• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V Day one and Collectors editions announced

I don't even want the Red "Biggie Arm", they look ridiculous. I would had loved to have a Venom Snake sculpted figure.

there will be a Real Action Heroes figure of Venomsnake later down the line for sure. It will cost about 300$ though :D

K908098DG_07.jpg

Loakum

Banned
If amazon and gamestop won't have this available for pre order today, I'm starting to think it's ONLY a Game exclusive internationally. That would suck the sweat off a dead man's dick, if that's true.

there will be a Real Action Heroes figure of Venomsnake later down the line for sure. It will cost about 300$ though :D

K908098DG_07.jpg

I'll buy that the instant it's available! Thanx for posting that info!

If you really need the Japanese premium edition, sign up for Tenso.com now if you haven't already, and make sure you get your account approved (you need to send them proof of ID and address because of Japanese law, this can be done simply by uploading an image to their site, they will review it and approve your account if the documents are OK*).

Once your account is approved, you get your own Japanese address that you will be able to use when pre-orders go up at the Konamistyle website. Obviously you will have to fill in everything in Japanese, so use google translate or something.

Are you aware if Tenso and Konami Style accept UK credit or debit cards? Also, I read on the Tenso website that "We cannot accept products purchased with cash/collect on delivery or credit card payment on delivery services (such as e-Collect) as the payment method." Does this mean I can't use a credit card to pay when ordering from Konami Style?

Miburou

Are you aware if Tenso and Konami Style accept UK credit or debit cards? Also, I read on the Tenso website that "We cannot accept products purchased with cash/collect on delivery or credit card payment on delivery services (such as e-Collect) as the payment method." Does this mean I can't use a credit card to pay when ordering from Konami Style?

Tenso does accept international credit cards (they are a forwarding company after all), but I'm not sure about Konami style. Actually I'd be interested in knowing if they do or not, since I might buy the premium edition myself.

If you want Venom Snake there're Play Arts Kai, Nendoroid, Revolmini (Revoltech) and scale figure from Union Creative.
And also Hot Toys will be making figures from Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain too.
I just ordered the Revolmini, still debating whether I should cash out for the Play Arts Kai one. :>

Parad0x

Neo Member
Amazon has updated the cover image for MGS5 on the NA Amazon... sooo, based on that im assuming we can expect the Day 1/Special/Collectors editions to start popping up soon.

Parad0x

Neo Member
Ahhh, didnt realize that... was asleep during that time... Sitting in a Netapp class and just noticed the different cover front.

VulpX

Will this be exactly the same as the English version or are some things going to be in German? How it usually goes with CEs like these in Germany?
I´d like to know this too. Have this version from Amazon.de preordered, but I would really like a cover without huge ugly USK printing or German language on it.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Will this be exactly the same as the English version or are some things going to be in German? How it usually goes with CEs like these in Germany?

I´d like to know this too. Have this version from Amazon.de preordered, but I would really like a cover without huge ugly USK printing or German language on it.

If you were refering to the description on the box, it will be in german. The game itself should have multi-language options. However they didn't bother to print a reversible cover for the german Ground Zeroes.. dont know about Phantom Pain. Collectors Edition should contain the normal plastic box case and the steelbook case. The plastic case will have a USK logo on the front side

2E8lW6I.png

Nattan

Åesop;154847959 said:
If you were refering to the description on the box, it will be in german. The game itself should have multi-language options. However they didn't bother to print a reversible cover for the german Ground Zeroes.. dont know about Phantom Pain. Collectors Edition should contain the normal plastic box case and the steelbook case. The plastic case will have a USK logo on the front side

Thanks for clearing that up.

Still nothing......I'm starting to get a REAL bad feeling about this...
If you're worried about obtaining a North American version of the CE, it should appearing at retailers sometime soon. When you check out the English product page of the official Phantom Pain website, it features the game with an ESRB rating as common with American releases. I guess Konami is simply taking their time with making it available as it isn't even accessible for pre-order through that page either.

Both arms look great, but the small one is reminiscent of this:

Dwarf-Gekkos.JPG

Still nothing......I'm starting to get a REAL bad feeling about this...

Don't worry, there's tons of time between now and September, so Konami are probably not in a rush and it's just taking a bit longer to find a partner in NA.

Rajang

I'm from the Netherlands and I have no idea how to get my hands the EU Collector's Edition.

I see Amazon Germany CE is available but I don't want German language on the game, I want it in English.

VulpX

Åesop;154847959 said:

2E8lW6I.png
Thanks for clearing that up!

I'm from the Netherlands and I have no idea how to get my hands the EU Collector's Edition.

I see Amazon Germany CE is available but I don't want German language on the game, I want it in English.
I'm Dutch too, and I've been checking sites like bol.com and Nedgame since yesterday, but so far no indication of any CE. So I ordered the German CE, although I would prefer an English cover too. But hey, better safe than sorry.
Bol.com had the Day One edition up now btw, so who knows what will happen in the coming days...

IzzyF3

I'm a bit anxious too. With mega CE's like Arkham Knight The Order completely selling out, I really want to get this ordered and out of the way.

VulpX

Will Amazon ship to the Netherlands if I buy the American version? (whenever that version is available)
Yes.

You could try GAME in the UK too. Although I read that they won't ship to the continent due to weight limitations.

BTW, if you order from Amazon US, keep in mind you'll have to pay import fees, tax and shipping costs. It'll probably be north of a 140 euros.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.

K908098DG_07.jpg

Does Venom Snake wear a bandana?

Also this figure looks like a cross of Willem Dafoe and Dolph Lundgren

Rajang

Yes.

You could try GAME in the UK too. Although I read that they won't ship to the continent due to weight limitations.

BTW, if you order from Amazon US, keep in mind you'll have to pay import fees, tax and shipping costs. It'll probably be north of a 140 euros.

You really think it would cost a total of 152 dollars to ship to the Netherlands?

Top Bottom