• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostbusters (2016) Trailer #1 (Feig, Wiig, McCarthy, McKinnon, Jones)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw

Also available on Ellentube

#Ghostbusters and #GB16 Hashtags.

ghostbusters2016-1.jpg

Plot
Erin Gilbert (Kristen Wiig) and Abby Yates (Melissa McCarthy) are a pair of unheralded authors who write a book positing that ghosts are real. A few years later, Gilbert lands a prestigious teaching position at Columbia University, but her book resurfaces and she is laughed out of academia. When ghosts invade Manhattan, Gilbert reunites with Yates, teaming up with a nuclear engineer, Jillian Holtzmann (Kate McKinnon), and a subway worker, Patty Tolan (Leslie Jones), to save the world from a mysterious evil and powerful demon known as Rowan (Neil Casey).

Cast
  • Melissa McCarthy as Abby Yates, a published author on the subject of the paranormal.
  • Kristen Wiig as Erin Gilbert, a professor at Columbia University, who co-authored the book with Yates.
  • Kate McKinnon as Jillian Holtzmann, a nuclear engineer and Yates' new partner.
  • Leslie Jones as Patty Tolan, an NYC subway worker who stumbles across the main supernatural threat in the film and becomes a new member of the team.
  • Chris Hemsworth as Kevin, the Ghostbusters' receptionist.
  • Neil Casey as Rowan, a mysterious evil powerful demon and the film's primary antagonist.
  • Andy García as the Mayor of New York City.
  • Charles Dance
  • Michael K. Williams as Hawkins.
  • Elizabeth Perkins
  • Cecily Strong
  • Matt Walsh as Rourke
  • Pat Kiernan as a News Anchor

Cameos
  • Bill Murray
  • Dan Aykroyd
  • Sigourney Weaver
  • Ernie Hudson
  • Annie Potts
  • Ozzy Osbourne

Shaanyboi

Banned
Looks fine. Not great, but fine.

edit:

Upon a rewatch, they're leaning a bit too hard on gross-out/slapstick that the first movie barely touched on. Still, there's some stuff that I enjoyed in there too. I laughed at "GET OUT OF MY FRIEND, GHOST!"

Is it weird I got a reboot tmnt vibe from this? Something about the way it's shot

I'm also disappointed that they pretty much showed the entire McCarthy possession sequence

The ectoplasm in every crack line made me chuckle, but it feels like they're holding back on the comedy. Like everyone's being too cautious with the material. Looks great visually though, nice effects on the ghosts.

Cardon

I didn't chuckle or laugh during that trailer, but the movie looks okay. Decent visuals, cast seems to be having fun. Will scope it out I guess.

Seems like a sequel from that spray paint logo in the subway tunnel

Should have just done a sequel where Egon dies(yes it'd be in bad taste to use Harold Ramis's death) and have his daughter (Kate) form a team to find out how he died with help from the original ghostbusters throughout the film

The trailer was ok, slimer the god is back B^) and lots of possessions seem to be the focus

Watched it in mute and loved what I saw.

Looks a lot better than the publicity shots they've been releasing.

On board 100%.

WoolyNinja

Definitely a Paul Feig movie, not sure his humor will work for ghostbusters. Still interested in seeing how this turns out.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The tone feels waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off, could be a good film but that does not feel like Ghostbusters at all, not one bit.

There was absolutely nothing in that trailer leading me to believe this will be even slightly enjoyable. Also, McCarthy is the worst...just the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom