• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Pre-TGS 2014 SCEJA Conference - Wait we're in Japan? [Over]

convo

SCEJ working with From was pretty damn shocking when it leaked. I wonder if they're going reveal more similar partnerships.

Well it really wasn't that shocking because they already did help out with demon's souls.
The reason atlus published it in the west was because sony did not thing it was worth it at the time which they admitted was a huge mistake on their part.

I-hate-u

SCEJ working with From was pretty damn shocking when it leaked. I wonder if they're going reveal more similar partnerships.

Was it really? They worked with them before, and Yoshida outright said that the Souls franchise was his favourite of past gen behind Journey. If there was an opportunity and agreement, I don't think Yosp/SCE would hesitate to purchase the From outright.

Platinum and Sony relations are weird. I say, SCEJ x Capcom.

Platinum and Square are with MS. Namco and Sega are with Ninty. Capcom is the missing link.

nightever

Considering atlus is showing nothing about P5, which is supposed to launch this winter. I'd say the game is now very likely a cross-gen title.

Freeman

Banned
I hope this is good the Japanese market is a big let down right now.

I'm setting my expectation low but they need some big thing to change things around.

SCEJ x L5 is one that usually happens. Hopefully we get a L5 x SCEJ x Ghibli :)

If they do have a collaboration with L5 in the works, then I hope they requested for Motomura to direct the game. His record is quite solid. Director of Jeanne d'Arc and Ni No Kuni as well as the development director on DQIX.

N.Domixis

Banned
Was it really? They worked with them before, and Yoshida outright said that the Souls franchise was his favourite of past gen behind Journey. If there was an opportunity and agreement, I don't think Yosp/SCE would hesitate to purchase the From outright.

Platinum and Sony relations are weird. I say, SCEJ x Capcom.

Platinum and Square are with MS. Namco and Sega are with Ninty. Capcom is the missing link.

Sqaure is half and half, sony has ff and KH advertising.

Some Nobody

Dat bottom row is crazy.

Nah, bottom row is actually pretty possible outside of Legend of Dragoon. We've been hearing about a possible new DQ, and it very well may be on consoles. Cyber Connect 2 is working on a new game so maybe we will hear about it during TGS. GR2 is confirmed to be a thing, last I checked. Out of the remaining four, the only unlikely one is FF XV and it COULD/SHOULD show up.

Now what's never ever ever happening is that N column, lol. I'd lose my shit if they made a new Wild Arms.

Well, we don't know how his sources may have positioned it, but the word 'big Japanese game' from a western media perspective is very different to that of the Japanese media.

Western media will look at Phantasy Star/Yakuza and scoff it off because it's not 'big' to them, for one. (Sorry if this made-up image offends those in that line of work )

I'd go crazy for a new Phantasy Star if it was coming to consoles and Stateside.

My (unfortunately unrealistic) fantasy TGS bingo card!

If I actually get a bingo then it'll have been one hell of a conference .
Bottom left to top right is your best bet

My predictions:
Gravity Rush 2, system is 50/50 between PS4 or Vita
Hot Shots Golf PS4
Soul Sacrifice 2
New SCEJ JRPG, possibly with Level 5
Something Patapon or Locoroco related
Squenix stuff I don't care about
Japanese indies
One old IP returning

Bottom left to top right is your best bet

My predictions:
Gravity Rush 2, system is 50/50 between PS4 or Vita
Hot Shots Golf PS4
Soul Sacrifice 2
New SCEJ JRPG, possibly with Level 5
Something Patapon or Locoroco related
Squenix stuff I don't care about
Japanese indies
One old IP returning

Hopefully.

If they do have a collaboration with L5 in the works, then I hope they requested for Motomura to direct the game. His record is quite solid. Director of Jeanne d'Arc and Ni No Kuni as well as the development director on DQIX.

Wow he was on Jeanne d'Arc as well. Whats he doing now? Hopefully his talent isn't wasted on Wonderflick -__-

Nah, bottom row is actually pretty possible outside of Legend of Dragoon. We've been hearing about a possible new DQ, and it very well may be on consoles. Cyber Connect 2 is working on a new game so maybe we will hear about it during TGS. GR2 is confirmed to be a thing, last I checked. Out of the remaining four, the only unlikely one is FF XV and it COULD/SHOULD show up.

Now what's never ever ever happening is that N column, lol. I'd lose my shit if they made a new Wild Arms.

I'd go crazy for a new Phantasy Star if it was coming to consoles and Stateside.

A new Wild Arms is more likely than a new LoD. SCEJ recently started doing merchanides for that series again iirc and there was talk of a new one if Oreshika did well.

I agree though. That N column is ridiculous.

Wow he was on Jeanne d'Arc as well. Whats he doing now? Hopefully his talent isn't wasted on Wonderflick -__-

He's apparently part of L5's R&D2 team, which has handled NnK and Youkai Watch. I can't find anything on him being directly involved in YW's development. So he still seems to be free for directing a game.

I wish Toyama would give a hint about whether or not he'll be there. I keep checking his Twitter and he's just been streaming from his PS4 for the past few hours.

UrbanRats

This is their TGS conference. MS, Sony, EA E3 conferences are usually pre-E3 conferences as well (didn't say nintendo, because I think sometimes they have it on the first day of E3 unless I'm mistaken).

Oh that i knew (about E3) but generally it's one day earlier, so they still get all the E3 related press.
How come they're going this early this time around?

I mean they do this, then there'll be like 20+ days of nothing, and then TGS starts, feels weird.

Oh that i knew (about E3) but generally it's one day earlier, so they still get all the E3 related press.
How come they're going this early this time around?

I mean they do this, then there'll be like 20+ days of nothing, and then TGS starts, feels weird.

Press in Japan is different a bit.

Printed magazines (Famitsu, etc) have significance.

That, and TGS being so mobile focused nowadays may detract from Sony specific news if cramped within that slot.

you guys must be mistaking it with the tgs key note they did last year. this one called sceja press conference had some decent announcements and here is a post recapping most of it

i would expect some good announcements at this conference. hopefully some ps4 games with gameplay shown rather than logos.
Thanks, I think you're right. Will look forward to the thread updates when I wake up Monday. Nice not having to go to work that day.

Top Bottom