• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V Day one and Collectors editions announced

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Ouch so total from Game.UK in U.S.D is $165 didnt know itd be that much.

I'm confused here.

IOhzbR7.png

this translates to $113.84 USD

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
My Paypal total states $1 usd = 65 GBP:/

Edit:I do see 104GBP equals $113USD as of today, any idea why im having to pay $165 from US?

Ah, crap. I was converting Euros not GBP. Oops. It's actually $157.80

Hopefully I'll get one of the NA versions when they're available.

Loakum

Banned
If you're worried about obtaining a North American version of the CE, it should appearing at retailers sometime soon. When you check out the English product page of the official Phantom Pain website, it features the game with an ESRB rating as common with American releases. I guess Konami is simply taking their time with making it available as it isn't even accessible for pre-order through that page either.

Thanx. I'm mainly hoping for Gamestop to get it because I already have it pre ordered/paid in full. That way, I can simply call them to upgrade it to the collector's edition without having to make the drive up there.

HLaJxHj.jpg

Jingo

Thanx. I'm mainly hoping for Gamestop to get it because I already have it pre ordered/paid in full. That way, I can simply call them to upgrade it to the collector's edition without having to make the drive up there.

HLaJxHj.jpg

Wow, love to have the money for all that :D

I can't believe EB in Canada was the first NA retailer to put it up.

I preordered in store today.

I wish I could get the full scale JPN one but I don't know how to do that.

HLaJxHj.jpg

That's what I did, too. They told me once it's available, they'll just switch it over right away with a call.

hirokazu

Goddamn it, Amazon.de says they won't ship this to Australia on checkout. D:

Any other options for me to get the EU version?

If I get the US one I'd have to buy Ground Zeroes again but US version. :/

Anyone have a good website to order the Premium Edition? Apparently, Konami style won't accept foreign credit cards. I was going to ship it to a friend, then he would ship it to me.

SolidSnake305

Neo Member
Thanks Shy, I just submitted a to get a quote I already have a PlayAsia and a Nin Nin preorder but if I can snag one directly that would be the best.

ZeroX03

Banned
Amazon.com planning on stocking the Collector's Edition? No fucking way am I paying $250AUD. $100USD I can do otherwise it's digital.

PerZona

$250 for that has to be the worst value CE of all time unless you have some sort of arm statue fetish.

Well there's people like me think that is worth collecting MGS related goods, huge fan of MGS here. I even spent $499 each on both 1/48 REX and RAY figurine that's by 3A Toys.

Although I got to agree paying $250 for a CE that consists just a bionic arm is really expensive. But...priorities!

MrMatt555

Step 1: reserve the day 1 edition standard at Gamestop for a minimum of $25 (minimum for collector's editions)
step 2: let the game stop manager know when they get notified of the CE'a availability to transfer the previous pre-order to the CE.

Step 1: reserve the day 1 edition standard at Gamestop for a minimum of $25 (minimum for collector's editions)
step 2: let the game stop manager know when they get notified of the CE'a availability to transfer the previous pre-order to the CE.

I did this today at the suggestion of one of the employees. He was very helpful.

We're all going to feel stupid when the US CE finally goes up for preorder and its available for the next two weeks. The UK CE has been available to preorder since it went up 3 days ago.

packy34

Will do this tomorrow. Thanks.

Finalow

Isn't it 99€ on Game?
nope, it's £99.99. which is like 130-140€. :|

Ouch so total from Game.UK in U.S.D is $165 didnt know itd be that much.
pretty much.

they should fucking see by now that their price isn't correct.

amazon.de still has the CE. any idea if everything was written in german? I guess I can live with that if I can save 40€, still with some games that I got from amazon.fr almost everything was in english.

Loakum

Banned
I just got off the phone with a manager at my local ( United States) Gamestop, they still don't have The Collector's Edition of MGSV The Phantom Pain, available for pre order, but they did get a email saying it should be in their system by Monday. He said the email explained the basic, minimum $25 deposit for those that want to pre order the Collector's Edition. Looks like the wait is over this Monday.

speiky

I just got off the phone with a manager at my local ( United States) Gamestop, they still don't have The Collector's Edition of MGSV The Phantom Pain, available for pre order, but they did get a email saying it should be in their system by Monday. He said the email explained the basic, minimum $25 deposit for those that want to pre order the Collector's Edition. Looks like the wait is over this Monday.

EB Canada used to have the minimum payment for Collector's Editions back in the day. They got rid of it. I'm surprised you guys still have it.
I paid 10$ just cause lol

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Is that really an artbook in the japanese CE? I was quite sure its just a single artwork. Can someone translate what it actually says?

lB7uJtW.png

Loakum

Banned
EB Canada used to have the minimum payment for Collector's Editions back in the day. They got rid of it. I'm surprised you guys still have it.
I paid 10$ just cause lol

Yeah we definitely still have them. If the Collector's Edition is over $150, then you have to pay a $50. When I pre ordered my PS4, I had to put own a $100 deposit. The best thing about amazon is you can pre order items and won't be charged until the item ships. That's how I have the Collector's editions of Bloodborne and the Import Collector's Edition of Mortal Kombat X pre ordered.

Åesop;154978195 said:
Is that really an artbook in the japanese CE? I was quite sure its just a single artwork. Can someone translate what it actually says?

lB7uJtW.png

アートブック Yes, it's an artbook.

Top Bottom