• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War - First impressions (Full review embargo lifts Apr 13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
She knows me so well

O2GwFmq.png

Timu

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/captain-america-civil-war/review/

Matching its blockbuster scale and spectacle with the smarts of a great, grown-up thriller, *Captain America: Civil War* is Marvel Studios’ finest film yet. There. We said it again.

5 stars

Empire review: (Ain't reading it, so don't know about spoilers) http://www.empireonline.com/movies/captain-america-civil-war/review/

5/5
Here we go...glad the embargo is over with as well, this early no less.

So the Russos hit another Home Run. Wow.
I mean, in my defense, I knew it was going to be a bloodbath, reviews are going to break before I see the movie this time
You tried to warn us.

I remember seeing those positive early impressions from fans but then your review came along and I thought "Yeah, this seems more in line with how critics will view BvS."

phanphare

Banned
whoever makes the RT thread

we're gonna need this in the OP

GCEbFno.gif

thanks <3

someone shop that ugly costume out though

we never have to think about raised webbing abominations again

unless this is like some passover shit where you have to eat stuff dipped in saltwater to remember how shit everything used to be

SpaceWolf

Banned
Blimey. If this film really impresses, the Captain America trilogy could be one of the very few film trilogies where each installment is better than the last. Who ever heard of the third film being the best of the lot?

Blimey. If this film really impresses, the Captain America trilogy could be one of the very few film trilogies where each installment is better than the last. Who ever heard of the third film being the best of the lot?
Toy story is my favorite trilogy but I think cap will beat that for me now.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Superman Returns is woefully underrated. I support that score.

It was probably the most bored I have ever been watching a comic book movie until Fantastic Four, but even that was interesting in a car crash kind of way. I'm not a fan of the character though, so it would have taken a lot for me to like it.

Who ever heard of the third film being the best of the lot?

Marvel have already done this with Iron Man IMO.

I'm quite partial to Return of the King out of the three

Caode

Something tells me they regret that superman score. I'd 100% agree with the Dark Knight trilogy though.

I'm a fan of Superman Returns but I wouldn't rate it anywhere near as high as the company it's sharing there. I'm surprised that they haven't downgraded it, Empire have been known to change review scores in the past. The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones were both 5 star films as far as I can remember from the original magazine reviews but they later revised them down to three stars, which is still way too generous in my opinion.

inky

How long does that usually take? Is there a set number of reviews that need to come out before they will appear on RT?

Nah, but once the embargo is up (little more than 1hr) there will be a good dozen reviews to have a thread. I imagine RT won't start aggregating them right away tho.

But someone will make it, don't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom