• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO reveals re-booted Ghostbusters set

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/05/ghostbusters-reboot-lego

The new set, which will be available on July 1, features the ECTO-1 car, the ECTO-2 bike, as well as five main minifigures: Abby Yates (Melissa McCarthy), Erin Gilbert (Kristen Wiig), Jillian Holtzmann (Kate McKinnon), Patty Tolan (Leslie Jones), and Kevin (Chris Hemsworth), who sports a two-sided head — one for his regular look and the other for his (Spoiler Alert!)
“possessed” look. Perhaps the possession is linked to the character behind the sixth minifigure, known only as a Daemon.

photo37.jpg

xTedbtg.jpg

GuvyzSc.jpg

oBu9cRc.jpg

oODeGTO.jpg

They struggle to capture Kristen Wiig's bangs in this.

Everyone else looks good.

Edit:
The possessed look might be a pretty big spoiler but I'm not sure. They seem to be ok with showing it here and I have no idea of its context.

Everything looks great except for that demon-thing. Not a fan of that.

split4.jpg

Edit:
The possessed look might be a pretty big spoiler but I'm not sure. They seem to be ok with showing it here and I have no idea of its context.

Can't be too big of a deal, or Lego wouldn't have even been allowed to release it this early. Marvel is making them hide MCU Spidey.

Platy

NOW it makes sense for them to have the same body type xD

And ...that is some interesting spoilers there,
maybe Thor is both Janine and Rippley
?

I think the possession is akin to what Gozer did to Louis and Dana in the first movie, and might just be a comedic moment or a minor spoiler. I doubt Chris is going to be the big villain of the film.

wasn't sure on the car in the first pic, but seeing it with all the minifigures sat inside makes like all the difference in the world to me.

need.

so its not actually an all girl cast, theres a dude and he just gets possessed? like idk shit about this movie besides that its a total reboot, not a sequel like i was hoping

Should've seen that spoiler coming the way Feig liked to
play around with the male leads in Spy. Definitely seems to be in line with his style.

I always take movie spoilers from Lego with a pinch of salt:

k2-_10620a31-d1cf-4409-9078-fbf24ba80eca.v1.jpg

There have been plenty of other times where they actually spoiled things though, like Toy Story 3 for example, and the fourth Civil War set they're actually keeping a secret and not releasing until mid-summer to prevent Spidey's new look from being revealed.

didn't someone on gaf make this? looks cool

Wetwired made the Ecto-1 from the original movie, this one is from the reboot.

This minifig collection is awesome. I love the hair and the details on the costumes. That 'kevin' is written on duct tape is a lovely touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom