• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oh shit whaddup: Voice actor has Devil May Cry 5 in his resume [Well... Err...]

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
FUCK THIS
tumblr_lyhsnjCxyy1qfriu3o1_500.gif

Sephzilla

Whatever, I still fully believe DMC5 is on its way. Itsuno's team hasn't been officially tied to anything for a while now and Capcom straight up had Devil May Cry on their itinerary for future installments.

Plus, y'know, DMC4:SE coming out of fucking nowhere 7 years after the fact should tell you that they're looking at the original series again.

Capcom you just need to hire Platinum for another iteration...

No, Itsuno or bust. His style for Devil May Cry works better. I don't need Kamiya shitting out some fucking railshooter segments in Devil May Cry again.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Nils here. I can confirm* I voiced a character named Melchior Alighieri, an ice demon from the Realms of Yonder who is targeted by Mundus for making delicious pineapple pizza that amplifies Dante's hybrid powers but is addictive yet poisonous to full demons. Jaden Smith is voicing Mundus and there is a QTE sequence where you do the Carlton dance to deliver the finishing blows to one of the game's more challenging bosses.

*This may or may not be a fever dream I've had.

Capcom you just need to hire Platinum for another iteration...

No they really don't. DMC with an unstable framerate would kill be awful. What Platinum has that DMC currently doesn't is great setpieces and bosses. I personally believe that their enemies are more fun to fight too but enemies vary from DMC to DMC so it isn't really a set quality of the series. So Capcom doesn't need to hire Platinum, as much as I love them. They've got enough to handle as it is.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I want a moratorium on DMC5 threads until there's a trailer to go along with it. No more rumors, no more bs leaks.

Whatever, I still fully believe DMC5 is on its way. Itsuno's team hasn't been officially tied to anything for a while now and Capcom straight up had Devil May Cry on their itinerary for future installments.

Plus, y'know, DMC4:SE coming out of fucking nowhere 7 years after the fact should tell you that they're looking at the original series again.

No, Itsuno or bust. His style for Devil May Cry works better. I don't need Kamiya shitting out some fucking railshooter segments in Devil May Cry again.

Yeah, it's been four years since Dragon's Dogma (and three since Dark Arisen), so the timing is definitely right to be showing his next project soon. He hasn't directed any other games in the mean time, has he?

Yeah, it's been four years since Dragon's Dogma (and three since Dark Arisen), so the timing is definitely right to be showing his next project soon. He hasn't directed any other games in the mean time, has he?

yeah to a layperson all these hints and info pretty much points to a DMC5 in development, but it won't be real for us fans after the stunts capcom has pulled until we see the official confirmation.

After DmC and Dragon's Dogma, Itsuno worked on 4SE for 1.5yrs

he could have started DMC5 either during 4SE's development or sometime later, but I think its a tad early for announcements... TGS seems to be the perfect timing imo.
Then again Capcom is known to do things on a random tuesday...

Beth Cyra

Imagine the rage if it turned out to be DmC2 lol

LOL while there would be some rage from the old guard.

I really do think this time you would actually get a much greater confused reaction from the majority of DMC Fans. Simply because we saw the sales and the loud voices saying no to DmC, and it would be like asking the franchise to go the way of Mega Man.

If I see even a single solitary second of DMC5 Vergil at E3 I'm just going to explode. My body will detonate with enough force to knock the Earth out of its orbit. I will accidentally transcend to a higher plane of existence, and then have to find my way back in time to actually play DMC5. Even just a teaser and I'm going to lose my mind.

Son Of D

Imagine the rage if it turned out to be DmC2 lol
I'd be confused to be honest. Without Ninja Theory I don't see them wanting to go with DmC.

I'll be honest, I'd like to see Ninja Theory try again at that kind of action game. I don't mean DmC 2, but taking the concepts and gameplay to spinoff into their own IP.

Astral Dog

Its still frustrating to see new false threads over and over before E3 :/

Im not sure if DMC is going to be at E3 but it seems RE7 will be revealed first.

And people should just stop worrying/hoping for DMC and Platinum :p
They have their hands full now a Ninja Theory game is more possible.(and that doesnt seem to be happening either)

I don't think there'd be much rage against a DmC2*, but more disappointed acceptance. Without a doubt NT learned from their mistakes on the vanilla DmC, since DmC DE fixed so much, so at least there's a good chance it'd play well. The story and world however eeehhh, yeah, not looking for a continuation of that any time soon.
The final confrontation literally could have ended with a reasonable discussion between the two instead of a duel to the death.

*When it comes to people willing and able to hold a conversation about it, anyway.

TreIII

Now, Reuben is getting in on it.

Just waiting for JYB or any other former Ranger cast to start exhibiting peculiar behavior...

Sesha

Man, what on earth is going on with these DMC.... Rumors? Can it even be called rumors? Lol

Most of it is just teasing by Dan and Reuben combined with reactions from hungry and desperate fans, along with random stuff like this.

I really, really, really hope that's the case. I wanna see people's reaction.

Also, DmC's special edition (the 60FPS one) was a legitimately fantastic game.

Comments like this are more pathetic than when some DMC fans put DMC2 above DmC.

Top Bottom