• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostbusters (2016) Trailer #1 (Feig, Wiig, McCarthy, McKinnon, Jones)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henkka

Banned
International Trailer just hit

Not gonna lie, I'm dying at
Hemsworth looking like a complete shit with a way too big suit jacket

Real nice shot of the Times Square timey wimey stuff too. And ghost boobs..?

Sooo umm yeahh, this seems to confirm that Reddit post:

They bust their first ghost at a cheesy rock concert, a large green dragon the audience thinks is part of the band's act. Jones is chased by a possessed mannekin saying "This is more intense than an usher concert!" One of the concert goers has a selfie stick (please kill yourself now) and takes a picture of the dragon-ghost as it is perched on Leslie Jones shoulder in the crowd. They crowd surf at one point. They capture the ghost and become famous. They get their name from a new segment pegging them as the Ghostbusters (without referencing anything that happened in the past with the old ghostbusters)

The whole thing is here... https://www.reddit.com/r/ghostbuste...een_an_early_version_of_the_new_ghostbusters/ Spoilers, I guess?

BTails

Really not feeling this, including the new international trailer (crowd doesn't catch a crowd surfer joke AGAIN?).

This is coming from someone who thinks McKinnon and Jones are the two funniest cast members on SNL by a long shot.

DeathyBoy

Banned

The whole thing is here... https://www.reddit.com/r/ghostbuste...een_an_early_version_of_the_new_ghostbusters/ Spoilers, I guess?

To be fair, if you wrote out 'they wander around a library for a while, some shelves fall over, Venkman touches some slime, they see the back of a librarian ghost. They annoy the ghost until she screams at them and they all flee' before the first Ghostbusters came out, it'd sound like a horrible film too.

And yet that scene is perfect in the actual film.

Also worth noting people throw in tons of bias into these kinds of summaries. They're not telling you what happened, they're telling you their opinion on what happened while summarising it - hence the use of 'cheesy', which tricks people reading into viewing it in a specific way.

Rootbeer

Banned
Wow did they seriously do the whole jump-into-a-mosh-pit-and-nobody-catches you joke we've seen done countless times in comedy films? Okay...

I don't want to be a hater, but if I were a screenwriter that's the last thing I'd include in my comedy film.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Yeeeeesh, that crowd surfing fall gag. Like, wow. I'm reeeeeeally hoping they're saving the good stuff for the movie. I guess we're just going to have to accept that this is going to be a completely new take on the humor and style of the Ghostbusters. I was hoping they'd keep the humor somewhat similar, but I guess that doesn't sell anymore.

Side note, the animated Ghostubsters movies found it's director

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ghostbusters-animated-movie-snares-clash-862537

Sony Pictures’ Ghostbusters empire continues to expand.

Not content with its upcoming all-female revival, the studio had been quietly developing a Ghostbusters animated movie via its arm Sony Pictures Animation and that project has taken one step closer to reality.

Fletcher Moules, the rising animator and helmer behind the hugely popular animated Clash of Clans commercial spots, has signed on to direct the movie.

Ivan Reitman, co-creator of Ghostbusters and one of the stewards of the franchise, would act as one of the producers.

Cutting a trailer for a comedy movie must be pretty hard. Jokes out of context are often not funny. Contrary to that cool looking action scenes are still cool even out of context.
These "jokes" are still pretty cliche and awful tho.

Soltype

She also sees a graffiti artist spray paint the white ghost from the logo in the subway as shes telling him to stop he puts the red circle and line through the ghost.
BqMIJUVmeUcxO.gif

This leak is insane if true.

I think there might be some confusion here. I understand all of this. I know it's a reboot, I know why it's reboot. I just think some people might not catch that in this trailer and I'm sure it will work out fine when the movie's released. I'm curious if the cameos show up in trailers and if so how they frame them.

Also, someone from this thread has seen fit to follow me over to twitter to lob pop-pops at my ankles.

Glad to have disappointed you, kiddo.

Lol not me. My rarely look at Twitter let alone post there.

I think there might be some confusion here. I understand all of this. I know it's a reboot, I know why it's reboot. I just think some people might not catch that in this trailer and I'm sure it will work out fine when the movie's released. I'm curious if the cameos show up in trailers and if so how they frame them.

Ah, my apologies then. Yes, I could see there being some confusion, but the completely lack of originals in the trailer and their likely different cameos in the film should be fine.

It's like Stan Lee in every Marvel movie.

Ah, my apologies then. Yes, I could see there being some confusion, but the completely lack of originals in the trailer and their likely different cameos in the film should be fine.

It's like Stan Lee in every Marvel movie.

Ernie, Dan, or Sigourney should be mayor. Bill can be the man with no dick.

Maximo

Also I love playing the *spot sony's marketing* in their movies, literally Sony Xperias in peoples faces, huge billboards for Blu-Ray, and if the leaks are correct one of the characters mentioning 'Usher'

Kinyou

Also I love playing the *spot sony's marketing* in their movies, literally Sony Xperias in peoples faces, huge billboards for Blu-Ray, and if the leaks are correct one of the characters mentioning 'Usher'
The blu ray billboards are really one step too blatant.

Jones herself says it's Patty.

Also Jones is considering getting rid of her Twitter over the commentary over her role in Ghostbusters. She also apparently brought up a letter she received from an MTA employee who thanked her for defending the role. That letter is from comedian Joanna Briley, who also works as an MTA employee.

That international trailer does seemingly confirm the leaked synopsis of the plot, by the by.

Getting off Twitter is a good idea in general but I hate to see someone driven out like that.

Goodstyle

Crowd surfing at a rock concert, green dragon ghost.

Knew the leak was real because of the crowd surfing bit. Leslie Jones talked about it in her NYT interview, and along with the Sigourney Weaver bit (and the fact that all of the other details were accurate), it clinched it for me. In the trailer during the bear trap bit you can just barely see her.

Mesoian

Ok, that's ridiculous. Especially when considering the guy watched it sporadically, while at work, and unfocused.

Back stories are great and the villain sounds like a lot of fun (mainly because I'm familiar with the actor).

I mean...this is damning.

I was really hoping it would just be bad trailer good movie.

I'm not out yet but...readingbrucewayne.gif

Dr Prob

Banned
The old outline leaks, trailers, and that reddit post all seem to match up, so it looks like that's the movie. Hopefully the final product is more entertaining than it reads, but it's not looking great.

Savitar

I wasn't blown away by the proton packs as they were but I wanted the movie to be good since hey, busting makes me feel good. But this appears to be more bust than bustin.

Feig coming across as rather childish and annoyed that people don't like his movie, throwing his cast under the bus, the general reception has been bad but not because of the cast but because of the movie.

Sony and Feig seem to be on some sort of mission to make this about sexism when in reality people just think the movie is bad.

Feig just seems like he has some axe to grind for some reason and if it's because people don't like the movie he is putting out then maybe a little self reflection and improvement is a better way to react.

Sure the internet is full of trolls and "haters" but let's not pretend it's the overwhelming majority here, the overwhelming majority dislike the movie because it looks like trash.

He's talking about the people coming after him and the cast on twitter.

Feig coming across as rather childish and annoyed that people don't like his movie, throwing his cast under the bus, the general reception has been bad but not because of the cast but because of the movie.

Sony and Feig seem to be on some sort of mission to make this about sexism when in reality people just think the movie is bad.

Feig just seems like he has some axe to grind for some reason and if it's because people don't like the movie he is putting out then maybe a little self reflection and improvement is a better way to react.

Sure the internet is full of trolls and "haters" but let's not pretend it's the overwhelming majority here, the overwhelming majority dislike the movie because it looks like trash.

He's literally talking about people coming after his cast members on Twitter.

Which sort of flips the whole "mission" thing around.

Also, Twitter is the worst place to communicate with fans, it is an open platform with millions hiding behind anonymity who have 140 characters to basically just shout hatred/joy at each other, I wonder why celebrities even bother with it as it's just asking for idiots to come and insult you and giving them a platform.

Still I think celebrities for the most part actually can't resist it because their egos and need to be loved won't allow them to walk away from the sort of thing Twitter provides them.

It's obvious he's talking about harassment dude.

I thought he was responding to people saying they didn't like the cast? I mean, I don't think it warrants the kind of response he has given and surely he should be more professional about it? Why lower yourself to trolls levels?

Uh, he literally clarified that it was about people flooding McCarthy and Jones' tl's, and the entire context is rooted in the fact that Jones was leaving Twitter over the situation. Can you elaborate upon which tweet you're claiming fits your interpretation?

To be fair though it certainly does seem to be the case with Sony, part of me believes they know the movie is going to tank so they almost want it to seem like people only dislike the movie due to the fact it has four femles as leads.

The overwhelming majority of criticism I have read seems to come from the fact that the movie just doesn't look very good and the racial stereotyping that seems to be present, both very valid concerns.

There was a hate campaign for this movie when the information was that the cast was all-women.

Also, I find it so ridiculous that you actually restated what someone in one of those tweets said about throwing the cast under the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom