch or something.

I guess there's nothing stopping the 360 version from having 3D support. It would run at 640x360, though. I frankly look forward to playing this game with a controller, that huge-ass cursor on the Kinect version is quite ugly.

Cruzader

Banned
V_Ben said:
Certainly would make up for it, yeah. Isn't it a Sony thing that versions of multiplatform games that hit PS3 later must have additional content? I wonder if we'll see an extra level or something too...
That only applies to old ports and a digital game releasing later inst a port by any means so no.

entremet

jett said:
I guess there's nothing stopping the 360 version from having 3D support. It would run at 640x360, though. I frankly look forward to playing this game with a controller, that huge-ass cursor on the Kinect version is quite ugly.
Doesn't the 360 version have controller support as well?

StuBurns

Banned
jett said:
I'm not sure if you're exaggerating for effect, but I'm pretty sure the 360 can deliver 3D is fine quality, not PS3 quality theoretically, but fine.

jett said:
Crysis 2 runs in 3D on 360 doesn't it?

jett

D-Member
Crysis 2 runs in 3D on 360 doesn't it?

Crysis 2 isn't truly autostereoscopic, but that has nothing to do with what I said. Not sure if you misunderstood me, I said there is no reason why the 360 version of Child of Eden shouldn't have a 3D mode.

StuBurns said:
I'm not sure if you're exaggerating for effect, but I'm pretty sure the 360 can deliver 3D is fine quality, not PS3 quality theoretically, but fine.

I guess it'll depend on the base resolution of the game.

StuBurns

Banned
jett said:
Crysis 2 isn't truly autostereoscopic, but that has nothing to do with what I said. Not sure if you misunderstood me, I said there is no reason why the 360 version of Child of Eden shouldn't have a 3D mode.

I guess it'll depend on the base resolution of the game.
I think it's that the 360 can't do full 720p stereoscopic 3D at 60Hz. But then again, almost nothing runs at that on PS3, Super Stardust does, I think that's about it.

It makes me wonder actually, does Child of Eden run at 60Hz? I believe the Kinect is only 30Hz itself.

Draft

How many worthless gimmick technologies can this man attach to Children of Eden? Maybe a PC port with smell-o-vision?

theBishop

Banned
Is Move support confirmed? Last i heard it was Kinect only.

3D+Move sounds awesome, but I'm not getting 3D any time soon.

Man, when I finally get a 3D TV, there's going to be a lot of games worth re-playing...

jett

D-Member
Now that I think about it, I did the math wrong, it'd be more like 640x720, just like most PS3 games with 3D support.

StuBurns said:
I think it's that the 360 can't do full 720p stereoscopic 3D at 60Hz. But then again, almost nothing runs at that on PS3, Super Stardust does, I think that's about it.

It makes me wonder actually, does Child of Eden run at 60Hz? I believe the Kinect is only 30Hz itself.

I think CoE does run at 60fps, if I remember correctly a video from gamersyde. I don't know if the graphics are simple enough to run at 720p@120 on the PS3. Maybe half-res.

Agent X

Great news for sure, but from a personal perspective I'd want to hear confirmation of Move support first, as I don't have a 3D TV yet.

Like theBishop said, this would probably be an awesome experience with both Move and 3D.

Just imagine if the game also implemented face tracking (using the PS Eye or Kinect) to shift the camera view along with the player's head movement.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Man, I want confirmation of Move support so bad. You could either easily replicate the experience of the Kinect control or you could do a more traditional subtle pointer control like on the Wii. It would clearly become the definitive version, even without 3D.

Jtrizzy

Socom has the best 3d on consoles imo, even if it's not the real thing. This looks awesome, although I'm not a big Move fan.

ChryZ

I really hope they deliver the best possible version for each platform and don't sell out (kinect controls exclusivity, etc). It would be a shame if money hat > creative vision.

if they're going to put a 3d mode in it, being the base game a 720p 60 fps one, it's either going to be 720p 30 fps per eye (easiest way) or sub-hd 60 fps per eye.

Has this been posted already?

Child of Eden Has Corset Peripheral
Child of Eden has its own corset peripheral, though it's only playable within Q Entertainment' studios right now.

Child of Eden's creator Tetsuya Mizuguchi described the corset as he demoed the game at today's Kapow! Comic Con, revealing that it holds four controllers all of which vibrate in time to the music.

Outlandish, perhaps, but Mizuguchi's got previous when it comes to strange peripherals: Rez was accompanied by a Trance Vibrator that, perhaps unsurprisingly, didn't find its way out of Japan.

It's sadly unlikely that the Child of Eden corset will make its way out of Q Entertainment's studio, but if there's enough demand maybe publisher Ubisoft can be convinced to bankroll the peripheral.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1160908p1.html

Just got a 3d TV couple weeks ago and was talking to my brother about how awesome if child of eden was in 3d!! Hope its true. Ill skip kinect controls to play this game in 3d

Exactly what this game needs to get you in the zone like never before. Maybe they'll port Rez over at a similar time and I'd double dip, especially if that was 3D as well.

Raoh

Konosuke said:
It just needs to happen. Move + 3D + DualShock belt for the win.

_dementia said:
Someone really needs to sell such an accessory!

well now that its mentioned, maybe its time to release a dualshock vest to compliment the sharp shooter.

I thought i saw a demo once for a combat vest with rumble functionality.

Koralsky

I just need original Sega Rally, original Space Channel 5 and Rez HD (maybe in 3D and Move support) on PS3/PSN.

Also, anyone know when we are going to see PSN/XBLA version of Space Channel 5 Part 2?

Of course, CoE is day one for me.

Top Bottom