• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: WB leaked fake script of Batman v. Superman written by Kevin Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

IconGrist

Because Goyer was reported to have already started writing Batman vs Superman before Man of Steel released. Terrio was originally reported to be coming in to polish Goyer's script. Since then, Terrio has been given the screenplay credit and Goyer relegated to a story credit - which suggests that Terrio's changes to Goyer's script were substantial enough to change the credit due.

Ultimately though, he's still working from Goyer's original skeleton.

And? Plenty of people have polished Goyers scripts before and those movies turned out fine. I'm not sure why this movie in particular is the exception as reason to shit on it.

Smith would make write a killer superhero flick.

Kevin Smith is a good writer, but he is a competent-at-best director. I don't think it harms his comedies, but a superhero movie should have some visual flair. He'd need a very good and passionate cinematographer, at least.

IconGrist

And what? You asked why people are talking like Goyer wrote the script and I provided you with information that might explain why.

No, I asked why people think Goyer is responsible for the script they are using. His idea maybe. Not his script though. He's off the script.

ReiGun

No, I asked why people think Goyer is responsible for the script they are using. His idea maybe. Not his script though. He's off the script.

Most people aren't following news of this movie all that closely beyond the odd bit of casting news and photo releases. Terrio's involvement isn't widely known to most.

Lol at Kevin Smith "gets it" comments. Dude's Batman comics are the most atrocious shit ever.
batman-pees-pants.jpg

Too bad the casting announcements weren't fake... :/

I don't get the point of this either. Why bother? Especially since WB ninjas were killing all the links.

IconGrist

Too bad the casting announcements weren't fake... :/

I don't get the point of this either. Why bother? Especially since WB ninjas were killing all the links.

Cease and desist orders make the news seem credible which I imagine is the point.

Not that I believe any of this though. The rumor itself is a win/win no matter if it's true or false. Either WB played a decent move or the rumor mongers have an out when their info is proven false.

No one loses and the Internet still has no idea what's going on. Left at square one.

So what is going to happen when the leaked script ends up being better than the actual movie?

This is what I was going to say. I skimmed it and thought it was actually very good. I thought the characterization of all the characters were spot on. The only problem is maybe theres a bit too much in there that the GA wont catch. It would be fucked if this ended up being better than what we'll be getting.

Mariolee

pretty much confirmed

Bl1XKfD.png

Does he

A. Confirm it's real because it actually is.

B. Confirm it's real but it's actually not and that the leaks are actually substantial and real leaks from the actual script, but this is WB's way of hiding it.

C. Confirm the rumor's not real and risk basically admitting everything leaked so far is real.

D. Be stupidly ambiguous.

I like Kevin Smith, so I'm excited regardless of what he has to say.

Dascu

This is what I was going to say. I skimmed it and thought it was actually very good. I thought the characterization of all the characters were spot on. The only problem is maybe theres a bit too much in there that the GA wont catch. It would be fucked if this ended up being better than what we'll be getting.

The fake script is available online?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Ooooh, this is all very exciting. For as much shit people give Smith, it can't be denied the man knows comics, the fans and what they want to see.

I'm interested in this script.

Brakke

Banned
Try Batman '66 Vs The Green Hornet

This was written by Ralph Garman but also yeah, they're big pals and there's no question Smith knows what's good about Batman.

Anyone??

Also, I've heard he has a batman podcast? How is it?

I listened for a while. He pulls really big name guests, those are usually super interesting. Turns out I just don't care that much about Batman or the old fogeys who wrote comics way back when so I stopped. It's definitely high quality though.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Final action scene features Batman and Superman hiding behind a rock having a discussion about Lois Lane's sexual history while a giant spider tears shit up completely off-screen.

But then again, he wrote that Batman pissed himself.

Batman was telling a story about his first time out as Batman that made him human and fallible. If you want omnipotent, unflappable Batman stick to your fanfiction.

I'll take the human that fucks up but never gives up. Piss and all.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Batman was telling a story about his first time out as Batman that made him human and fallible. If you want omnipotent, unflappable Batman stick to your fanfiction.

I'll take the human that fucks up but never gives up. Piss and all.

I am ok with human, I am not ok with embarrassing.

That's pretty great.

I've never been a Kevin Smith fan. He seems like a fine writer but all of his movies look like zero- budget made-for-TV films. I noticed this with Clerks 2 especially

Ragardless of the quality of the smith script, if this is true this is actually genius.

Has any other movie studio done something like this?

megateto

He most certainly does, his passion for the franchise is enormous. There's an episode of his podcast he does with his producer Scott Mosier where the whole thing is like a minute to minute blow by blow of the entire Dark Knight Rises plot, all from memory. It's insane how good his memory is for all the details, likely cause he's such a huge fan.

Does anybody know which episode is that one? Thanks.

If this is true, it might be the first time I'm actually interested in the movie (cause I hated Man of Steel). He gets these characters.

Senoculum

The only "leaks" were the line up of villains, which were absurd and obviously fake. You're telling me they paid Kevin Smith to write a fake script? Which contain details that, well, are as secretive as the real Batman v Superman? That sounds like a waste of marketing dollars.

The only thing confirmed is the cast list.

This kinda reminds me of Michael Bay saying "we're gonna intentionally leak misinformation for Transformers 3." What exactly did that amount to? Nothing of substance was roused, and certainly most was shot down quickly. It's like they can't even post convincing red herrings.

LiK

Batman and Superman spend most of the time in the movie debating the merits of oatmeal cookies.

Lemmy

Banned
I don't mind Kevin Smith movies, but he wrote Batman Widening Gyre, which is tied with City of Crime for worst Batman story ever written imo.

That said, I think even he would think twice about casting Affleck as Batman.

This kinda reminds me of Michael Bay saying "we're gonna intentionally leak misinformation for Transformers 3." What exactly did that amount to? Nothing of substance was roused, and certainly most was shot down quickly. It's like they can't even post convincing red herrings.

I was going to bring this up as well. I remember some movie site getting all pissed at Bay over this and saying how they just weren't going to report anything about T3 and deny the movie their sites attention.

Blader

I don't mind Kevin Smith movies, but he wrote Batman Widening Gyre, which is tied with City of Crime for worst Batman story ever written imo.

That said, I think even he would think twice about casting Affleck as Batman.

What even is a "widening gyre" anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom