• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Samyy

Since he was so hard bent on corsi and being so damn wrong that he has to grasp at some straws

Wrong? The team plays like shit, exactly how he described. The only thing he hadn't factored in, and no one else did, was how explosive Kessel and JVR would be this season.
Them and Bernier are the only reason why win games, everyone else is just along for the ride.

Solo

Gotta suck being called out by someone as soff as Karlsson. Come to Montreal, Spezza. Our Norris winner will respect you and makes an excellent manservant.

zroid

Banned
James Mirtle spinning McLaren's demotion into a bad move.

wha? he wrote this on the subject:

Overall, this is a positive move for a team that needs to start getting more out of its depth lines. Toronto has dressed likely the weakest fourth unit in the NHL this season and played them less than all but one other team, something that has only contributed to their defensive issues.

Cake Boss

Banned
I can see it now: Spezza finishes packing his things in the locker room after being traded, Karlsson walks up to him, takes his jersey and rips the C off and throws the jersey on the ground. The jersey explodes, Karlsson walks away wearing sunglasses.

Yeaaaaaaaaaah

f
k-medium.gif

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I'm surprised there haven't been more buzz around where Vanek will end up. By far the best goal scorer available.

Seems the Kings and Penguins are the most likely suitors.

Of course, I want only to send him or MacDonald to teams that have young goalies to offer. Ducks-Gaf, lets do this already.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Wrong? The team plays like shit, exactly how he described. The only thing he hadn't factored in, and no one else did, was how explosive Kessel and JVR would be this season.
Them and Bernier are the only reason why win games, everyone else is just along for the ride.

Leafs problems are solely in the defensive zone mixed with some issues with line 3 and 4

Mirtle is so far off the mark and you should feel bad for agreeing with him. Sarah Palin of hockey right there

yyzjohn

Banned
James Mirtle spinning McLaren's demotion into a bad move.

Arguing about who between the two slugs is better, Orr or McLaren isn't exactly debating Gretzky vs. Lemieux, but Mirtle makes some valid points that Orr should have been the one let go. He also has a slightly higher cap hit and is older than McLaren, so it would have made more sense to punt Orr out but whatever, they both stink.

Oh, Datsyuk is out for next game and Weiss had a setback, but Cleary somehow has a knee injury and is out a week, but he hasn't played a game in like a month....

Next game will be interesting...

calder

Detroit kicking the tires in Byfuglien?

Not saying no per-se, but have you guys seems Toby Enstrom? Now there's a defenseman!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers Report ‏@rangersreport 1h
Ten years ago today: Glen Sather traded Brian Leetch, on his birthday, to Toronto.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Nick Kypreos @RealKyper
Many believe Kesler has told #Canucks he has no desire to remain in Canada if they facilitate #NHL trade. He remains in control with his NTC

So I guess that rules out any trade involving Kesler going to the Leafs.

Actually I read somewhere that he's sick and tired of buying milk in bags and constantly hitting moose when he's driving

"There's just some asshole who shows up as 'Tabris' on my caller ID constantly leaving me messages saying to tell the twins that he's sorry if his love offended them and he wishes they would stop dating assholes and get with a nice guy like him"

Silexx

And now a reality check for Cake Boss in a language he can actually understand :

@LavoieRenaud: On évalue les chances que Jason Spezza soit échangé d'ici la date limite des transaction à 1%. Faudrait une offre incroyable #tvasports

pringles

Oh, Datsyuk is out for next game and Weiss had a setback, but Cleary somehow has a knee injury and is out a week, but he hasn't played a game in like a month....

Next game will be interesting...
Getting pretty sick of Weiss. What are the chances he's even useful if he returns this season? Bleh. And no Datsyuk is expected but still fucking sucks. Maybe we actually have to look at Kesler...
Detroit kicking the tires in Byfuglien?

Not saying no per-se, but have you guys seems Toby Enstrom? Now there's a defenseman!
I have no interest in Buff but I would do terrible things to acquire Enstrom. Is he available? I know he's having a bad season but I thought he was untouchable.

fallout

I have no interest in Buff but I would do terrible things to acquire Enstrom. Is he available? I know he's having a bad season but I thought he was untouchable.
I'm actually a bit surprised that calder would throw Tobi up like that so readily. Even when he's playing poorly, I still consider him to be one of the Jets' more reliable defensemen.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Give Karlsson & Subban the C's and well have the best rivalry for the next decade.

Though in seriousness, McLaren and Orr were effective last season, the team was generally tougher and harder to play against. Not saying they were the sole reason but we definitely had a higher inclination to fight and be tough last year. That loss has hurt the team somewhat I think.
You don't actually believe this Samyy do you? I expect more from you son.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Budaj in AGAIN tonight......stupid sexy Budaj

BZuQy47CUAANNhh.jpg:large

If the Habs brass could give us an update on Price's status, that would be just dandy.

calder

I'm actually a bit surprised that calder would throw Tobi up like that so readily. Even when he's playing poorly, I still consider him to be one of the Jets' more reliable defensemen.
Yeah I'm not rational about Enstrom really. We probably can't trade a left shooting D at all, but his contract extension seemed steep to me, paying for his inevitable offensive decline. I focus too much in Toby's offense (declining) and not enough on the decent D he plays for a guy his size. And his injuries last year made me perhaps unfairly think of him as often injured, but he's been fine this year.

But mainly I just like Buff more. ;)

Top Bottom