• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Fenix said:
Are you some sort of hairy man-beast? The hair makes that much of a difference?

Actually, I kind of appreciate the irony that Jiggy, of all people, might be considered a "hairy man-beast".

But I still kind of wish we weren't discussing Jiggy's leg hair. :/

Blizzard said:
...after which Sakurai posted the upskirt and tentacle pictures...

Only in Japan, I suppose. >_>

Sakurai is a hypocrite. D:

Blizzard said:
...after which Sakurai posted the upskirt and tentacle pictures...

Only in Japan, I suppose. >_>
Ah, maybe Sakurai was thinking of Snake's (lack of ) undergarments.

He's keeping all of those for himself.

NOTHING AT ALL.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Iam Canadian said:
But I still kind of wish we weren't discussing Jiggy's leg hair. :/

Imagine if the thread were to close right now... Jiggy's leg hair would be the last thing we ever discussed in the dojo thread.

PBalfredo

A tribute to my favorite Sakurai-ism of the Dojo

Flat Zone 2 Music Update said:
It reminds me of being in some underground bar, sitting next to an overdressed man who is wafting his cigarette smoke through the air, the pinched corners of his mouth evidence enough that he is plotting something full of intrigue.

intrigueandwatch.gif

Jiggy

I still say the Mr. Game & Watch octopus picture was innocuous. I mean, monsters capturing princesses and female space bounty hunters could probably be fairly called a pretty common archetype, and that octopus looks kind of like a movie monster. >_>

Fenix said:
I alter my question, does it make a "noticeable difference"?
No, not really. :D

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
I still say the Mr. Game & Watch octopus picture was innocuous. I mean, monsters capturing princesses and female space bounty hunters could probably be fairly called a pretty common archetype, and that octopus looks kind of like a movie monster. >_>

Maybe I've just been on the internet too long to see that as innocuous. >_<

Also; brilliant, PBalfredo. Brilliant.

truendo

I just finished reading all of Jiggy's quote hunt post things. It's so long, that you should find the highlights of the Quote hunt! lol

I can't believe this thread is going to close. Even though I've only been posting in it for a short while, I still read the posts before I was approved.

Jiggy you REALLY went overboard this time. What's the next thing your gonna do? It can't be bigger than this!

Haunted

The last couple pages are like the last half hour of the Return of the King. Just get it over with and lock it now.

The dojo thread had a good run.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Haunted One said:
The last couple pages are like the last half hour of the Return of the King. Just get it over with and lock it now.

The dojo thread had a good run.

You mean awesome?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Added the quote link list to the OP.

So, what do you say boys?

I'm taking last requests for things to add to the OP before this thread goes in the books.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
sp0rsk said:

I'm taking last requests for things to add to the OP before this thread goes in the books.

Needs Piplup

Haunted

sp0rsk said:

Everything that needed to be done. Lock and archive the biggest thread GAF has ever seen.

truendo

Before it closes I just wanted to say goodbye to the Dojo thread and everyone who posted in it!

Goodbye! *tears* I'll miss you guys!

sprsk

If you want something to go in the OP please make it yourself. I'm at work so I don't have the time to do anything but copy and paste.

Fenix

I'm c/p-ing my earlier goodbye cause I'm a lazy ass:

Huge thanks go out to Sakurai, Nate and everyone else who's worked on Brawl/The Dojo.

And huge thanks to everyone who posted in the thread, it's been an amazing 11 months... I look forward to reading Jiggy's thread-ending collection and recapturing some memories.

Goodbye Dojo thread!

sp0rsk said:
If you want something to go in the OP please make it yourself. I'm at work so I don't have the time to do anything but copy and paste.
How long do we have before you lock it? We'd like just a little more time. More time for love.

Jiggy

Sweet, I got into the OP courtesy of sp0rsk. :eek:

Could you move the link to Crushed's post (the "New Japan Time") into a separate quote from the stuff I organized, though? :p I had nothing to do with that.

wow, I made it into one of the quote archives lol. And right at the top. O_O All for a halfhearted attempt at a NiGHTS "moveset". I still think he/she/it could've worked. >_>

Jiggy

Currently trying to ask slayn in the IRC room if it's safe to put a link to that in the OP, so that GAF's brawlers can easily find their way to the easiest place to make some online matches happen. I'll edit this post if I get an answer.

MrCheez

Jiggy37 said:
Sweet, I got into the OP courtesy of sp0rsk. :eek:

Could you move the link to Crushed's post (the "New Japan Time") into a separate quote from the stuff I organized, though? :p I had nothing to do with that.

Sorry, that was me adding that the last few times I quoted the big collection of links. :lol I felt it was epic enough to be worthy of being added to the closing list of 'required reading material' :)

JSnake said:
I JUST WANTED TO SAY I LOVE YOU ALL. :'(
Ditto. Goodbye thread that made me finally register to GAF after nearly 9 years of reading the Gaming Age Forums in all it's incarnations. Thanks to Sakurai, The Treehouse and everybody here.

MrCheez

Haunted One said:
Everything that needed to be done. Lock and archive the biggest thread GAF has ever seen.

Gonna have to agree with this... I think everything we wanted to do before the end of this thread has now been accomplished.

We had our sentimental and formal goodbyes, the Quote Hunt extravaganza, Jiggy's stats and closing comments, Crushed epic screenshot post, then our last round of classic Dojo thread zaniness in the form of reciting Star Fox64 lines and posting various other lol-worthy links and pictures. :) And we even surpassed 63,500 posts!

One last time: Goodbye Dojo thread, and thanks to everyone for all the fun and camaraderie that was provided over the last 11 months!!

truendo

ShockingAlberto said:
If only we had some online game we could all play together. :p
OH! I know! We should all Brawl it out! I'm suprised you didn't think of that! (/sarcasm)

Edit: Whoever gets the last post on this thread will be lucky! (although it will probably be Sp0rsk.

(I have to say this in every post untill the end just incase this is my last post on this thread.)
Bye everybody! I'll miss you! Can't wait for Smash Bros. 4!

Jiggy

I think the Melee characters and Melee stages links in the OP are kind of worthless now. I mean, the other archives ant has up (the archive, the gallery, the music, and the Pokemon) are incomplete also, but at least they're related to Brawl. The Melee character/stage lists don't do anybody any good at all.

sprsk

MrCheez said:
Gonna have to agree with this... I think everything we wanted to do before the end of this thread has now been accomplished.

We had our sentimental and formal goodbyes, the Quote Hunt extravaganza, Jiggy's stats and closing comments, Crushed epic screenshot post, then our last round of classic Dojo thread zaniness in the form of reciting Star Fox64 lines and posting various other lol-worthy links and pictures. :) And we even surpassed 63,500 posts!

One last time: Goodbye Dojo thread, and thanks to everyone for all the fun and camaraderie that was provided over the last 11 months!!

Could you give me links to the final stats and crushed's post?

PM me if you have any additions ot the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom