• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V Day one and Collectors editions announced

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
What an underwhelming CE. Of all the possibilities we get a robo arm? What the fuck am I gonna do with it, jerk off?

Betty

Banned
What an underwhelming CE. Of all the possibilities we get a robo arm? What the fuck am I gonna do with it, jerk off?

image.php

SKINNER!

Banned
how good are GAME when it comes to shipping pre-orders?

I've not had any problems with pre-bankruptcy GAME. Definitely delivers faster than Zavvi that's for sure.

EDIT: Bigger arm does look better but I'm happy with the smaller one :)

I'm not gonna even think about how much the customs tax would be to bring it into the UK let alone how much the actual JP CE costs.

SKINNER!

Banned
The price is the problem. £60 at best, £70 at worst would be reasonable.

£100 would have been reasonable for the big arm.

Isn't £99 just the RRP price? Isn't there a chance it might be reduced by approx £10?

I still can't bring myself to look at the original reciept for my Metal Gear Rising CE (Raiden figure) that I picked up from Zavvi after I saw it discounted 6 months later

£289 for the PS3 Konami Style edition on that Nin Nin site bought, I will probably give the game away for free if anyone wants it, I am playing PS4/PC but really wanted that giant arm.

NateDog

£289 for the PS3 Konami Style edition on that Nin Nin site bought, I will probably give the game away for free if anyone wants it, I am playing PS4/PC but really wanted that giant arm.

Dude if you're sure I'd love to get the game from you if you're sure you don't want it. I'd at the very least pay you for postage. I really do want the Japanese copy but can't really afford both.

SolidSnake305

Neo Member
I go to sleep late waiting for preorders for the JP Premium Package I wake up and now only PlayAsia has it, I said screw it I bought it from PlayAsia.

Dude if you're sure I'd love to get the game from you if you're sure you don't want it. I'd at the very least pay you for postage. I really do want the Japanese copy but can't really afford both.

Yup, no promises though. After all I dunno if I should trust Nin Nin, never heard of them but I won't be playing on the PS3, I can't trade it in to local shops and Ebay selling always seems risky so the game and the exclusive DLC might as well just be given away.

Remind me closer to the time.

NateDog

Yup, no promises though. After all I dunno if I should trust Nin Nin, never heard of them but I won't be playing on the PS3, I can't trade it in to local shops and Ebay selling always seems risky so the game and the exclusive DLC might as well just be given away.

Remind me closer to the time.

Of course, and thank you so much! I used to buy from Nin-Nin all the time, they're good people although they can be a bit dodgy when it comes to getting a hold of them for a query at times, but apart from that I have always had good service with them and haven't had any issues with my orders. Thanks again!

This was always a PS3/360 gen game. It is a cross-generation game. It's been in development for a very long time, and considering the fact that it has been actively promoted since 2012, Kojima prod. was clearly stretching itself to port the game over to the current PS4/X1 gen.

It seems so massive and pretty though. It amazes me that they can get it running on 2005 hardware.

nOoblet16

No Shinikawa artwork ?
Also when I buy the CE I expect the game's casing to not be similar to the standard edition, steelbook or bust !

Nattan

Prices in Finland for the CE are just stupid. I have spotted it in 4 stores now and one has it at 160€ and other at 199€. The other two haven't listed the price yet.

Edit: that 199€ is thankfully a placeholder.

No Shinikawa artwork ?
Also when I buy the CE I expect the game's casing to not be similar to the standard edition, steelbook or bust !

I'm hoping for a reversible box art like ground zeroes.

I actually don't mind getting regular game cases with CEs. Makes it easier to put in my Bookcase, and then display the other packaging.

Mindwipe

I have no room for an arm, and the japes I could use the full size one for aren't worth the money to import.

But holy hell, that special edition PS4 is very attractive. It's restrained and classy. Great stuff.

That baby-sized bionic arm is going to look creepy as hell.

Yeah. But to be fair, having a full size fake arm in your house is just as weird. This whole collectors edition for 5 is kinda of a let down.

FYI. People looking for a 8x10 Shinkawa lithograph should look out for the collectors strategy guide for MGS5. MGS4 and MGRising both had a matching white lithograph of the protagonist.

Tom_Cody

Yeah. But to be fair, having a full size fake arm in your house is just as weird. This whole collectors edition for 5 is kinda of a let down.

FYI. People looking for a 8x10 Shinkawa lithograph should look out for the collectors strategy guide for MGS5. MGS4 and MGRising both had a matching white lithograph of the protagonist.
I was just making a joke. I actually think the set looks cool.

Good tip, thanks.

With or without that litograph Collector's Edition Guides in general are way better value Collector's items than what is bundled with the games these days. That kind of chunky hard cover book is what I want every CE to have with it...except themed on art, story and making of info. rather than strategy.

Nibel

It's so weird how there was Shinkawa MGSV art used in so many magazines yet for their own product they stick to renders.
wtzgU.gif

Jingo

Its kinda stupid they made two different arms for this, why do this and why the descrimination? I just cant understand, arent we all the same, living EU, US OR JP?

Well, guess the standard version it is.

Good tip, thanks.

With or without that litograph Collector's Edition Guides in general are way better value Collector's items than what is bundled with the games these days. That kind of chunky hard cover book is what I want every CE to have with it...except themed on art, story and making of info. rather than strategy.

Heres the two we got in North America. Not my pictures, but i do have both and they look pretty sweet in person. But yeah totally, the Collectors edition guides for any game these days is more appealing to me than most of the collectors editions for the games themselves, with all the extra artwork and litho stuff.

Heres the two we got in North America. Not my pictures, but i do have both and they look pretty sweet in person. But yeah totally, the Collectors edition guides for any game these days is more appealing to me than most of the collectors editions for the games themselves, with all the extra artwork and litho stuff.

Beautiful, whichever idiot decided to put renders on the covers needs a slap.

Top Bottom