• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2017 Week 5 |OT| Searching for evidence that Kentucky has ever beaten Florida

jjasper

Trying to get us to get Butch fired for you? I mean, I'd like the win, but I'd rather we win and somehow not cost Butch his job.

I mean if you win a game where both teams played well and Butch coached a good game that kept us in the game and then we went on to go 8-4 it could probably happen but the likelihood of that is like 10-15% or less.
Still a big deal even for this thread.

Shit gonna get real fast for some schools today.

I doubt much comes out of this for football. Basketball players going to schools cause of shoe deals and shit under the table from shoe companies has been going on for a while and has been a ticking time bomb. Most of the football stuff is just straight school's boosters paying players and not nike/adidas/etc doing stuff. I mean some stuff for sure will come out but it will be small compaired to college basketball where almost all schools will have the chance to be involved

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I doubt much comes out of this for football. Basketball players going to schools cause of shoe deals and shit under the table from shoe companies has been going on for a while and has been a ticking time bomb. Most of the football stuff is just straight school's boosters paying players and not nike/adidas/etc doing stuff. I mean some stuff for sure will come out but it will be small compaired to college basketball where almost all schools will have the chance to be involved

Depends on how rogue they were and who know. I could see some ADs getting heat cause of this, and that effects every sport.

Oh the fun things with being a student at the University of Alabama. I'm sitting beside a football player in a blowoff computer science class. He's got this cool iPad like thing and is watching game film. I need one of these those things.

Meltdown Week 4

Feels like this could have been much much better, but then all the quality melts won late.

Florida is the new Tennessee.

I don't get it. How can we be Tennessee if we own them too?

If Jim McElwain was in an Escape Room, he'd never get any of the clues. But with 3 seconds left the door would inexplicably fall off its hinges and he'd just walk out.

Lol

And from FSU:
Ohh shit we Gator football now

This makes sense because we're 0-2 as well.

Oh wait.

tebunker

Banned
Oh the fun things with being a student at the University of Alabama. I'm sitting beside a football player in a blowoff computer science class. He's got this cool iPad like thing and is watching game film. I need one of these those things.

Oh I remember those days, Freshman Western Civ class, three starting O-line men - one future NFL'er who played tackle for Washington... One day two of them bailed on class but the third wrote in their names as attending... They got caught, and nothing was said/done.... Man I hated those Dubose days.

I honestly think Saban would wreck a player for skipping classes.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Oh I remember those days, Freshman Western Civ class, three starting O-line men - one future NFL'er who played tackle for Washington... One day two of them bailed on class but the third wrote in their names as attending... They got caught, and nothing was said/done.... Man I hated those Dubose days.

Chris Samuels?

tebunker

Banned
Chris Samuels?

Maybe. ;-)

I can say this, he wasn't the one who missed class. I am drawing a blank on the other dudes, I was thinking one was Paul Hogan and the other Griff Redmill but not sure. They were all FR/So in 97 so they would have taken that class. I know for sure Chris was there as I sat next to him during a lot of lectures.

Players always stood out like a sore thumb in classes.

Lonestar

Maybe. ;-)

I can say this, he wasn't the one who missed class. I am drawing a blank on the other dudes, I was thinking one was Paul Hogan and the other Griff Redmill but not sure. They were all FR/So in 97 so they would have taken that class. I know for sure Chris was there as I sat next to him during a lot of lectures.

Players always stood out like a sore thumb in classes.

Yeah, guys over 6'4" and about 300 lbs of muscle kind of stand out amongst mostly 5'9" 170 lb college kids.

Yeah, I also took an intro astronomy for another easy class with Blake Barnett and some other new freshman last year. Never saw them miss a day of class, and they had like a coordinator with them.

I've had the pleasure to meet Derick Henry and a few others over the past three years. It's kind of a nice reminder that they are just people too and the same age as me, even if they seem freakishly large.

ryseing

Friend of mine had a class with our kicker after he missed a chip shot to beat Clemson last year.

Needless to say he did not show up to class that week.

I was thinking Clemson had lost to NC State last year. But yeah, come to think of it, NC State blew it. Who was it? BC?

Fake edit, because I looked it up before submitting: It was Pitt.

Lonestar

Wonder how Petrino will react once Pitino gets canned and the Basketball team goes away.

Might be jubilation for not winning the scumbag war of "who is the worst person at Louisville."

That he won the SEC east last year is still astounding.

Hope Kirby doesn't Richt it.

Is it though? The SEC East blew last year. And the year before that. And this year.

On that note: Ryan McGee placed the entire division at #5 on his Bottom 10 list, lmao:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/page/bottom092617/bottom-10-sec-east-least

5. The SEC Least

How do I love an entire division in the Coveted Fifth Spot? Let me count the ways. Vandy lost to Bama by 59 points; Mizzou lost to Auburn by 37; Kentucky fell to Florida for the 31st time in a row by blowing a 13-point, fourth-quarter lead. Then Florida had nine players tagged in a fraud case. And the team that had just lost to Kentucky last week, South Carolina, had to kick a late field goal to win 17-16 over Louisiana Tech, a team that came in the day ranked 94th in the nation in points allowed. Am I missing anyone? Oh yeah, Tennessee message boards have been filled with eleventy-billion #FireButch complaints after being in this spot solo last week and then narrowly escaping UMass. So, how many ways? All those other numbers added to eleventy-billion.

bachikarn

Gata could be champ of the fulmer cup for the next 50 years, up to 62 potential felony charges on 9 players

The best part is that one player had 30 counts of felony because he kept using his stolen CC information to buy gummy worms.

PS: UGA should take one for the team and let Tenn win so Butch keeps his job

andycapps

The best part is that one player had 30 counts of felony because he kept using his stolen CC information to buy gummy worms.

PS: UGA should take one for the team and let Tenn win so Butch keeps his job
I think Booch is done now, regardless. Plus already gifted him last year.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
https://deadspin.com/lou-holtz-i-basically-know-what-its-like-to-be-a-black-1818826822

During my nightly viewing of Fox News, a familiar nasally, barely comprehensible voice called out from the abyss, mumbling, I have opinions about black people protesting!

Yes, it was Lou Holtz, the retired college football coach and former ESPN analyst. And like too many straight white men, Holtz wanted us all to know, Hey, I’m a victim too. Here he is talking about the NFL’s national anthem demonstrations:

There’s an awful lot of things that happen in this country, but I want you to know, I’ve been unfairly ticketed. I was given a ticket when I didn’t exceed the speed limit, because I was coaching at one school, and the patrol officer graduated from the other, and he let me know he was bitter about this. That happens in life.

After talking about his perceived unjust experience at the hands of the police—which, it should be noted, ended in a fine and not his death—Holtz goes on to inexplicably claim that he doesn’t know what NFL players are protesting.

“I never see anybody on TV. I never see anybody on Twitter. I don’t see anybody doing an interview and saying, ‘This is the reason I am upset.’”

DdNfDdB.png

Lou is spending his retirement on the couch watching fox news like most senior citizens.

Fox News: "Radicalizing your conservative grandparents since 1996"

Limedust

Did anyone watch the last 10 years of Lou's broadcasting career? I'm having a hard time think of an easier way to get a controversial statement aside from asking Lou Holtz for his opinion.

Top Bottom