• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I have no idea what just happened in the last page. cwazy crushed

NeonZ said:
I don't really see it.

SSE turned out to be exactly as promised. A side-scrolling game using the Smash engine + a few Kirby Superstar elements. Most levels even had individual design (mechanics or just distinct general architecture) and there were 40+ distinct enemies.

There are a few things which could be improved, like a HP system rather than getting knocked out of screen, but nothing too big. Most people who had already played Melee should have been able to judge SSE, negatively or positively, by the released info.

I actually expected less variety regarding individual level mechanics (like falling rocks, moving mines, raising platforms... that kind of thing. I didn't think they'd actually have some focus on that) so I was pleasantly surprised by it.

He didn't like what was promised either.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
RocketDarkness said:
Super Smash Brothers CLASH! Eh, not great, but it sounds a little better than some of the other proposed names.

Clash is good, but it's no:

Super Smash Bros FISTICUFFS

scottnak

JonathanEx said:
As long as Sakurai is playable too, and every move involves a Dojo quote.

Hell, just get the 'commentary' mode I've always wanted. Turn it on and get classic Sakurai-style quotes and analysis as you play. THAT would make the game 11 out of 10 on the scale of awesome.
Falling off of the platform?? Sakurai yells out "YOU MUST RECOVER!"
Awesome...

scottnak said:
Falling off of the platform?? Sakurai yells out "YOU MUST RECOVER!"
Awesome...
It would clearly be the greatest thing ever. And I'd love to hear my favourite update of the entire Dojo, Stafy, immortalised in sound.

Seriously, that update... so funny.

NeonZ

Firestorm said:
I have no idea what just happened in the last page. cwazy crushed

He didn't like what was promised either.

Well, I kind of went into a tangent, but I just meant that forming an opinion about SSE without playing it isn't really hard, based only on the info and videos that had been officially released, if the player had previous experience with the series.

Leezard

Blizzard said:
As long as this is open, I have a stupid question...who is Cherry-don, and why are they named that? >_>

Sakura is Cherry in japanese. (Or at least the cherry tree or something like that.) Cherry-don is Sakurai.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Crushed said:
I could point out the pointless and patheticness of this. How incredibly stupid we are to waste our sleeping time to get tidbits for Nintendo fighting game. I could point out that Jiggy37's statkeeping never in any way provided any useful or practical value whatsoever, or that his stupid fucking girl act was the creepiest and dumbest thing ever posted to NeoGAF, despite the fact that it appears to have gotten him several boyfriends who almost seem to think that Jiggy is an actual girl. I could say that I still think Sakurai should be imprisoned for war crimes, because he didn't include Mega Man, Ryu Hayabusa, or SIMON BELMONT ARGGGGGGGGGGGGH.

What happened to Naboo Starfighter? Keep the hope alive, Crushed. D:

Proven

Dammit Crushed, thanks for reminding me that I only watched half of Gurren Lagann out of spite against certain fansubbers. Now I have to go and find it.

Code_Link

It was a great run. Great updates, great contributions, and one of the Treehouse guys posting was just the cherry on top! This will be missed. :(

Just getting a last post in, it's been a great run. Brawl ended up fixing everything I hated about Melee, bringing SSB back into my play rotation.

<3

Iam Canadian

You know, I never actually thought that Brawl would ever exponentially improve on Melee the way that Melee improved on the original.

Now let's see if Super Smash Bros. Strife can improve over Brawl in the same manner. :D

Jiggy

After I slept in until like 11:30 AM, I thought surely the thread would be closed by now, but hey, look at that.

Crushed said:
I could point out that Jiggy37's statkeeping never in any way provided any useful or practical value whatsoever
I know. That's the most fantastic thing about it. :D And a sizable majority of posts in the whole thread, really. If I ever need to ignore serious bizness and concentrate on the nonsensical, I know who to reach.

Jiggy

Actually, the "Jiggy is a girl" thing came from a discussion in IRC where Relix was asking a certain person in there if he was a girl. He was asking because he (Relix) had told his sister, who sometimes plays Smash online with him, that the other person was a girl, and in the chat defended it by saying that the name sounded feminine because it ended in an A. (Days later I would go back in to satirize this, saying that Relix was vindicated after Dragona had been posting around in some threads by saying that people should have been able to recognize her and Aeana as female because their names ended in an A, but that's getting ahead of myself.) For like ten minutes Relix was trying to get that person to say if they were male or female. :p

So, as we were testing the "name ends in A = female" theory, I tossed "Jiggya" out there, which everyone agreed sounded like a guy's name. I said it sounded more like a guy's name than "Jiggy," to which OliveJuice said "Jiggy a girl confirmed? :eek:" and then we went from there. It was actually a brief tangent before we got back on the topic of that other person. Eventually slayn came in and was all "Why is everyone suddenly harassing [person they were harassing]?" or something to that effect. <_<

Jiggy37 said:
Actually, the "Jiggy is a girl" thing came from a discussion in IRC where Relix was asking a certain person in there if he was a girl. He was asking because he (Relix) had told his sister, who sometimes plays Smash online with him, that the other person was a girl, and in the chat defended it by saying that the name sounded feminine because it ended in an A. (Days later I would go back in to satirize this, saying that Relix was vindicated after Dragona had been posting around in some threads by saying that people should have been able to recognize her and Aeana as female because their names ended in an A, but that's getting ahead of myself.) For like ten minutes Relix was trying to get that person to say if they were male or female. :p

So, as we were testing the "name ends in A = female" theory, I tossed "Jiggya" out there, which everyone agreed sounded like a guy's name. I said it sounded more like a guy's name than "Jiggy," to which OliveJuice said "Jiggy a girl confirmed? :eek:" and then we went from there. It was actually a brief tangent before we got back on the topic of that other person. Eventually slayn came in and was all "Why is everyone suddenly harassing [person they were harassing]?" or something to that effect. <_<
Yup but then after a few of those wacky updates, I couldn't help but wonder if Relix was onto something. :lol

Iam Canadian said:
You know, I never actually thought that Brawl would ever exponentially improve on Melee the way that Melee improved on the original.
QFT! All credit to Sakurai and crew! He needs to be at the helm for SSB4. :D

Man God

Non-Canon Member
1300 pages? There aren't enough Starfox quotes to fill that!
"Aaaaaaaaahhhhh!"
&#8220;Affirmative general.&#8221;
&#8220;All aircraft break away!&#8221;
"All aircraft report."
"All-Range Mode."
"Bill!"
&#8220;Bill! Is that you? I can&#8217;t believe it!&#8221;
"Bill! You're okay!"
"Check your G-Diffuser System."
&#8220;Dang..&#8221;
"Deploy the Landmaster!"
"Don't Relax. We're not done yet."
&#8220;Entering Venom air defense zone!&#8221;
&#8220;Falco, where are you going?&#8221;
&#8220;Father?&#8221;
"Give me Slippy's location, Rob."
"Here it comes!"
"Hey! The force field is disappearing!"
"Hold on! We're entering Venom air space!"
"Huh? What?"
"I can't leave Slippy Hanging."
"I'll be careful."
"I'll check it out."
"I'll do my best. Andross won't have his way with me."
"I'll go it alone from here!"
"I'll take care of the bomb now!"
&#8220;I&#8217;m going to check out the bio-weapon.&#8221;
&#8220;I&#8217;m on it!&#8221;
&#8220;I&#8217;m on my way!&#8221;
&#8220;I&#8217;m sending the data to you guys.&#8221;
"I see 'em up ahead. Let's Rock and Roll!"
"I spot the train. I'm taking it out."
"Is that you, Slippy?"
"It's all come down to this."
&#8220;It&#8217;s time for us to go now.&#8221;
&#8220;I&#8217;ve found the bio-weapon!&#8221;
&#8220;Jeez! Can anyone take care of it?&#8221;
&#8220;Just who I want to see... Star Wolf.&#8221;
"Keep an eye on your shield gauge."
"Let's back up the squadron."
&#8220;Let&#8217;s sneak in low and surprise them!&#8221;
&#8220;Let&#8217;s take care of these guys first.&#8221;
"Let's take out that weapon, boys!"
&#8220;Nothing. Nothing's wrong.&#8221;
"Oh no, Sir. We prefer doing things our own way."
"Okay guys, destroy all barriers!"
&#8220;Open the wings.&#8221;
"Rob, can you confirm Slippy's location?"
&#8220;Rob, is everything OK?&#8221;
"Roger, General."
"Say your prayers, Andross."
&#8220;Slippy!!!&#8221;
"Slippy! Is everything OK?
&#8220;So Andross, you show your true form!&#8221;
"Sorry to jet, but I'm in a hurry!"
"So this is the secret weapon."
"Split up, and take it to 'em!"
&#8220;Star Wolf again? Why now?&#8221;
&#8220;Thanks Slip, Bluemarine came through.&#8221;
"There's one more to go!"
&#8220;Uh oh. Have we been spotted?&#8221;
"Venom, here we come!"
&#8220;We&#8217;re entering Corneria city now!&#8221;
"We're heading for Aquas. Report in."
"We're heading into the asteroids!"
&#8220;We&#8217;re preparing to dock.&#8221;
&#8220;We&#8217;ll gladly take this one.&#8221;
&#8220;We&#8217;ll just see about that, Star Wolf!&#8221;
"We're gonna break through that fleet!"
"We're heading out. All aircraft report."
"We're Star Fox!"
&#8220;What is he saying?&#8221;
"When we get back, we'll head for Venom."
"Why don't you come down here, Falco?"
&#8220;Yes sir. Deploy the Bluemarine!&#8221;
"You owe me one."
&#8220;You too.. Bill.&#8221;

Sure, that's just Fox, but believe me, there aren't that many more!

Jiggy

I will say, in full disclosure and truth and because I like promoting chaos and ambiguity, I do often shave my legs when it's not winter.
I can't ruin the thread when it's about to die anyway, right? <_<

You are the man Crushed, what an epic post!

Never so appropriate:
Smashbrositjustwontstaydead.jpg

Sorry, didnt have photoshop in this computer right now XD

And a present from me for so an awesome thread
RidleyvsSnake.jpg

SamusDestinoFinal.jpg

You deserve it!

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:
I will say, in full disclosure and truth and because I like promoting chaos and ambiguity, I do often shave my legs when it's not winter.

I...I really could have lived the rest of my life without knowing that. >_<

WE NEED MORE STAR FOX 64 QUOTES TO DRAW ATTENTION AWAY FROM THIS POST!

Time to show the monkeys who's boss!

m00

Semantic Continuum said:
Why isn't this thread dead yet ?

MADNESS.
The sp0rsk is currently occupied by the "racist imagery in RE5 trailer" thread, which has mutated into a discussion on interracial pr0n and make-out scenes on mainstream TV.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: No longer dead, but undead

Jeez la weez! Whats that?!

m00 said:
The sp0rsk is currently occupied by the "racist imagery in RE5 trailer" thread, which has mutated into a discussion on interracial pr0n and make-out scenes on mainstream TV.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: No longer dead, but undead

:lol :lol

Jiggy37 said:
Jiggy, that's hot!

Iam Canadian

VeritasVierge said:
Jiggy, that's hot!

Jigglypuff.jpg

I've had this image sitting around for a while, I've been wanting an opportunity to use it.

grandjedi6 said:
[Awesome animated GIFs]

Those are the greatest animated GIFs ever. You are a very good man for bringing them into this thread one more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom