• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

97.5 The Brodeo- January 16, 2008 (aka The "Bobito's Back!" Episode)

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Since I can finally post again just wanted to say this episode was awesome. I do support you guys on what you say about the shadiness of Ubisoft and their bullshit practices just because of some scores people on the internetz should had made a bigger deal the whole Shoe editorial thing.

BTW hopefully next week Either Ryan or Geff will have more news on Pirates of the Burning sea since it will be released next week but I am guessing since you guys are press they would have let you 15 early with the dudes that pre order I am keeping my hopes up for that game and Warhammer since the end game of both games will rely on more pvping than Pve.

JeffGreen said:
Yes it is. Insult her at your own risk, bub. :)

I was actually reading that the other day and saw the name and questioned if it was your daughter or not and decided it was just a coincidence. Guess not.

JeffGreen

97.5: The Brodeo
Linkzg said:
I was actually reading that the other day and saw the name and questioned if it was your daughter or not and decided it was just a coincidence. Guess not.

If you look on the "review crew" page at the beginning of the Reviews section, we spell it out.

Mr.City

JeffGreen said:
If you look on the "review crew" page at the beginning of the Reviews section, we spell it out.

Black Dragowned. However, there's something I've been wondering about. Isn't your daughter 13? She writes very well for someone her age.

Esperado

Mr.City said:

I just feel bad for the guy.

Mr.City said:
Black Dragowned. However, there's something I've been wondering about. Isn't your daughter 13? She writes very well for someone her age.

Her dad is the editor, which should suggest some type of literature/English emphasis in their household. She probably gets a lot of help on her literature/English homework.

Also, her dad is the editor, he probably looked over it and helped her improve a lot of things.

Esperado said:
Her dad is the editor, which should suggest some type of literature/English emphasis in their household. She probably gets a lot of help on her literature/English homework.

Also, her dad is the editor, he probably looked over it and helped her improve a lot of things.
I was gonna say Jeff wrote it and put Sarah's name on it so as to keep some sort of reputation (Black Dragon reputation?), but works for me. :lol

Tieno

FartOfWar said:
Considering that he's just about the funniest person I know, I'd say he'd be perfect. he lives in Arizona though.
Shame, he always seems to be your partner in crime.

Does he work in the game industry?

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
I want to support this crew for doing these excellent podcasts. Is it possible to buy the magazine digitally from yuroland even?

Tieno

elostyle said:
I want to support this crew for doing these excellent podcasts. Is it possible to buy the magazine digitally from yuroland even?
You can read the magazine for free though Zinio (legally)

Tieno

I hear you guys about the Ubisoft banning and how it's important and the disappointing reaction. But if it's so important then I find it puzzling that I can only find Dan's blogpost about this issue. I can't find anything about it in the news or feature section when searching via google reader. While Dan dedicated an editorial to it in EGM, I think 1up dropped the ball too by only reporting on it in a personal blog.

JeffGreen said:

I never actually noticed that part on that page, I thought all the main info about the staff was on just the staff section on page 10 next to the ad of a movie I have never heard of before in my life.

border

Possible topic for next episode's Off-Topic discussion: Cloverfield.

I just saw this yesterday, and halfway through I couldn't help feeling how much it felt like Half-Life. Namely just the way it's all in first-person, and constantly refuses to give you a cinematic angle (or any details beyond what the central character experiences). That plus it's just a huge roller-coaster ride with giant monsters and stuff :) The moments where they walk right by the monster are not unlike walking under one of the tripod walkers in HL2.

In the past, Jeff in particular has noted that movie reviewers will often give a film a bad review and say that it is "like a videogame". Generally this means it's too spastic, full of CG and fast cuts. But here is a film that resembles a videogame more than anything else in recent memory, and I doubt there's a single review mentioning that connection.

Jacobi

Banned
border said:
Possible topic for next episode's Off-Topic discussion: Cloverfield.

I just saw this yesterday, and halfway through I couldn't help feeling how much it felt like Half-Life. Namely just the way it's all in first-person, and constantly refuses to give you a cinematic angle (or any details beyond what the central character experiences). That plus it's just a huge roller-coaster ride with giant monsters and stuff :) The moments where they walk right by the monster are not unlike walking under one of the tripod walkers in HL2.

In the past, Jeff in particular has noted that movie reviewers will often give a film a bad review and say that it is "like a videogame". Generally this means it's too spastic, full of CG and fast cuts. But here is a film that resembles a videogame more than anything else in recent memory, and I doubt there's a single review mentioning that connection.
Please not, it's not out yet here...

border

I think you can have a discussion on Cloverfield without spoiling much of anything. The story is pretty thin, and the connections to Half-Life are more about technique and style than the actual events. I dunno if there's too much to say beyond "Oh yeah, it's a lot like Half-Life," but maybe writers that are smarter than me can come up with something :D

Shins

Banned
border said:
Namely just the way it's all in first-person, and constantly refuses to give you a cinematic angle (or any details beyond what the central character experiences). That plus it's just a huge roller-coaster ride with giant monsters and stuff :)
I loved the way the camerawork was handled throughout. For the first ten minutes or so, I had some difficulty adjusting to the idea that there wouldn't be any other perspective for 90 minutes, but once that melted away, I was really just drawn in. The whole thing was filled with such intensity, to the point where once I was outside again, I felt a need to sit down and just collect myself for a few minutes.

I heard some people complaining as I left the theater about how nothing was explained about the monster or the overarching situation, and I really felt like they just missed what the film was going for, and achieved so well.

edit: spoilered just in case

FartOfWar

Banned
Opus Angelorum said:
Explanations are needed, because those are seriously...what the fuck?

:lol

I'll save it for the podcast but for starters I got a beer hat, 4' bong, crack pipe, and tattooed shlong. A hermaphrodite can have mad fun with all that.

FartOfWar

Banned
Jacobi said:
:lol :lol :lol Cro Sachertorte

That's Rory. Anthony from MyCheats and our friends Matt and James joined in, too. We're able to roll into strip clubs five deep and then jump on the stage and start pole dancing and doing lap dances like some kind of XXX Gummo until all the patrons start bailing out. That one pic of Cro laying down with a stud on the beach lasted all of 5 seconds. We go to public places then lay down next to fools and see how quickly they jump up and start yelling. see http://img2.putfile.com/main/1/1814020291.jpg People get so mad in this bozoland.

ThomPayne

FartOfWar said:
That's Rory. Anthony from MyCheats and our friends Matt and James joined in, too. We're able to roll into strip clubs five deep and then jump on the stage and start pole dancing and doing lap dances like some kind of XXX Gummo until all the patrons start bailing out. That one pic of Cro laying down with a stud on the beach lasted all of 5 seconds. We go to public places then lay down next to fools and see how quickly they jump up and start yelling. see http://img2.putfile.com/main/1/1814020291.jpg People get so mad in this bozoland.

True that. Some friends of mine and I have been delving into some pretty awesome Second Life escapades ourselves lately. So far we've wrecked 2 or 3 furry bars, terrified the general populous by running around as misshapen idiots with chairs for arms, and been general nuisances in public places, leading to people flipping a shit regularly.

My in game name is Dickbutt Kronfeld.

FartOfWar

Banned
Opus Angelorum said:
So how does Second Life work, can you be 'kicked' from this part of the world?

Yeah, we get kicked from areas all the time. Sometimes they kick us the split second they see us.

FartOfWar said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

That's griefing done right.

Variable

I think people who play second life seriously are the scariest people around. Yes, much more scary then hardcore Nintendo fans.

spootime

Remember that Geek hierarchy chart from a podcast in early 2007?

Furries who write about themselves in their own fanfics IN second life are the worst.

We have found a new low.

Mash

TheGreatDave said:
That's it, I'm downloading Second Life.

You fool! Do you know what obese, sexually deprived, deliberately-misleading-avatar using, middle-aged women will do to young men like us in second life? Do you?

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Damn after seeing more of Pirates of the Burning Sea I am way more pumped for that game than ever before and might buy the game on Day one. The only thing that is holding me back is the fact that it's an MMO and I actually want to see different opinions on game bugs and stuff like that hopefully Next weeks Gfw will include some talk on it.

Mash said:
You fool! Do you know what obese, sexually deprived, deliberately-misleading-avatar using, middle-aged women will do to young men like us in second life? Do you?

I just went to the first place with "furry" in the title, and Jesus. I mean, I'm probably just seeing the tip of the iceberg here but...the voice chat with voice distorsion was bad enough for me.

And by "bad enough for me" I mean I'm going to be watching people for hours.

Top Bottom