• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Tonight I'm rooting for an injury free night! Tall order against the Queens, I know.

Expect Classic Dustin Brown.

The other day I was at a baseball game and apparently a couple of my friends are Kings fans. I was surprised because we're all Angels fans, why root for LA. Almost wanted to punch them because they like Dustin Brown and how he plays dirty. Anything to win. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised. They're Raider fans

Fuck Dustin Brown

Acid08

Banned
Expect Classic Dustin Brown.

The other day I was at a baseball game and apparently a couple of my friends are Kings fans. I was surprised because we're all Angels fans, why root for LA. Almost wanted to punch them because they like Dustin Brown and how he plays dirty. Anything to win. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised. They're Raider fans

Fuck Dustin Brown
Sounds like a typical LA fan. Doesn't care about the game, just wants to see bad shit happen.

Cake Boss

Banned
Wayne Scanlan ‏@HockeyScanner 21m
Bobby Ryan says he will consider doing a long term with the Senators. "They're a first class organization, treat you like family."

BABBY!

tumblr_mvq3jkUMxw1sl77d8o1_500.gif

I actually had an opportunity to tell a local Sharks fan that he's a real piece of shit a day after our game against SJ.

"McGinn had the best hit in the game" with the biggest shit eating grin on.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ryan McDonagh is not skating at practice as expected. Ranger lines are the same as they were against Vancouver.

D pairings are:

J.Moore-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
Diaz-Klein

Not...what I was expecting for a top pairing.

Acid08

Banned
He was salty as hell about Varlamov and I told him I didn't see the game to which he started smiling and said what he said. He's made some pretty stupid statements about player injuries in the few times we've talked.
Oh I thought you said that re: McGinn's hit on Sheppard. Yeah, that guy sounds like an asshole. Anyone who relishes in injuries sucks. He should know how terrible knee injuries can be after what happened to Hertl.

kingslunk

Dallas is only 3 less in ROW than Chicago (1 less game played and LA (2 less games played).

If the Stars make the playoffs I think we are going to be tougher to beat than people think.

Sanjuro

Dallas is only 3 less in ROW than Chicago (1 less game played and LA (2 less games played).

If the Stars make the playoffs I think we are going to be tougher to beat than people think.

Much like Toronto Detroit, they are built to play spoiler. Both teams have the skaters in front of them to keep pace.

Holiday

Banned
Steen is day-to-day and out tonight, so Jaskin gets to play. Hopefully he gets decent minutes, he's too pretty to ride the bench.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Dallas plays a wide open game though, it really depends on how well Lehtonen plays imo.

Stasis

Ryan McDonagh is not skating at practice as expected. Ranger lines are the same as they were against Vancouver.

D pairings are:

J.Moore-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
Diaz-Klein

Not...what I was expecting for a top pairing.

Eh... I guess coach knows best but I would have thought something like:

Staal - Girardi
Moore - Klein/Stralman
Diaz - Klein/Stralman

Though I suppose this structure allows for a stay at home guy and a more mobile offense-possible guy per pairing. It'll prolly be adjusted throughout games.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
McDonagh is officially "day to day," per AV.

Had some pretty harsh words for J.T. Miller, too, who was just sent back down to Hartford again, saying he needs to "figure it out" both on and off the ice if he doesn't want to be a career minor leaguer.

Canucks-Gaf, care to comment?

Cody Hodgson Struggles in Buffalo

A friend (of this forum) sent me this. He's of the opinion that this is pretty strong evidence that Gillis did the right thing moving Hodgson out. I think it's making a mountain out of a molehill.

Hard to say since Buffalo is a rebuilding team. Will need a competitive team and line to fully evaluate his upside.

I have liked Kassian at times though he has problems with consistency and maturity. Hopefully the new coach will help. I don't think Torts' style is conducive to his development.

Most people harp the Department of Player Safety for not being consistent, but that's not true at all, as they consistently suck. What more could you ask for?

Socreges

Banned
Canucks-Gaf, care to comment?

Cody Hodgson Struggles in Buffalo

A friend (of this forum) sent me this. He's of the opinion that this is pretty strong evidence that Gillis did the right thing moving Hodgson out. I think it's making a mountain out of a molehill.
Your friend is silly. The problem with Hodgson being moved was the timing (he could have been more valuable than Kassian during that playoff run) and the return. Kassian could end up being the better player, but given the risk (Hodgson had played much more in the NHL and looked legit, contrary to Kassian at that point) Gillis should have gotten more in the return package. Always sounded like it was a quick, emotional trade.

Socreges

Banned
Holy shit there are FOUR teams that could end up passing the Canucks in the next three nights if all goes well. Canucks would move up to 6th!

fallout

I'd love to see what the impact would be having a non ex-player dish out punishment. Just 3 games for that hit is laughable.
Shanahan was giving out lengthier bans when he first started, then it fell off. I can only imagine that there was backlash from GMs and the PA. It's on the NHL to do something about the situation and make it consistent, not Shanahan.

Socreges

Banned
Shanahan was giving out lengthier bans when he first started, then it fell off. I can only imagine that there was backlash from GMs and the PA. It's on the NHL to do something about the situation and make it consistent, not Shanahan.
Bingo. They cut off his balls.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Only 3 games is a joke, but not surprising. I feel like Shanahan has been chicken shit in regards to a lot of possible suspensions, but to his credit it feels like headshots are down a noticeable amount this year. I should look for some kind of official stat on that, but it doesn't seem as prevalent as in past years.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I just checked and we're on pace for the same amount of illegal checks to the head as in the 2011-2012 season.

ShaneB

Well yeah, that's exactly it. Get that outside source, someone who isn't afraid to piss people off by handing out big time punishment.

Sanjuro

Well yeah, that's exactly it. Get that outside source, someone who isn't afraid to piss people off by handing out big time punishment.

I kind of like what baseball did with the steroid suspensions. While that isn't an issue with professional hockey, it could be used to implement harsher penalties. The big one? Postseason suspensions. It would likely have to be for repeat offenders of course or cases of blatant disrespect for fellow competitors.

Top Bottom