• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Ghostbusters' reboot starts filming in Boston this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the Egon do'

Funny thing is that it looks nothing like him:

Egon_GB1.jpg

But it looks kinda like his cartoon counterpart:

egon-ghostbusters-cartoon-i6.jpg

Though in the movies, he did have a David Lynch Eraserhead thing going on.

I do like the hairdo though.

Hex

Banned
Every picture I see of them looks like they hate being there.
Come on, they should be having a blast.

KalBalboa

Banned
Every picture I see of them looks like they hate being there.
Come on, they should be having a blast.

They absolutely were. McCarthy waved towards me and my buddy before they did a scene in the Ecto. She was pretty pumped.

Kate was doing stretches and burning rubber into the Ecto. Got some great video and photos.

19567876465_8a87783d36_z.jpg

18946963593_475bff6ecc_z.jpg

Nothing but good signs so far to me.

This is making me regret not going to see Ghostbusters in theaters last year when they re-released it around Halloween.

KalBalboa

Banned
One more I took.

19541848336_9573dfd1e7_z.jpg

The selfie with the Ecto sort of made my week. I've got some great video of the car (all the GBs inside) bursting out onto the streets too, but I probably shouldn't be sharing it.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Did the car actually blare the siren or is that going to be added in post? If you heard it, what did it sound like? The 84 siren or was it all new?

KalBalboa

Banned
The blonde just screams douche to me for some reason.

Look up Kate McKinnon. She's pretty damn funny.

Wow Kal, you got some good pics! Are you gonna keep visiting as long as they're filming nearby?

Not every day, but I'll try and stop by a few times. I might have a role as an extra at some point, too. I have some great video but I might wait a bit before posting it. The Ecto emerging onto the streets and burning out, etc.

Hex

Banned
They absolutely were. McCarthy waved towards me and my buddy before they did a scene in the Ecto. She was pretty pumped.

Kate was doing stretches and burning rubber into the Ecto. Got some great video and photos.

That is cool then, just the pic choices then

Edit: Not sure how I feel getting saying Egon is getting me aroused a bit...

Look up Kate McKinnon. She's pretty damn funny.

Not every day, but I'll try and stop by a few times. I might have a role as an extra at some point, too. I have some great video but I might wait a bit before posting it. The Ecto emerging onto the streets and burning out, etc.

Hellaaa~ I'm in favor of you posting a few things every day and spreading out all the neat pics & vids you got. And will be getting.

And omg, if you 're gonna be an extra...? Fuckin' a. You gotta tell them how excited I/we are and pass on the positive thoughts, especially since so many people are giving them crap. I'm sure it'd mean a lot to them. I mean, if you get a chance.

KalBalboa

Banned
Hellaaa~ I'm in favor of you posting a few things every day and spreading out all the neat pics & vids you got. And will be getting.

And omg, if you 're gonna be an extra...? Fuckin' a. You gotta tell them how excited I/we are and pass on the positive thoughts, especially since so many people are giving them crap. I'm sure it'd mean a lot to them. I mean, if you get a chance.

Definitely. At that point I might have to curb my photos though. Don't want to break the rules.

Great photos man, a real GAF exclusive look. I wonder what's on Kate McKinnon's arm? She seems to have some glowing blue box on it.

So far I am kind of liking what I see.

KalBalboa

Banned
Great photos man, a real GAF exclusive look. I wonder what's on Kate McKinnon's arm? She seems to have some glowing blue box on it.

So far I am kind of liking what I see.

Seeing them all in the Ecto and watching them grinning from ear to ear really gave me butterflies. They seem to really want to nail this.

zychi

Banned
So what you're saying is that you didn't hate TMNT, a movie primarily starring guys, but you do hate this Ghostbusters, a movie primarily starring girls?

hmmmmmmm

Homophobic joke? Calling me gay? Not sure what you're trying to do with that post.

I'm saying the TMNT remake ended up better than I thought, but was still terrible. You can't cgi Bill Murray into Ghostbusters and cover up the shit dialogue with a random mountain fight thats 3 miles south of New York.

Ghostbusters of Southern California is at SDCC and posted more pics of the pack.

https://www.facebook.com/GBofSC/posts/943237912385916

11693819_943237315719309_3732668581713078837_n.jpg

I wasn't sold on it when I first saw it but man it is growing on me. It looks like most of it can be built with off the shelf pipes and connectors like they were trying to do it on the cheap.

Love the design of the particle thrower.

The pic of the Ecto 1 on the street is making me so excited. I hope this film is good.

tci

They look great. I expect it will look even better with lightning changes in post.

As far as comedy goes, I reserve my excitement since Hollywood seems to ruin most comedies with stereotypes and forced dialog with bad timing.

And since I have stopped watching trailers, I will probably see it only if I hear it is good, or when it arrives on BD/streaming.

Homophobic joke? Calling me gay? Not sure what you're trying to do with that post.

I'm saying the TMNT remake ended up better than I thought, but was still terrible. You can't cgi Bill Murray into Ghostbusters and cover up the shit dialogue with a random mountain fight thats 3 miles south of New York.

I was half-heartedly suggesting that your (relative) bias towards TMNT over Ghostbusters could be due to a dislike of an all-female cast.

zychi

Banned
I was half-heartedly suggesting that your (relative) bias towards TMNT over Ghostbusters could be due to a dislike of an all-female cast.

No, my dislike for Ghostbusters being remade is that it's no longer with the original cast, nor filmed in NY, or at least a fake NY set. I like McCarthy, not a fan of the other 3.

e: like i said in my original post, if this was a comedy not named Ghostbusters, but had similar elements, i'd be cool with it. But they called it Ghostbusters, so no sale.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
what are you basing the "gender swap" on?

Based on the fact that these are females and they convey the same look as the 1984 characters.

Left to right: female Stanz, female Zeddmore, female Venkman, female Spengler.

Hell, they even have a male Janine Melnitz. Only hotter.

For clarity; I have no problem with an all-female Ghostbuster-team. I have a problem with the lack of creativity put into the characters. Maybe the actual movie will proof me wrong, but so far, it's looking like the writers didn't set out to write an all-female Ghostbusters movie, but a Ghostbusters-remake with women instead.

Based on the fact that these are females and they convey the same look as the 1984 characters.

For clarity; I have no problem with an all-female Ghostbuster-team. I have a problem with the lack of creativity put into the characters. Maybe the actual movie will proof me wrong, but so far, it's looking like the writers didn't set out to write an all-female Ghostbusters movie, but a Ghostbusters-remake with women instead.

You're basing these assumptions off their looks. "Oh, there's a black one. Therefore she's going to be like Winston. Oh, there's one with weird hair. She's going to be the Egon of the group." Your assumptions are just as lazy as you perceive this "gender swap" to be. Unless you've read the script, you know nothing of the characterizations or personalities at this point. Hell, you literally know nothing about Chris Hemsworth's character except that he's male, but obviously that makes him "a male Janine," regardless of what personality differences there may be in the actual film.

You just assume Feig is going to rehash the same characters based off nothing and use this "fact" to declare it a brainless gender swap even when Feig is likely the type of director who'd be more interested in putting his own unique characters on screen and not just rehashing carbon copies of the originals.

You haven't heard a single line of dialogue from any of these women, but you're just opposed to "the lack of creativity put into the characters." Come on, now.

Shaanyboi

Banned

What makes the woman on the right the "female Spengler"? The idea that her haircut looks vaguely like the cartoon version of Egon? Because I see her and think she looks like way more of a hardass than Harold Ramis ever tried to portray Egon as. And I'm not even going to touch the "Oh that's the black one" thing.

What makes the woman on the right the "female Spengler"? The idea that her haircut looks vaguely like the cartoon version of Egon? Because I see her and think she looks like way more of a hardass than Harold Ramis ever tried to portray Egon as. And I'm not even going to touch the "Oh that's the black one" thing.

Seriously. While she's definitely the smart one, my first impression of her was that she was going to play kind of a jerk, or someone very egotistical, neither of which speaks to Egon's character at all. Apparently though, having "the smart one" is ripping off Ghostbusters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom