• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official 360 Thread - Gamertag Roundup

Hammer

Anyone else having the issue where you can log into XBL fine and everything looks ok in the guide button menu, only the blades 'marketplace,' 'xbox live,' and 'games' refuses to load? I did a reboot and have the same issue. So far hasnt affected game play as I still show online, but does restrict access to multiple other features. So.. anyone else having this problem or know anything in regards?

Hammer

Repost for the new page. As Always, post your gamertag if you want in; if you can host, please post that as well.

Happy Holidays TF2 Gaffers.

GAF TF2 Game - Thursday 12/27 - 7:30PT/10:30ET
Be sure to post your gamertag if you want in.

Players:
Hammer0982
SpudxBud
KLindblogger
Akujin Alastor

I got dropped for some reason. Is anyone else willing to host, or or we calling early tonight?

Phthisis

Hammer said:
Anyone else having the issue where you can log into XBL fine and everything looks ok in the guide button menu, only the blades 'marketplace,' 'xbox live,' and 'games' refuses to load? I did a reboot and have the same issue. So far hasnt affected game play as I still show online, but does restrict access to multiple other features. So.. anyone else having this problem or know anything in regards?

This has been happening to me a lot, too. Good to know I'm not the only one.

pj

Banned
Even though nobody cares....

tf2.jpg

tf21.jpg

And we still somehow lost both rounds. I suspect cheating, because during the first round on dustbowl, the round ended the EXACT MOMENT the first point was capped. There's no way in shit they could have capped the second point in like .1 seconds. Also, during the round, the announcer kept saying "our final control point is being captured," when it wasn't, and neither was the first point..

Hammer

Phthisis said:
This has been happening to me a lot, too. Good to know I'm not the only one.

I sat there and stared at it for a while, and after about 10 to 15 min everything finally popped in. Hopefully they will address it next patch. -_-

Yea, this weeks games were a little light, hopefully we will pick back up again next week.

besada

Banned
I'll be around this weekend and am looking to get my Medic on, so feel free to invite me even if I'm playing something else.

Crested Penguin | Crested Penguin | -8 GMT

Just started playing, but I'm a bit tired of playing with random matchup people. I'm so happy when I find someone who actually knows how to take advantage of my uber when I medic.

hitoshi

Guys, please help me. I've started playing TF2 again. I've stopped weeks ago because of the lag. I've downloaded the update, but most of the time i'm still struggling. 9 tries out of ten results in either instant connection lost, or such high lag that it's unplayable. I had a 2 hour sessions right now and it dropped me right before the end of the whole match - you could imagine how happy i way. Is it a problem with my connection or it's the same issue I've been reading about since the release of the game? I have a 4mbit ADSL and i had no problems at all with other games, except from Guitar Hero 3 but that was clearly the server's fault, not mine.

hitoshi said:
Guys, please help me. I've started playing TF2 again. I've stopped weeks ago because of the lag. I've downloaded the update, but most of the time i'm still struggling. 9 tries out of ten results in either instant connection lost, or such high lag that it's unplayable. I had a 2 hour sessions right now and it dropped me right before the end of the whole match - you could imagine how happy i way. Is it a problem with my connection or it's the same issue I've been reading about since the release of the game? I have a 4mbit ADSL and i had no problems at all with other games, except from Guitar Hero 3 but that was clearly the server's fault, not mine.
Haven't played Team Fortress 2 yet, but you should know that Live as a whole is experiencing technical difficulties. Even Call of Duty 4 and other games are having a lot of these problems. Hopefully, these issues will be gone soon.

hitoshi

MicVlaD said:
Haven't played Team Fortress 2 yet, but you should know that Live as a whole is experiencing technical difficulties. Even Call of Duty 4 and other games are having a lot of these problems. Hopefully, these issues will be gone soon.

I'm aware of that, the issue was there even before the problems with Live. I've read weeks ago that Valve is planning an other update to reduce bandwith usage, but there were no words about that since then. TF2 made me to really consider buying a router and a GOLD subscription, but after experiencing such difficulties i'm starting to reconsider it.

pj

Banned
I've been using a bandwidth monitor for a while, and TF2 360 never uses more than 256kbps up or down, so I don't think bandwidth usage is the problem. Usually, I only get disconnected from laggy games where the host is trying to host a bigger game than he really should. I rarely get disconnected from good games

hitoshi

pj325is said:
I've been using a bandwidth monitor for a while, and TF2 360 never uses more than 256kbps up or down, so I don't think bandwidth usage is the problem. Usually, I only get disconnected from laggy games where the host is trying to host a bigger game than he really should. I rarely get disconnected from good games

That's an other thing i can't get over with: why there are not any official VALVE servers? Why I am forced to play on user generated hosts?

That reminds me to ask an other question: If'm searching for a quick ranked / player match, only 2 or 3 servers are showing up. Is it normal?

armubaba

armubaba| armubaba |-8 GMT

I've been loving the game since release, and, sadly, I hadn't noticed this thread until now. I look forward to playing with you guys. Is there anything going on tomorrow?

I probably can't make it tomorrow, but I'll put the tag list together:

GAF TF2 Game - Thursday 1/3 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

Players:
Cornballer(?)
Hammer0982
armubaba
Decamus
Velvet N1temare
SpudxBud
KLindblogger
Akujin Alastor
KamikazePIPBoy

XSX

Wow, I had my Orange Box Game and 360 for one day and my freind knocks it over and the disc is screwed now, so im gonna have to wait a bit until I get my new disc, so i can play with you guys.

p.s My host is apparently amazing. I always get 3 bars and there's never any lag. At least that's what people tell me.

Anyone else? Looks like we're a little light on numbers for tonight, but hopefully we can spam the GAF Shooter list or something and pick up a few more people.

Hammer

Good games tonight, as always. Sorry I was mute for the first half but I had company.
Just a thought, but maybe next time we open up the room we can work out gaf vs others.

That 2 Fort game where you guys all rushed us disguised as our teams spies was great. I think I was the first man across the bridge, and there was a half second there were I literally just stopped and had a wtf moment. :lol Great stuff.

armubaba

Hammer said:
Good games tonight, as always. Sorry I was mute for the first half but I had company.
Just a thought, but maybe next time we open up the room we can work out gaf vs others.

That 2 Fort game where you guys all rushed us disguised as our teams spies was great. I think I was the first man across the bridge, and there was a half second there were I literally just stopped and had a wtf moment. :lol Great stuff.

The scary thing was....it worked. :lol

Good stuff last night. The spy bum-rush was hilarious, as was the time when I was in the process of asking Hammer if I should use the uber-charge when we were mowed down by a heavy. We were sitting in respawn laughing about how it probably was a good time to use it. :lol

ianswoody

Very sorry I missed this. It was an out-of-town friend's last night here, so we all went out. Next time, though! And I much like the GAF vs. the World idea.

Penguin

Where the hell was I during this spy rush? :lol

Though, I think there was one game where I recharged an enemy spy all the way back to his base.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'd be up for some games in 2 weeks, when school work dies down. My info:

Creamium | Darunia | GMT +1

what do you guys play mostly? 2Fort?

Thermite

Darunia said:
I'd be up for some games in 2 weeks, when school work dies down. My info:

Creamium | Darunia | GMT +1

what do you guys play mostly? 2Fort?

That's probably our most played map, but we do play on other maps. I think the only map we haven't played on is Hydro.

ShowDog

This game has been incredibly disappointing so far. It takes 10 seconds or more for the server browser to actually find any servers, and if you try to join one that is anywhere near capacity it notifies you the server was full and kicks you back to the main fucking menu. What the hell is that!? Then I have to wait for the server browser to find new servers all over again. It usually takes me 10 tries and about 10 minutes to actually find a server that I can get into with more than 3 people in it, and then it's usually laggy. It seems like no one even plays this game on 360.

If GAF gets a good match together my tag is sl0w buffalo, but right now I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

I won't be playing this week, so someone else needs to step up and organize. Have fun, and I'll see everyone online sometime soon. :D

Hammer

Let's get this show on the road. If you can host, please post that as well.

GAF TF2 Game - Thursday 01/10 - 7:30PT/10:30ET

Players:
Hammer0982
Creamium
Decamus
SpudxBud
Danieldare4444

Hammer

Of course... always glad to add a TF2 Gaffer. If you are free tomorrow evening you should try to join us for our weekly games. (Though it is somewhat odd hours for you Euros.) :D

Top Bottom