• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War - First impressions (Full review embargo lifts Apr 13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

I think its possible, idk the hype for Rogue One seems nothing like for Episode VII last year, though there's still a while till it release. Still though, it doesn't feel like the same sort of even level hype that was there for The Force Awakens.

I think Civil War can beat it possibly.

we're still a long way out. there was a lot of buzz around that teaser trailer. just wait til they plaster darth vader (assuming he's in it) over fucking EVERYTHING as we get closer to the film's release.

it's going to be huge. if anything, the second star wars spinoff film will start to cool things down.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Canal Place lets you reserve seats bruh. Unless you're not actually in NOLA.

I actually live out in St. Charles Parish, but nobody knows where the hell that is so I generally just say "New Orleans", a city people recognize.

Canal Place is a hell of a drive, and New Orleans parking is a pain as usual. I generally frequent theaters in the Metairie and Kenner area, with an occasional stop in at The Prytania.

we're still a long way out. there was a lot of buzz around that teaser trailer. just wait til they plaster darth vader (assuming he's in it) over fucking EVERYTHING as we get closer to the film's release.

it's going to be huge. if anything, the second star wars spinoff film will start to cool things down.

Idk we'll see. I just think there is a legit shot that Rogue One isn't the number 1 film of 2016. It will be giant though no doubt. Either way Disney wins so its all good for them

duckroll

When romantic interests of normal superheroes get written out of a book, they usually just break up or are never mentioned again. With Matt they have to either commit suicide, get murdered in front of him, betray him and get killed, or suffer irreparable psychological or physical damage. It's kinda twisted!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
When romantic interests of normal superheroes get written out of a book, they usually just break up or are never mentioned again. With Matt they have to either commit suicide, get murdered in front of him, betray him and get killed, or suffer irreparable psychological or physical damage. It's kinda twisted!
And you would think Peter Parker has a difficult love life!

It's the Catholicism

this_guy

I have around $30 to work with for me & my friend. Is there a local burger place that I could try while I'm in the area?

Red Robin is all about burgers and they're pretty good (even though it's a chain restaurant). If you want to do something that's not a chain you're pretty close to Galleria area, but traffic is going to suck especially as you're approaching rush hour.

Neoxon

Red Robin is all about burgers and they're pretty good (even though it's a chain restaurant). If you want to do something that's not a chain you're pretty close to Galleria area, but traffic is going to suck especially as you're approaching rush hour.
I should have enough cash leftover for popcorn, right? I don't want to be starving to death while I'm waiting.

jmood88

#Teamjmood88
2ef2b57773b4fdd6c9702e5d15299b81.jpg

Them and their unlimited fries. I can barely finish the first order of those monsters.

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/captain-america-civil-war/review/

Matching its blockbuster scale and spectacle with the smarts of a great, grown-up thriller, *Captain America: Civil War* is Marvel Studios’ finest film yet. There. We said it again.

5 stars

Empire review: (Ain't reading it, so don't know about spoilers) http://www.empireonline.com/movies/captain-america-civil-war/review/

5/5

More embargo breaks or did everyone else have the wrong time?

this_guy

I should have enough cash leftover for popcorn, right? I don't want to be starving to death while I'm waiting.

Red Robin burger and fries will be in the $10+ range as it's a step up from fast food burgers. There's also a Whataburger on Silber (theatre is located on I-10 and Silber) so it should be in the parking lot as well. What a burger meal should cost you in the $6-8 range.

Magwik

Banned
The empire review has some light spoilers but my god it sounds like the villain may actually be done decently. It's a miracle! Also hype is maximum now.

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/captain-america-civil-war/review/

Matching its blockbuster scale and spectacle with the smarts of a great, grown-up thriller, *Captain America: Civil War* is Marvel Studios’ finest film yet. There. We said it again.

5 stars
[Spiderman's] introduction to the action is resoundingly joyous, the reboot the character truly deserves. (“I don’t know if you’ve been in a fight before,” he’s told by one opponent, “but there’s not usually this much talk.”)
Yes, that's Spiderman alright

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Am I right in thinking that the only other comic movie Empire awarded 5 stars to was The Dark Knight?

This film must be seriously fucking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom