• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 167 |OT| The Decisioning of Johnny Hendricks by the Coward GSP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dana is trying to protect GSP now. I think if GSP has some serious mental issues or is having a breakdown, Dana feels bad for talking shit earlier.

SRTtoZ

GSP "I dont know what happen when I get hit, my iyeez get bleury"

Yes, you got hit hard, you got rocked, that happens to all of us who get hit in the face.

mr2t

Banned
What was he even going for? Was he trying to give Dana an opportunity to back out from an opinion he clearly believes or was he talking about somebody else? Did the stream die in a mercy killing because of that question?

I have no idea. Just heard another that makes me wonder what the fuck is wrong with these people.

I think GSP's irrational pursuit of perfection has finally driven him mad. I think the dude really wants to take time away because he's having a nervous breakdown.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Dana's face when GSP is answering a question in French.

vywM5vQ.png

"Stesson, stresson? He better not be talking about that retirement shit."

I think Dana wishes he could take back how tough he was on GSP at the beginning of the conference. As GSP was talking and sounding more and more like a man on the edge of a nervous breakdown Dana started getting Jonathan Martin flashbacks in his mind and realized he didn't want that kind of negative attention. That's why he stopped GSP from talking about it further.

Fifty

Does the Dana scrum ever get streamed live? It's too damn late to wait the requisite couple of hours for mmafighting.com to upload it.

dem

Georges is definitely having a breakdown...

He can't sleep..
He loses large chunks of time and attributes it to being abducted by aliens..

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Dana's face when GSP is answering a question in French.

vywM5vQ.png

"Stesson, stresson? He better not be talking about that retirement shit."

The dejected look on GSP's face combined with Dana's constant, enduring staredown looked like a big brother bullying his small brother and being all "tell mom you just fell down the stairs, or else..."

Is the second dark age upon us?

20 events in Brazil confirmed for 2015.

Panzon

If GSP decides to hang em up It'll be a little sad because the guy is just so talented and great but I think it would make the WW devision waaay more interesting without Georges in the picture. I'm not a fan of his but his greatness can't be denied

Dr.Acula

Banned
I think Dana wishes he could take back how tough he was on GSP at the beginning of the conference. As GSP was talking and sounding more and more like a man on the edge of a nervous breakdown Dana started getting Jonathan Martin flashbacks in his mind and realized he didn't want that kind of negative attention. That's why he stopped GSP from talking about it further.

Dana shoots from the hip, that's what makes him so great. But clearly GSP had his bell rung, makes sense to protect a fighter when they aren't really capable of answering questions. I just want to know how any doctor cleared him for release. Thanks Obama!

Rur0ni

Yeah, GSP does seem out of it. Just watching his countdown and such I think reveals that a bit. It's cool dude, retire. You've got bank. Yeah your legacy has been shat on for being an athlete, and you just got worked a bit. It's time to clear your head and be a family man.

Pimpwerx

He goes into Aliens talk, and how sometimes he is sitting down or driving and all of a sudden 2 hours goes by without him noticing, etc. He really is on the verge of some sort of breakdown.

Yikes. Sounds like some of the stuff NFL players experience from head trauma. But sounds like his is from overexertion/stress. PEACE.

GSP is shook because he's been beaten. Similar shit happened to Silva when he got knocked out. Talking about being done and handling his private life. It's what happens when a fighter believes his own hype to the extent that it shatters his world to know he lost.

The difference is Silva got KO'd and GSP got the gift decision.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
God what did GSP do that is making him not being able to sleep at night?

UvrLVfD.jpg

In fact he is apparently scared of alot of shit.....probably thinks the world is about to end, or that there are aliens on the planet right now and he is paranoid about shit.

And he has like visions/hallucinations.

Best way to get a taste of his "trippy-ness" is watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRxhphdt8F4

Sorry, had to do it
ibwzlq681iBNcd.gif

Some sad shit!

If GSP decides to hang em up It'll be a little sad because the guy is just so talented and great but I think it would make the WW devision waaay more interesting without Georges in the picture. I'm not a fan of his but his greatness can't be denied

Retiring right after a fight where most clearly think he lost would tarnish his legacy a bit. However, if he really is on the edge of a nervous breakdown, maybe he should hang them up.

GSP is shook because he's been beaten. Similar shit happened to Silva when he got knocked out. Talking about being done and handling his private life. It's what happens when a fighter believes his own hype to the extent that it shatters his world to know he lost.

This has been a long time coming for GSP. It didn't just happen because he "lost"

very good explanation

Panzon

Retiring right after a fight where most clearly think he lost would tarnish his legacy a bit. However, if he really is on the edge of a nervous breakdown, maybe he should hang them up.

Yea let me clarify I'm referring to him retiring due to some kind of mental breakdown or whatever the case may be. It won't fly if he retires just because though (although it's his life and he can do whatever he wants).

Hope the guy is alright and gives Hendricks the rematch he deserves

Lazyslob

Banned
Yikes. Sounds like some of the stuff NFL players experience from head trauma. But sounds like his is from overexertion/stress. PEACE.

He sounds cool as hell. Me and my friends talk about aliens and weird shit all the time. Probably doesn't sounds like we are the most sane human beings when we are hanging out. Y'all are too judgmental.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom