• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Cu

Socreges

Banned
Stop making me hope, Socs. My black shriveled up heart can't take it.
a_560x375.jpg

ShaneB

I kind of like what baseball did with the steroid suspensions. While that isn't an issue with professional hockey, it could be used to implement harsher penalties. The big one? Postseason suspensions. It would likely have to be for repeat offenders of course or cases of blatant disrespect for fellow competitors.

Well I've always figured if intent is clear to injure, just have it be standard to suspend the guy for as long as the other guy is injured. If for example Kostka is out for the season, so should Murray, etc. It's extreme and every player will always say there's no intent, but it's better then trying to decide what equals what in terms of suspension length.

I actually had an opportunity to tell a local Sharks fan that he's a real piece of shit a day after our game against SJ.

"McGinn had the best hit in the game" with the biggest shit eating grin on.

HEY YEAH WOW GOOD GUY 19 & 21 ALRIGHT YOU'RE A REAL-

He was salty as hell about Varlamov and I told him I didn't see the game to which he started smiling and said what he said. He's made some pretty stupid statements about player injuries in the few times we've talked.

Oh... Carry on!

Sanjuro

Well I've always figured if intent is clear to injure, just have it be standard to suspend the guy for as long as the other guy is injured. If for example Kostka is out for the season, so should Murray, etc. It's extreme and every player will always say there's no intent, but it's better then trying to decide what equals what in terms of suspension length.

I'm not a fan of the eye for an eye type stuff. You get into a very big grey area. The incident shouldn't be evaluated based on the outcome.

My playoff scenario works in a few different ways though. "Hey, this is your second offense. You're done for 10 regular season games and you forfeited your opportunity to play in the first round/playoff shares."

Something of that nature.

Roy on Bordeleau: "I think he deserves more ice time"

Bordeleau is Roy's Hunwick confirmed. At least it's not Guenin I guess...

So annoying, the guy has ZERO offensive talent, I think most of his goals were just pucks that hit him in the ass and then went in. Every time he's in the defensive zone we get in trouble, he shouldn't even be in the NHL.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Every coach has at least one awful player that they love. It's a part of being a coach.

Roflobear

McDonagh is officially "day to day," per AV.

Had some pretty harsh words for J.T. Miller, too, who was just sent back down to Hartford again, saying he needs to "figure it out" both on and off the ice if he doesn't want to be a career minor leaguer.

Damn, harsh indeed

Red_Man

I remember watching J.T. Miller at the World Juniors when the US won gold, and I found him to be really unimpressive. Kreider on the other hand has had a pretty amazing turn around from when Torts was coach.

Roflobear

I remember watching J.T. Miller at the World Juniors when the US won gold, and I found him to be really unimpressive. Kreider on the other hand has had a pretty amazing turn around from when Torts was coach.

Yea he's been completely underwhelming in every stint he's had with the team

Edit: Although he's younger than probably all of us so I guess it makes sense he's a little stupid off the ice. I guess AV is practicing a little of that tough love to whip him into shape

Red_Man

Beaulieu called up, about fucking time. Team's management of him over these past few weeks has been confusing.

Red_Man

Mmmm, that bottom pairing is legit now.
You're assuming Therrien is going to play him? I guess you haven't lost all faith in him yet. Brisebois said the other day that he took the demotion really hard and was moping around in the AHL, and they obviously kept him down there to team him a lesson. So stupid since our PP has needed help and we're using Bouillon on the 2nd unit all this time.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
You're assuming Therrien is going to play him? I guess you haven't lost all faith in him yet. Brisebois said the other day that he took the demotion really hard and was moping around in the AHL, and they obviously kept him down there to team him a lesson. So stupid since our PP has needed help and we're using Bouillon on the 2nd unit all this time.

I forgot about the Therrien factor :(

Acid08

Banned
Leafs in their own zone is some baaaaaaad hockey.

Chara looks exposed every time he has to skate against someone with speed.

Top Bottom