• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostbusters reboot cast announced - McCarthy, Wiig, Jones, McKinnon

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Feig just tweeted this

https://twitter.com/paulfeig/status/560178147954421760

KIO8rEW.png

Kristen Wiig as Ray Stantz
Melissa McCarthy as Slimer
Kate McKinnon as Peter Venkman
Leslie Jones as Winston Zeddemore

in case you geniuses can't figure it out, they're not playing those roles.

edit:
confirmed

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
bleh, for a comedy they sure are not really hiring many funny people to do it.

All female ghostbusters is so fucking stupid. Do they not understand that the Ghostbusters were supposed to be essentially like pest control? How many hot women work in pest control or extermination or anything along those lines? This defeats the whole point of the original concept. If they want to have a female scientist leading the team or have some low class girl join the field team to make money fine but just recasting everyone to an all female team is fucking irritating.

Thanks for ruining my favorite franchise bill murray

I don't have a problem with any of them. What bums me out is that some point in the future, I'll talk to someone about Ghostbusters and they'll be referring to this reboot and not one of the greatest movies ever made.

Salsa

Pretty fantastic casting.

Ready to drink the straight male tears

the shitty internet thing about this now is how entitled people will feel whenever someone complains about the cast as if not liking it = hate female leads! as opposed to not particularly digging melissa mccarthy type humor of getting diarrhea in your pants or whatever

i'll wait and see, but so far I havent liked her work and she's been leading this whole ordeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom