• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crushed said:
You know, if we can make 358 posts before sp0rsk gets back, then this thread will hit the REAL (100post/page) Page 666. After all, "just clearing" isn't enough for Smash Bros. You have to get all the little extras and unlockables. :D

...But where can we get more than 300 posts on short notice?

...:D

Okay someone really needs to stop you, because I just know that you're crazy enough to do it. :lol

PBalfredo

Reading all of these awesome reflections of this epic thread makes me wish I joined sooner than I did, rather than naively believing that Smashboards would be a fun and enjoyable place to discuss the Dojo. :lol

Crushed said:
c1131332262dd782_IMAGE-1.jpg

Cheer up, Samus!
Great post Crushed and awesome pic of Samus! :D

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I've been lurking this thread since the beginning of the dojo, so I feel I must get at least one post in before it closes.

Neomoto

Which reminds me.. we don't have a archive of every update on the website! It is only a matter of time before the Dojo and all it's contents will disappear forever. Perhaps it's an idea to make a real archive in this thread since the thread itself will also be archived?! Would take a lot of time though, or just make screencaps per (meaningfull) update and upload that. :)

Proven

Crushed said:
I wouldn't actually do it.

I was too lazy to photoshop a "credits roll" with our avatars and names on it.

2vnmgwh.jpg

Oh come on Crushed! Don't be lazy. Just think of all the lulz to be had.

We're all here rooting for you. Us wannabes.

adg1034

Here's to the end of an era. Godspeed.

EDIT: Oh, and 666 pages? We'd need 3,000 posts to get the ~30 extra pages required. Sorry. I wish it was to be.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
That's just a mockup of what the credits WOULD have looked like! I was just using the top posters in the thread as placeholders! You guys would have been there, right at the top!

NeonZ

usea said:
I wish somebody would have quoted me saying that SSE looked incredibly stupid and boring, while everybody else came all over their screens over its announcement. And I turned out to be right!

I don't really see it.

SSE turned out to be exactly as promised. A side-scrolling game using the Smash engine + a few Kirby Superstar elements. Most levels even had individual design (mechanics or just distinct general architecture) and there were 40+ distinct enemies.

There are a few things which could be improved, like a HP system rather than getting knocked out of screen, but nothing too big. Most people who had already played Melee should have been able to judge SSE, negatively or positively, by the released info.

I actually expected less variety regarding individual level mechanics (like falling rocks, moving mines, raising platforms... that kind of thing. I didn't think they'd actually have some focus on that) so I was pleasantly surprised by it.

Haunted

Crushed said:
That's just a mockup of what the credits WOULD have looked like! I was just using the top posters in the thread as placeholders! You guys would have been there, right at the top!
suuure.

If Crushed is willing to do a credits screen with avatars of the top posters, then I vote to make it the final post.

If not, then the honor will likely go to Sp0rsk.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
sp0rsk: Not yet! I can still go on!

Sakurai: SP0RSK! Let me handle this! Dojogann! OVERLOAAAAAAAAAAD!

Dojo thread: Cherry-don!

Sakurai: Do not grieve for me, my children. I was once inside a sea of despair and weariness, but I came all the way here. With this temporary website, it will give me satisfaction, being able to create a tomorrow for the Smashers!

Dojo thread: Yes, you're certainly right. (glimmer)

sp0rsk: Dojo thread, you...

Dojo thread: :)

sp0rsk: :O

Dojo thread: Sp0rsk. You got this far doing what you had to. Isn't that right?

sp0rsk: ...Got it. I'll win this fight for sure.

Firestorm: Of course.

Anti-Smashbros: You'll end up dying like dogs anyway! VANISH!

crowphoenix: Dojogann is quantumly dividing!

Sakurai: I was waiting for that... !!!!!! (tranforms Dojo into Smash Bros)

SP0RSK! TAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!

(GAF buys up Smash Bros)

sp0rsk: Lordsakurai, let's go together!

Anti-Smashbros: Nonsense! He quantum-divided himself and converted it to raw win!?

sp0rsk: Take this!!!

Anti-Smashbros: I WON'T LET YOU!!!

Why is it!? Where are you getting all this power!?

sp0rsk: We're posting more with every passing minute! With each new post and thread, we move forward a little bit! That's NeoGAF!

Anti-Smashbros: That is the path towards spam! The Smash Bros fan's limit! Why can't you realize that!?

sp0rsk: That's YOUR limit! In this board full of turmoil, you act like a king and lock other topics, and that is YOUR limit!

Jiggy37: That's right! There was someone much, much, bigger among Smash fans! For his sake too, we will move forward!

Dojo thread: This spirit is infinite! I've also bet on that greatness!

sp0rsk: Remember this well. This boards tears holes through the Internet. Those tubes will become a path for those that will follow us. The wishes of the banned and the hopes of the juniors who follow... with those two thoughts, with 20 threads in, we'll carve the path to tomorrow! That is Super Smash Bros. That is Neo Gaming Age. This thread is the thread that pierces the heavens!

Firestorm: SP0RSK-U! GOOOOOOOO!

sp0sk: GAFFAN! IMPACTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Many Years Later~

Junior: I can't post my thread, mister.

???: You're posting too hard. Do it more slowly.

Junior: Wow, you're amazing!

???: Of course! Who the hell do you think I-

...yeah, I guess I'm just this guy, you know?

Junior: Wow! Super Smash Bros. 4 announced! And a website!

???: Ah, you're right.

Junior: Can I post a thread about SSB updates someday?

sp0rsk: Of course. All of the lights on the screen are threads.

Crushed: BOO-WAH! (licks)

sp0rsk: That's right. They're the threads where our Smasher friends are waiting.

Scribble

Hi, I know that this thread is 10 years old, but I thought I'd bump this due to the announcement of Super Smash Bros. Ruckus, ready to start it all over again, guys?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Scribble said:
Hi, I know that this thread is 10 years old, but I thought I'd bump this due to the announcement of Super Smash Bros. Ruckus, ready to start it all over again, guys?

Ruckus? Surely you jest

:lol Crushed, I don't know what the hell you just said, but I agree.

It seems fitting for the thread to end this way. We made this big sappy gathering of post and collective good byes, well written and orderly. But that's not us. We were ordered chaos. And these last few pages illustrate that nicely. We go out as we were. Lunatics that love our dojo.

Dojogann is quantumly dividing!

HK-47 said:
Ruckus? Surely you jest

Riot!

Duke Togo

Scribble said:
Ruckus will be followed by skirmish, scuffle, and shoving match.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
crowphoenix said:
:lol Crushed, I don't know what the hell you just said, but I agree.

It seems fitting for the thread to end this way. We made this big sappy gathering of post and collective good byes, well written and orderly. But that's not us. We were ordered chaos. And these last few pages illustrate that nicely. We go out as we were. Lunatics that love our dojo.

Dojogann is quantumly dividing!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ywtyn7NC3RA

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
hay guys whats going on in this thread

oh, crushed! :lol Simply beautiful stuff

crowphoenix said:
We go out as we were. Lunatics that love our dojo.

I can drink to that!

Scribble

duketogo88 said:
Ruckus will be followed by skirmish, scuffle, and shoving match.

Super Smash Bros. Rhubarb for the D-DS may be shown at E3, too. I wonder how they'll do Geno's moves without motion sensing -- I don't see the touch screens working, and I have a feeling he'll be majorly nerfed.

MrCheez

15 posts left till 63500! Can the unprecedented Dojo thread achieve this one last milestone??? The end is nigh, it could come any moment! Hold on to your butts!

MrCheez said:
15 posts left till 63500! Can the unprecedented Dojo thread achieve this one last milestone??? The end is nigh, it could come any moment! Hold on to your butts!
This is the Dojo.

We can do ANYTHING. There have been doubters, sceptics, and damners: but valiantly our power keeps us alive!

unless a mod closes it one before as a joke

MrCheez

This image that Crushed made is so amazing that I must post it again. Brings a tear to my eye :(

smashthreadcongratulations.jpg

MisterHero said:
I will be Sakurai's assistant for Smash Bros. 4.

Also I will be a playable character.

[/nostrodamus]
As long as Sakurai is playable too, and every move involves a Dojo quote.

Hell, just get the 'commentary' mode I've always wanted. Turn it on and get classic Sakurai-style quotes and analysis as you play. THAT would make the game 11 out of 10 on the scale of awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom