• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Choc

Banned
Fredescu said:
The only Halo I've played is Halo 3, and I really liked it. Co-op on the higher difficulties is a lot of fun. I finished it maybe a dozen times, but I still couldn't tell you anything about the story. Also the guts level was terrible, and the quasi platforming finale was stupid. Apart from that though, it seemed a million times more interesting than these super scripted FPS campaigns that just about everyone else makes.

if you have a 360 you should get anniversary

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
My planet earth bluray box set and Life bluray boxset just arrived 15 days ahead of the estimated schedule :) Thank you amazon.co.uk

Just got this delivered in the mail.

126.jpg

jambo

Choc said:
question:

is whether you pick up SR3 or AC:R today a reflection on how mature as an adult you are?

Nope

Gazunta said:
You guys have fun with your bang bang games I'm playing Scribblenauts on the iPad and it's just lovely.

So good, just wish there were more levels!

Shaneus

jambo said:
Gaming over RDP?

dzR5a.gif
JLfVS.jpg

Choc said:
hey shaneus is ace combat worth picking up

i did like the GB quicklook?
That's AC6 which is the oooold one. Not the new one. But yeah, I didn't mind what I played of it. Ran out of time on the first mission but it was a nice bit of fun. Haven't put any more time into it to give you a better impression, though.

Gazunta said:
You guys have fun with your bang bang games I'm playing Scribblenauts on the iPad and it's just lovely.
I played it on my 4S last night. For about 30 mins longer than I needed to. Contrary to popular belief, the best way to get a knight across a shark-infested lake isn't to put a saddle on the bullshark, attach a rope to it and the other end to a boat. It's just to build a bridge. If the shark gives you hassles, turn him into a frog.

Also Gaz, try "Feep", "Neogaf" or "post two one seven" (from memory) for some neat little easter eggs.

Shaneus

Nup. AC6. Came out in '07 or something. It was on sale at Big W online for about $25 or something a month or two (or three) ago and only just unwrapped it now.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Nintendo event next Tuesday in Sydney, $400 to go (flights)… should I?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Gazunta said:
Hell, no. Spend the money on yourself and tell Nintendo to fly you out.

They already said they won't ._.

I like going for networking and catching up too.

Salazar

Choc said:
If all that proves true, fairfax is a fucking disgrace of a media organization trying to protect one of its own

its possible news.com.au posted it all without sources, in which case they are idiots

Ayo, SMH printed an only marginally less detailed story at the same time as News did.

trinest

codswallop said:
Take the girl and turn it into a long weekend in Sydney
at much greater expense
Then rent a car and drive 500 miles to see trinest.

It could turn into an unoffical vooks meetup.

Yagharek

Omi said:
Regenerating health in FPS is one of my most disliked mechanics going around. To me it is lazy game design because the dev no longer has to design a 'level' that takes into account health management.

Reduces most shooters to duck out of cover, let loose a clip of ammo, get hit a bit, duck behind the cover again until you are good to go.

Pathetic.

I'd like to see an FPS do what Xenoblade did: regenerating health outside of encounters/battles. In battle - if you need health, you have to do it yourself (ie in an FPS, administer a medkit).

Choc

Banned
RandomVince said:
I'd like to see an FPS do what Xenoblade did: regenerating health outside of encounters/battles. In battle - if you need health, you have to do it yourself (ie in an FPS, administer a medkit).

skyrim does this right?

Jintor

VOOK said:
Nintendo event next Tuesday in Sydney, $400 to go (flights)… should I?

Pay me to go

Choc said:
skyrim does this right?

Yep. It's kinda slow though, but that's alright, it's a stat you can fortify!

Uni is le complete and I have Skyrim and Saints Row and I should check Goose's desk for UMvC3.

I think he's come down with a serious case of Skyrimitis.

Oh yeah I'm done with exams. Fuck that admin law exam though, right up the butthole. It was horrific.

Kritz

Banned
Just watched In Time. Boy, it was impressive just how dumb that movie is.

I did get a laugh out of all the "time" puns, though. It was if the Matrix 3 was crossed with BTTF 2.

5/5

I don't like the idea of price matching as a customer. Why should the lazy company get my business versus a company that's actively seeking it? In fact, I'm rewarding the lazy company with a sale because unless they actually reduce the price for everyone, the next person will just come along and pay full price.

Choc

Banned
codswallop said:
I don't like the idea of price matching as a customer. Why should the lazy company get my business versus a company that's actively seeking it? In fact, I'm rewarding the lazy company with a sale because unless they actually reduce the price for everyone, the next person will just come along and pay full price.

EB sydney city does reduce to JB prices because they get fedup with price matching

and they are literally 5 metres apart

Imma gonna make some predictions:

console versions of SR3, AC:R, Skyrim, BF3, Goldeneye, NFS will be $40 from Zavvi just after Christmas. Maybe BF3 and Halo CE. Before Christmas is possible but I doubt it. Not sure about local price drops, but I'd bet they don't match the UK prices.

before Xmas I expect cheap Space Marine, Dead Island, Gears 3, maybe Rage (maybe $20-30)

not getting discounted this year (apart from loss-leader promos) MW3, Mario and Skyward

I liked the idea of NFS: The Run, but there was always only a slim chance of it being any good. Not at all surprised. There's also no way I would've bought it for more than $40, since it looked pretty much like NFS: COD: NFS.

From what I can tell the spiders from Skyrim are as scary as the ones from Dark Messiah, just not in as creepy of a setting.

Fuck you Dark Messiah, you amazing amazing game.

also wtf happened to cmmunity? i mean i was getting boredof it but still.

Jintor

markot said:
Why would you want to wait for delivery from them for the best game ever?!

Yeah, ideally I get it and the gold controller here someplace.

I'm not actually against paying a high price for it this time around.

Choc

Banned
Megadrive said:
From what I can tell the spiders from Skyrim are as scary as the ones from Dark Messiah, just not in as creepy of a setting.

theres a nmod to remove the spiders

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Megadrive said:

Hiatus for a few weeks, but confirmed full season order of 22 eps.

but doesn't look good for a fourth season (which likely would have been the last)

Top Bottom