• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V Day one and Collectors editions announced

wiibomb

you guys don't think this will be one of those stupid "only from konami store" shenanigans.. right... right?

EDIT: US, of course

XAL

Something like that would've (or should've?) been handled before the reveal.

True. Maybe the talks ran longer or both sites are getting a variant of the CE and they're hashing out the alt's details before putting them up so one retailer doesn't get a jump on sales over the other?

That's my only guess because there is no reason to delay CE preordering across all US retail unless something in the backroom is holding it up.

careksims

True. Maybe the talks ran longer or both sites are getting a variant of the CE and they're hashing out the alt's details before putting them up so one retailer doesn't get a jump on sales over the other?

Ugh that would suck if Gamestop got the better CE over Amazon. I don't want to deal with them. I have Amazon Prime dammit! XD

That's my only guess because there is no reason to delay CE preordering across all US retail unless something in the backroom is holding it up.
Whatever it is, I'm sure the consumer gets screwed.

Alienous

STOP BUMPING THIS THREAD UNTIL ITS PREORDERABLE!

kqz1pzs.gif

wiibomb

It is up for pre-order here in the UK at GAME

[URL="http://www.game.co.uk/en/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-collectors-edition-only-at-game-503202]PS4 CE[/URL]

[URL="http://www.game.co.uk/en/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-collectors-edition-only-at-game-502901]XBOX ONE CE[/URL]

I have just ordered it for my PS4.

it has been since yesterday...

not in US yet, that is the problem..

Why not offer the full size hand replica CE? I would of love the collectors edition to include some of the Metal Gear x Puma clothing that was included with Ground Zero in Japan.

Ephemeris

Why not offer the full size hand replica CE? I would of love the collectors edition to include some of the Metal Gear x Puma clothing that was included with Ground Zero in Japan.

Ugh tell me about it.

Took this pic at E3 last year and really wished it made its way stateside. (Shoutout to Ken at KojiPro rocking the dopeness!)

thats a big ass arm D:

i bet the pre orders will happen tomorrow since i'll be at pax east, i am bad luck at things like this :p , i hope i can get a pre order

LoveCake

How hard is it for NA retailers to put up the damn preorder?

It is most likely a issue with the retailers, some will be offering other versions with retailer exclusive DLC etc some may get a retailer specific Special Edition, here in the UK Game is nearly always the default for the top editions, not sure about the USA i hear a lot about GameStop so i suppose it would be them, but there is Walmart, Bestbuy etc you have loads of places in the USA here in the UK there is only a few places with the capacity to enable them to go to a publisher to get the top editions.

Bah as always GAME canceled my order, my only chance is this coming to amazon or I'm out of luck... D:

Why would they do that?

Top Bottom