• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wii exclusive: Indianapolis 500 Legends ( Racer )

Looks like ass, really. But I wouldn't mind a racer like that on Wii, so hopefully it'll turn out half decent. Surprised it's getting so much coverage at IGN...

It looks like it'd be a passable DC effort, hopefully thats just because its early.

I don't care what anyone says racing games need to be pretty.

underfooter said:
It looks like it'd be a passable DC effort, hopefully thats just because its early.

Honestly I don't care what they look like when I'm playing them. They need to look good to get my attention in the first place though(see: Dirt)

sphinx

the piano man
underfooter said:
It looks like it'd be a passable DC effort.

:lol :lol

how can these guys present their game so proud and have it look like that? that seemed like a tech demo made in 1 week to have something to show..

:'(, I want Wii games to look "o.k". Is that too much to ask?

Bildi

underfooter said:
Agreed. This was hammered home last night when I downloaded the Forza 2 demo and was greeted by major underwhelmaton in the graphics department. I was prepared it might not look great, but to be honest I was still blown away at how insanely bland it was. Loaded up the DiRT demo and the difference is astounding (framerate differences aside which I actually don't care about). The difference is more about art and decorators than anything else.

Sorry for the slight derail - I've wanted to get that off my chest all day but didn't want to go into the Forza 2 thread and ruin the fun by stating what they all know already anyway.

This game looks incredibly bland both visually and gameplay wise.

Techincally speaking it may be clean but there are low-rex textures, a lack of shaders, low polygon models, crappy particle effects and poor lighting, plus the game appears to be pretty slow.

I didn't get excited one bit watching that video. Sure, the tilting controls may be fun, but I don't think they could do much to improve the apparent lameness of this title.

Screams tech demo. They may want to make the game as authetic as possible, but maybe they should focus on the important things first.

Alkaliine said:
This game looks incredibly bland both visually and gameplay wise.

Techincally speaking it may be clean but there are low-rex textures, a lack of shaders, low polygon models, crappy particle effects and poor lighting, plus the game appears to be pretty slow.

I didn't get excited one bit watching that video. Sure, the tilting controls may be fun, but I don't think they could do much to improve the apparent lameness of this title.

Screams tech demo. They may want to make the game as authetic as possible, but maybe they should focus on the important things first.

Or in brief, sub Xbox quality.

C.T.

from their site, games section "Jackie Chan has been approved by Nintendo on its first pass! " (isn't the only game...)

:D

maxmars

I could forgive graphics in a racer if they aimed for hi fidelity of the physics, but if it's a generic racer, then Cars is more appealing than this and is available now. (Cars is a decent game, by the way)

Solomon87

Banned
Jesus, can you retards troll any harder? In the video bozon said this game is only about 50 percent done, which means that it still has a long ways to go. Get over yourselves already, there were a few racing scenes that actually looked really good, so consider my interest peaked to see if they can tweak the graphics and gameplay.

Top Bottom