• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big XBLA sale (Outland,Shank,Trial,Yars Revenge, Blade Kitten, Trouble Witches, more)

Gaspode_T

bender said:
How are the load times for Clash of Heroes on X360? I bought the PSN version and quickly soured on the experience. As nice as the game looks in HD, I prefer the DS version. It's a great game though.

The Club for 400 points is tempting. It's the only Bizarre Creations game I have yet to play. Any thoughts?

I'll probably pull the trigger on Trouble Witches Neo and Outland.

The battles take like 20 mins so waiting 20 sec is not that big of a deal IMO...the devs already explained it is slow because they use high res art

I just played up to stage four in Yars Revenge, I like it...Especially for 400

You have to be dexterious enough to target with right thumb and dodge with left,the controls are complicated but i started to get better...achievements look legit, I did not get a single one so far...best of the recent Atari remake games i think

charlequin said:
Clash of Heroes is a puzzle-driven RPG. (See thread here.) It's similar in structure to something like Puzzle Quest: you move around on a node-based map, fighting story battles, unlocking new units and artifacts, and doing sidequests. The battle system is a very interesting variant of match-3 -- you have a random board of units that you have to match vertically (to make attacks) or horizontally (to make walls) and use them to damage and defeat your opponent -- and then it's expanded with a variety of systems for linking and combining units, unique character powers, etc. It's difficult to express the system just by describing it so probably the best thing to do is try the demo. Anyway, this is a very content-rich game which also has a cool multiplayer mode, so if you have any interest in it at all it is easily worth $10.

Rad, I'll try the demo (I keep forgetting XBLA has those, lol).

kai3345 said:
Monday Night Combat is a must buy. Funnest multiplayer game on XBLA

Monday Night Combat is ESSENTIAL.

eek5

kai3345 said:
Monday Night Combat is a must buy. Funnest multiplayer game on XBLA
I was going to get it but then I saw they're making Super Monday Night Combat which is basically MNC with more stuff as a free to play game on PC :/

NinjaBoiX

bender said:
How are the load times for Clash of Heroes on X360? I bought the PSN version and quickly soured on the experience. As nice as the game looks in HD, I prefer the DS version. It's a great game though.

The Club for 400 points is tempting. It's the only Bizarre Creations game I have yet to play. Any thoughts?

I'll probably pull the trigger on Trouble Witches Neo and Outland.
What region? And yes, it's a great twist on a TPS. TPS/racing game I guess. For 400MS? Shit yeah!

Clash of Heroes is awesome and totally worth playing. I've put a lot of hours into multiplayer and the campaign, honestly, is pretty good! Comes strongly recommended, but try the demo.

bender

What time is it?
Gaspode_T said:
The battles take like 20 mins so waiting 20 sec is not that big of a deal IMO...the devs already explained it is slow because they use high res art

You load in-between areas and the puzzle challenges are very short. There is a lot of loading in the game and annoyed me. They also felt longer than 20 seconds but again, I played the PSN version. I'm not saying you shouldn't play the game as it is fun but load times are disappointing.

-NinjaBoiX- said:
What region? And yes, it's a great twist on a TPS. TPS/racing game I guess. For 400MS? Shit yeah!

I just followed the link in the OP. I assumed the US. Haven't checked for myself yet.

Merovin

Anyone know how long this will be up and can give advise on Trials? I don't know when I'll get the chance to try out the demo.

Thanks for updating the OP!

Well I'm gonna definitely get;

Outland
BCR2
Heroes of MM

On the fence;

Moon Diver
Monday Night Combat
ilomilo ---- I have no idea what this is, only heard of it through reading this thread

thundr51

MoonDiver GET!

Been waiting on this to drop in price. So good..
Now I just need Hard Corps Uprising to drop and I'll be set..

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Hey I knew I saved my 780 points for a reason. Don't have an extra 20 (I hate how you buy MS points), but 400 is gonna be going to Outland like well now.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Trouble Witches Neo! is fantastic, buy it people! As much as I enjoy things like Radiant Silvergun and Strania, I think I liked the happy world and atmosphere of TWN! just a bit more... it reminds me of things like Twinkle Star Sprites and Parodius, (And that Magical Chase game which I didn't even know existed until the TWN! thread, lol) which feel so rare now-a-days.

It's also rare for SNKP's XBLA games to go on sale, so get em while you can!

I'll always support MNC, too. I wish the DLC and balances would make their way to XBL, though.

Really interested in Moon Diver, especially for local co-op. And this is THE price I was waiting for, to pick up Yar's Revenge! The game seems worth it for the glorious re-imaging alone, I'd actually like to see it's Miyazaki-ish rendering style and world used again for some future DLC game. Outland also is a serious must-get for me, I lamented it falling by the wayside, and now can finally make up for it.

I'm always happy these sales coincide around Bing reward points for me, lol. Means some 400 point game is practically free! ;)

I also think Wakfu deserves way more attention than it recieved. 3 unique characters to play, 2 player based off that, and a wonderful art style. It's like Bastion's older, cute sister or something, lol. It's a great attempt at bringing the style of fighitng from the French Animated series into a game world (or of the particular style from Dofus, if you prefer...)

While Shank isn't a horrible game at all... I'd recommend most of the games on this list above it. I find it's wannabe mature nature to be at odds with it's classic-style 2D gameplay. This might be really appealing to some, but for me, I find it detracts from the fun nature that makes me like "Arcade" gaming in the first place.

Vanillalite

Just bought Outland. Can't wait to try it out later when I get home!

BTW I LOVE LOVE LOVE Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes both in terms of art and gameplay. Plus at $10 you are getting one of the longest most fully featured XBLA games. SP is 20 hours + another 10 or so with side quests/bosses. So that's 30 hours of SP content + there is online MP.

Kusagari said:
Got Moon Diver, Outland and Might and Magic.

I agree that Hard Corps needs to drop next.
I thought Hard Corps already did at some point. I know I have it and would not have paid full price for it (not that it's not good, I just tend to wait for sales for that genre).

Ifrit

Is rearmed 2 worth it? I enjoyed the first one a lot, does this one have the annoying DRM where you have to be online to play it?

bubnbob

Banned
Ifrit said:
Is rearmed 2 worth it? I enjoyed the first one a lot, does this one have the annoying DRM where you have to be online to play it?

I'm sorry, I think you're in the wrong thread. This is the 360 thread. DRM issues are in the PS3 thread.

Vanillalite

Ifrit said:

Not near as good as the 1st. Not a bad game mind you. but there are much better games to buy on this sale. Better off with Moon Diver, Might and Magic, Outland, ilomilo etc... over this...

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
Any opinions on Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime? Didn't even know the game existed. I thought it was that 3rd person Ghostbuster game when I saw it on the list.

Downloaded the trial to play later when i get home. Watched the video and it looks like a fun co-op twin stick shooter. Plus its friggin Ghostbusters. That alone should make it worth a purchase right? Hmmm I dunno.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I never got Rearmed 1. That's worth the sale price? It's officially on my radar. I never really played the older Bionic Commando.

Jesus Carbomb said:
Any opinions on Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime? Didn't even know the game existed. I thought it was that 3rd person Ghostbuster game when I saw it on the list.

Downloaded the trial to play later when i get home. Watched the video and it looks like a fun co-op twin stick shooter. Plus its friggin Ghostbusters. That alone should make it worth a purchase right? Hmmm I dunno.
It got horrifically bad reviews. I never played it or the demo myself, though. Demo's been on my hard drive since day 1

Bought Outland and TWN. Never knew Outland got such rave reviews.

I also hope MS notices how much more they will sell during these sales and that they'll do at least one "special sales week" per month, outside of the deal of the week.

Spylon

Neo Member
I haven't finished reading the thread but ilomilo is last weeks Gold only Deal of the Week. It will go up in price today, sometime before 12:00 noon Pacific. If you want it grab it quick.

Also the site linked in the op is mine, thanks for link and credit to the site for finding the sale. The page linked is a feed on the latest price drops and free dlc, so it will auto update when new items are found.

I'm always open for feedback, questions or feature requests for the site. It's my hobby and I only work on it in my spare time but I do respond to anything I see.

GuardianE said:
I never got Rearmed 1. That's worth the sale price? It's officially on my radar. I never really played the older Bionic Commando.

I found it difficult, but fun at the same time.

You might want to try the demo first. The inability to jump may be jarring to you, especially if you never played the original BC games.

Rearmed 2 adds a jump feature, which you may like more instead.

Waiting to see Friday's deals before buying anything but

Definitely getting
Outland
ilomilo

on the fence
The Maw
Yar's Revenge
Islands of Waku
Trouble Witches Neo
Shank
Clash of Heroes

looks like ilomilo deal is now dead, showing 800 pts on xbl, and while it still shows 400 pts on xbox.com it wont complete the transaction

eek5

GodfatherX said:
looks like ilomilo deal is now dead, showing 800 pts on xbl, and while it still shows 400 pts on xbox.com it wont complete the transaction
ilomilo was deal of the week starting 9/20, not part of this promotion

it's been a week so i'm guessing it's over now

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Ledsen said:
How is rearmed 2?
The controls are slightly unresponsive, and the game is more linear compared to the first one. Although, it looks really good. If you liked the first game then get it.

Top Bottom