• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War - First impressions (Full review embargo lifts Apr 13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalentan

Nah, but once the embargo is up (little more than 1hr) there will be a good dozen reviews to have a thread. I imagine RT won't start aggregating them right away tho.

But someone will make it, don't worry.

I shall worry! For no real reason, but I shall. Cause I need entertainment. Even if it's all good reviews, entertainment will be had.

phanphare

Banned
Ew no. Iron Man 3 is the worst of the Iron Man movies.

1 being the best.

having just watched Iron Man 3 I think it gets unnecessarily shit on. it's a good movie and is a key part of tony's character arc.

Iron Man 2 is shit though

Captain America Civil War [Review Thread] Does Whatever a Snyder Can't

Shame we'll never get this one, people said it was too "mean spirited"

oh that's a good one, damn lol

Am I right in thinking that the only other comic movie Empire awarded 5 stars to was The Dark Knight?

This film must be seriously fucking good.

eVcKmcG.gif

ITS HAPPENING PEOPLE

GET READY FOR VALHALLA

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'm a fan of Superman Returns but I wouldn't rate it anywhere near as high as the company it's sharing there. I'm surprised that they haven't downgraded it, Empire have been known to change review scores in the past. The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones were both 5 star films as far as I can remember from the original magazine reviews but they later revised them down to three stars, which is still way too generous in my opinion.

I remember getting that issue in 1999 and TPM only got 4 stars, AotC did get five initially, but it was revised back to 4 soon after I think.

BumRush

I know "early impressions are always positive" thing, but WHAT they're all saying is what matters to me. Serious tone, Black Panther well done, Spider Man kills it, etc.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
Am I right in thinking that the only other comic movie Empire awarded 5 stars to was The Dark Knight?

This film must be seriously fucking good.

5IRmeGU.gif

Anyway, I just want another great Winter Solider (quality wise) movie and it looks like it delivers (unlike AoU compared to Avengers 1), which most movies fail at keeping or increasing the quality in the sequels.

Captain America Civil War [Review Thread] Does Whatever a Snyder Can't

Shame we'll never get this one, people said it was too "mean spirited"

That thread title is too good for this world

Iron Man 1 is decent, but yeahhh 3 is the best

In fact, it's the best MCU film.

If Mandarin (Kingsley) was revealed to be behind it all at the end, then I'd agree.

But it remains Winter Soldier, with Avengers 1 in 2nd place.

not MCU anymore but the GOAT is Spider-Man 2

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Dont judge, Captain America Movies are here called The First Avenger.
So there was a movie called The First Avenger: The Winter Soldier.

Are you in the middle east? And I thought Avengers Assemble was terrible..............

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Are you in the middle east? And I thought Avengers Assemble was terrible..............
Germany. Lots if Idiots around who seem to cant handle America in a movie title as it seems.

On the other side, Amazing Spider-Man 2 was intended to be named Spider-Man 2: The Return of the Superhero(!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom