• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V Day one and Collectors editions announced

bender

What time is it?
Just pre-ordered the Premium version (PS4) on Play-Asia. Good lord the shipping is expensive.

I've soured on Metal Gear, but I have the specials for every system, and I don't like the stuff in the collectors edition, but I can't decide to get this or not. Urg.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Good God, Lemon. Importing the CE from Game.uk costs $120. Why are people paying $600 to import from Japan. Is the larger arm worth $480?

Don't know if this is new news but US Amazon appears to have replaced the placeholder art for the regular edition with the "day one" edition official boxart. Hopefully that means the collector's edition will pop up soon.

PerZona

ok, thank you. i might have to use my tenso account then.

do you know if konami style charges you when you place the order or when it ships. ?

When it ships. But Konami style doesn't accept foreign credit cards though.

fuck that small arm.

fuck.

Who wants that when theres a full sized one that can hold your Dualshock?!

Who makes the decision that the big arm wont come out in US? because fuck them.
They had more important things to spend money on, like, clothing lines, shoes and watches. :/

In what universe is that hand 1/2 scale of the big one.
Big arm is about 24in tall, baby arm is about 12in tall. It's half scale.

In addition to the date, Amazon.com's finally got the correct cover art up for the Day One Edition. Snagged the Japan Limited edition off PlayAsia as I'm not too keen on getting the arm.

Since Asian SKUs haven't been announced yet, hoping they have a tier without the arm like Japan. Useful for those who want it in English and want the art book.

PerZona

fuck. :(
do you know how to order from there, by any chance. ?

i'm sorry i'm asking you so many questions.
Only option is asking a Japanese person to help you...or maybe tenso can help. Tenso has a buying service as well I think.

In addition to the date, Amazon.com's finally got the correct cover art up for the Day One Edition. Snagged the Japan Limited edition off PlayAsia as I'm not too keen on getting the arm.

Since Asian SKUs haven't been announced yet, hoping they have a tier without the arm like Japan. Useful for those who want it in English and want the art book.

Singapore and Hong Kong has already announced the premium editions and the limited edition PS4, and it's the same with both NA and Europe counterparts. The half scale bionic arm version.

Shy

Only option is asking a Japanese person to help you...or maybe tenso can help. Tenso has a buying service as well I think.
really. ! ? i didn't know that.
it's not available to the mo. :(

thank you, and sorry i've bugging you with all my questions.

In what universe is that hand 1/2 scale of the big one.

It's literally half scale, because it's half the length, half the width and half the depth of the big one. That means it's only one-eighth the actual size (or volume), though.

Holy shit! The collectors edition is $250 in Australia! And I was just on my way to pre order it too :(

Looks like it's EB exclusive, too, so no chance of a non-ludicrous price anywhere else. Can't believe they're trying to sell just the regular game for $109, either, even at other stores. Hopefully Big W or one of the others will come through with a deal before September.

Singapore and Hong Kong has already announced the premium editions and the limited edition PS4, and it's the same with both NA and Europe counterparts. The half scale bionic arm version.

No art book then? Ouch. Oh well. Thanks a ton for the heads up. Time to apply some pressure on my local indie store to arrange a few deals.

hirokazu

Looks like it's EB exclusive, too, so no chance of a non-ludicrous price anywhere else.
It's on JB's site too, same price. I don't get the logic here, €99 is less the AU$140 and US$99 is less than AU$130. How did they justify almost doubling the EU price?!

Alebrije

These treads of collectors editions just make me "cry" , the opportunity of get one of these is like CERO in places like Mexico , specially one from MGS.

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
Hopefully this is AU too as this will be my first disc game for PS4 (plus I'll buy it digital aswell lol)

Just preordered ☺

Hubble

I am disappoiinted in the Collectors Edition contents. I will not be buying.

I do like how the standard edition comes with a map a lot.

Ein Bear

To be honest, I prefer the smaller arm we're getting anyway. The full-scale one is really cool, but I wouldn't really want something that massive around the house.

DesuNe

To be honest, I prefer the smaller arm we're getting anyway. The full-scale one is really cool, but I wouldn't really want something that massive around the house.
You could frame it and mount it on the wall. Alternatively you can use it as a prosthetic when you inevitably lose your arm in a gaming related accident.

SJRB

Gold Member

I agree. I can somewhat explain why I have a small robotic arm on my desk next to this tiny bipedal mech tank [I have a tiny Metal Gear Zeke on my desk as well], but a huge 1:1-scale arm just looks fucking weird.

Its just a shame that we are only getting a toy-ish version of the hand. If it where the full life sized replica, i would probably buy it in a heartbeat.

Top Bottom