• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (G-Tekketsu) |OT| The Iron Flower We Saw That Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scirrocco

Very cool. Artwork looks a lot better then the usual stuff too. And i was just thinking, after binging on Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn, how cool it would be if they ever incorporated more then the earth, moon, and colonies into a Gundam series, so a visit to mars should be refreshing.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
From the trailer, it seems that the mecha's are handrawn right?

I saw a trailer from Code Geass Akito the other day and my god was the cg jarring.

Tuck

Hmm.. yes ok I'll give this a shot. Why not. Been a while since I watched a mecha nime, and even longer since I've seen a gundam one.

Seems very Code Geass wise as far as the art and animation goes. Will give it a watch and it's nice that it's running 50 episodes.

What do I gotta do to get a princess who pilots one of them in a desperate struggle to keep her home colony afloat, defending it from invaders with her rough yet loyal ragtag group of badasses?

Cagalli in Gundam Seed was like that. But she was barely above grunt fodder tier and kept getting beaten to make room for Kira to steal the limelight.

From what they've shown of the cast so far I wouldn't expect to see any cool female pilots. It's not like they've revealed every single character that will appear in the show but going by precedent it's not something I would expect to see.

Toxi

Banned
What do I gotta do to get a princess who pilots one of them in a desperate struggle to keep her home colony afloat, defending it from invaders with her rough yet loyal ragtag group of badasses?
You will watch the princess organize a choir of bored 9-year olds to sing a hilariously awful song about peace and you will like it.

yami4ct

You'd need a writer that actually knows how to make compelling female characters. Gundam hasn't really had that, at least for a long while.

Jarmel

Banned
It's clear from the motto, "The sustenance of life, is on the battlefield", the show in the early parts is going to be about the glorifying of war. I expect these child soldiers will have their own culture similar to combat oriented societies that praise death in combat and all that jazz. Knowing Okada I think this is going to be a very different type of Gundam early on, in that it's going to be closer to an actual battlefield in terms of tone.

Jarmel

Banned
You're not getting the authentic Okada experience if you watch an adaptation.

Adaptation:
dog-drinking-water.jpg

Original:

Giolon

This reminds me that I need to watch G-Reco.

I can't recommend this show to anybody, unless you just have to experience a train wreck for yourself.

I will say, that show sure is nice to look at, even with its sub-par animation.

Leunam

I really like the new mobile suit designs. Still working my way through Build Fighters, but I'll watch this after.

Shun

The fact that it is back on TBS airing block means that Bannam is at least confident that this will be a commercial success. Especially after AGE. Hopefully.

Calling that Augus is Sestina/Heero 2.0 and will have some Gundam is a messiah scene.

Also ignore the people who hate G Reco, it's a good Gundam. It's visually pleasing and it makes you think. Bow down before Tomino you plebeians.

The fact that it is back on TBS airing block means that Bannam is at least confident that this will be a commercial success. Especially after AGE. Hopefully.

Calling that Augus is Sestina/Heero 2.0 and will have some Gundam is a messiah scene.

Also ignore the people who hate G Reco, it's a good Gundam. It's visually pleasing and it makes you think. Bow down before Tomino you plebeians.
Is G Reco anything like Turn A or Victory mind you Victory is one of my favorites.

Shun

Is G Reco anything like Turn A or Victory mind you Victory is one of my favorites.

I think you will enjoy it . Just give it a try. It is funny and it is visually appealing.

It also has a pretty rich and dense world but you need to really pay attention to it to get the most of it.

The disputes and the whole resource control aspect and how it connects to UC is pretty cool and G Self is one of the coolest suits in Gundam period.

Based on your taste I think you might like Mask the most as chara.

I think you will enjoy it . Just give it a try. It is funny and it is visually appealing.

It also has a pretty rich and dense world but you need to really pay attention to it to get the most of it.

The disputes and the whole resource control aspect and how it connects to UC is pretty cool and G Self is one of the coolest suits in Gundam period.

Based on your taste I think you might like Mask the most as chara.
I thought it wasn't a UC show. I'll give it a try. Still need to watch Build Fighters try and AGE.

Shun

I thought it wasn't a UC show. I'll give it a try. Still need to watch Build Fighters try and AGE.

It's not UC, it's the Century after UC.

Even though it's not UC it heavily references UC much like Turn A. The only issue is that it is super condensed into 26 episodes.

There's a lot to the series, definitely give it a try.

It's not UC, it's the Century after UC.

Even though it's not UC it heavily references UC much like Turn A. The only issue is that it is super condensed into 26 episodes.

There's a lot to the series, definitely give it a try.
Do renamed Zakus pop up like Turn A?

Shun

Do renamed Zakus pop up like Turn A?

In like the first 2-3 episodes you'll see UC units and they'll talk about Minovsky Particles and stuff how UC has failed them and new type shit.

And they'll tease you by abruptly talking about something else and wondering how the UC terms and history ties in. It eventually gets talked about later and in a bit more detail.

The cuts and directing style makes it enjoyable too.

Getting some Gundam 00 vibes from this one. Maybe this is one of the good ones?

Still waiting for that cosmic era closure...

Shenmue

Banned
I can almost guarantee that the next series will be Tomino's apology for Victory and Reconguista.
It will be the worst thing ever.

Hey Tomino is responsible for all three of those, Crossbone, Hathaway's Flash, and Beltorchika's Children. So as long as his apology comes in the form of animating either of those 3 I'll take it!

With all the model kits coming out now for Xbone, Hathaway's Flash and the Manga releasing for BC (and also both the Hi-Nu and Nightingale getting official model kit releases), I gotta think at least one of these three is in consideration! COME ON PLEASEEEEE! I mean why make HGUC X-1s and crap if you aren't going to actually animate the series so people can be introduced to it?!?!

Shun

We will have a timeskip after episode 25 and we'll see Biscuit aka Hayato Kobayashi 2.0 be the most successful character with a wife and children. After an initial war with Mars there will be treaty.

We'll see a second generation of characters and protagonist and deuteragonist will be in a coma.

Second war then closure with Earth and Mars terraformed and peace treaty from episode 26 to 50.

Aizo

Banned
I'm prepared for Okada to disappoint. Coming in with pretty low expectations, but it can't be the worst Gundam series I've seen.... can it?

We will have a timeskip after episode 25 and we'll see Biscuit aka Hayato Kobayashi 2.0 be the most successful character with a wife and children. After an initial war with Mars there will be treaty.
Also, he will be replaced with his brother, Baguette Griffon, who is exactly the same.

We'll see a second generation of characters and protagonist and deuteragonist will be in a coma.

Second war then closure with Earth and Mars terraformed and peace treaty from episode 26 to 50.

Oh man I hope there isn't a time skip in this Gundam. It hurt 00 and ruined AGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom