• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: WB leaked fake script of Batman v. Superman written by Kevin Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

FACT: I bet it's better than Goyer's

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=103034

This isn't a scoop regarding the plot or the details of the Batman v Superman movie or am I writing you in order to spoil or disappoint the general public.

My insider info regards a who has been the source of the vast majority of leaked information as regards to the movie and more importantly why.

Up until last year I worked for as a PA for a Warner Bros. exec until I was promoted to marketing. It was here I and several others where approached to work, directly and indirectly, for Susanne Knoll and sometimes Deborah Snyder.

It was here that I became a part of a particular strategy that Warner Bros has been using to great effect.

Early this year a Screenplay for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice which was commissioned by Warner Bros was leaked to several gossip sites. It was a scanned PDF of the entire screenplay baring a official Warner Bros watermark.

This script has been the source of almost every leaked detail about the movie for the last six months. It has been posted on sites then quickly removed due to cease and desist letters from Warner Bros.

While the screenplay is legit and the watermark is legit and it is was commissioned by Charles Roven himself...

But it is written by neither David S. Goyer or Chris Terrio.

It was written by Kevin Smith.

Late last year both Charles Roven and Zack Snyder approached Kevin Smith with a early treatment for the film and It was Kevin Smith who came up with the idea to write an entire screenplay based on it but with several huge red herrings and changes which do not appear in the final film. These include plot points and characters etc etc. and 'leak' it online.

This script was distributed by myself and others to gossip sites and movie sites like aintitcool, latino review, movie pilot, etc etc

My job was to pose as a worker at Warner Bros who was leaking the screenplay.

There were several others involved who posed as recently fired members of the production, interns and special effects artists and we all spread the misleading info around the web.

None of this was done maliciously and was a strategy to misdirect much of sites that intended to spoil the film.

tumblr_mc9h9ko7ii1rzxp5fo1_5001.gif

Salsa

if this is real I doubt he had much involvement other than changing some stuff from the real one

like, I don't expect a full on Kevin Smith script with his own dialogue and whatnot. Article describes otherwise, also he's hella busy

it'd be hilarious if that was the case tho and was actually better than the final movie, which, again, wouldnt surprise me at all knowing Goyer.

Links? I am a fan of kevin smith's fandom for batman. But honestly they let him write a script with out giant robot scorpions?

Sapiens

It's easy to shit all over his work, but the man himself is near godlike when it comes to his likability.

Jigorath

Banned
Why would Snyder let Kevin Smith read the real treatment when he knows Smith is a massive attention whore. No this doesn't make any sense to me, nobody would trust Kevin Smith like that.

I would want to read anything Batman related written by Smith. He gets it.

He most certainly does, his passion for the franchise is enormous. There's an episode of his podcast he does with his producer Scott Mosier where the whole thing is like a minute to minute blow by blow of the entire Dark Knight Rises plot, all from memory. It's insane how good his memory is for all the details, likely cause he's such a huge fan.

Smart strategy. Even if the real script did leak out, the average movie fan wouldn't know which rumors to trust and which to dismiss.

Penguin

Why would Snyder let Kevin Smith read the real treatment when he knows Smith is a massive attention whore. No this doesn't make any sense to me, nobody would trust Kevin Smith like that.

Based on the amount of stuff he has spilled about this project and future DC projects, seems like you're 100% correct

Salsa

he was on set way back, saw a bunch of pictures, saw the costume, etc etc

Snyder has been showing him stuff for a while now. He was also on Episode VII's set like days ago

he's a likeable dude with legit interest in this stuff, I dont find it surprising that his "friends" would show him shit. If what he """leaked""" is legit then I doubt anyone got mad and was inteded

he also knows his stuff regarding the source material so being involved in any way on the project even to this degree doesnt really surprise me

Salsa

Based on the amount of stuff he has spilled about this project and future DC projects, seems like you're 100% correct

NDAs are crazy. You can bet than all that circling around to "leak stuff" was planned or agreed on to generate hype.

shuri

Banned
Is he still a super heavy mega pothead who can't get over the fact that he's smoking pot? I used to be a huge fan of the guy until he turned into that.

I really like the clerks series but for some reason I get the sense that if this were made it would be Whedon-esque

Aka nuke that shit out of orbit

Sheroking

Except Smith saw the Batsuit months before the rest of us and was personally invited to the Star Wars set.

Dude is a friendly, passionate dude and he has a lot of friends in the business. I think he's one of the few that got to read Edgar Wright's Ant-man script as well IIRC.

MisterHero

I was gonna blast his Superman Lives script but he didn't write the version I'm thinking of.

Superman Wiki said:
CastNicholas Cage was selected at one point to play Superman. In 2009, images of him wearing the Superman costume for a screen test were released.

Revised scripts
Superman V: Reborn

■Several details of the script are unknown, but what has been confirmed is that it was loosely based on "The Death of Superman" story. The script features an insecure Clark Kent unable to admit his feelings for the human woman whom he loves, Lois Lane. Before he is able to resolve those feelings with her, Doomsday appears to challenge him. Just as in the comics, they fight to their respective deaths. As Superman dies in Lois' arms, he finally confesses his feelings to her. Unbeknowst to either of them, this final confession not only releases his soul from his body, but said soul enters the body of Lois. She soon discovers that she is pregnant with Superman's child. Days later, the child is born and within the span of three weeks, he grows into the body of a 21-year-old man. As Lois is killed in the middle of the film (by what has not been confirmed, but some reports list it as the resurrected Doomsday), the new-born assumes his birthright as the new Superman and defeats the villain, saving the world

Sheroking

I'm well aware of the difference between the two. Kevin Smith just doesn't have anything substantial to compare one another to unfortunately.

There's a Green Hornet script out in the world (I'm not sure on the internet) that he wrote at one time.

Not that it matters because even Kevin Smith agrees that any superhero movie he would make would be bad. People get so anal and negative about someones ability, but Kev knows his station. It's why he's not making 30M dollar movies for Paramount, like they wanted him to do, and is doing low-budget, campy horror movies right now.

Raptor

I love Batman but everytime I see a thread about this movie and see the Batman name beside Superman I get mad for some reason lol, give me MoS sequel Warner please.

Anyways I like Kevin Smith alright so I would still watch a movie based on his script.

Cheebo

Banned
Devin Faraci said the script, before he knew it was written by Smith was surprising to him because it embraced the comic book mythology and made him think that DC/WB was starting to learn a lot of what makes the Marvel Cinematic Universe work.

I doubt the Goyer script retained any of that.

Sight unseen I would much rather see the Smith script on screen than what we are going to get.

Sheroking

Then you clearly haven't read his Batman or Daredevil.

Dude gets it. If anything it is his true calling.

Smith's Batman is basically a low-tier Frank Miller impression, but his non-Batman books have been good at worst.

He does get the character, I'm just not sure he should be the guy to write the character.

I didn't read the leaked script. Did anyone at any point say Batman could orgasm more than 10 times? Cause then we know it was him

Cheebo

Banned

Look at Star Wars Episode VII. It is WAY more locked down than Superman vs. Batman begin a far far far bigger film. Yet Abrams let Smith hang out on set and then took him into the editing bay and show him most of the already cut together footage.

Smith is well liked by quite a few in hollywood.

Salsa

Look at Star Wars Episode VII. It is WAY more locked down than Superman vs. Batman begin a far far far bigger film. Yet Abrams let Smith hang out on set and then took him into the editing bay and show him most of the already cut together footage.

Smith is well liked by quite a few in hollywood.

also all he confirmed is that everything looks awesome and it has stormtroopers

omg I bet they hate him for generating all that hype

Cheebo

Banned
also all he confirmed is that everything looks awesome and it has stormtroopers

omg I bet they hate him for generating all that hype

Which makes it absurd to think he couldn't be trusted to read the real Batman/Superman script. Smith loves to talk but he isn't going to go around burning bridges.

Sanjuro

There's a Green Hornet script out in the world (I'm not sure on the internet) that he wrote at one time.

Not that it matters because even Kevin Smith agrees that any superhero movie he would make would be bad. People get so anal and negative about someones ability, but Kev knows his station. It's why he's not making 30M dollar movies for Paramount, like they wanted him to do, and is doing low-budget, campy horror movies right now.

Basically you are agreeing that Kevin Smith's ability to write comic book films isn't far off from Marvel's current strategy.

Why are people still talking like Goyer wrote the script they are using?

We know it's Terrio's script.

Because Goyer was reported to have already started writing Batman vs Superman before Man of Steel released. Terrio was originally reported to be coming in to polish Goyer's script. Since then, Terrio has been given the screenplay credit and Goyer relegated to a story credit - which suggests that Terrio's changes to Goyer's script were substantial enough to change the credit due.

Ultimately though, he's still working from Goyer's original skeleton.

Salsa

Because Goyer was reported to have already started writing Batman vs Superman before Man of Steel released. Terrio was originally reported to be coming in to polish Goyer's script. Since then, Terrio has been given the screenplay credit and Goyer relegated to a story credit - which suggests that Terrio's changes to Goyer's script were substantial enough to change the credit due.

Ultimately though, he's still working from Goyer's original skeleton.

I hope Terrio is in charge of all dialogue

.. at least

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom