• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V Day one and Collectors editions announced

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Damn.. Nin Nin must be like

ComputerMoney.gif

With everything included from Nin Nin for the PS4 version was $387.29 USD for me. Shipping alone is close to $100

I got pretty much the same thing shipping to the US. And I chose the cheapest shipping option. This will be the most expensive thing I've ever shipped into the US. I'm looking forward to it.

The artbook that comes in the Japanese Premium Package and Special Edition looks to be the size of the game case [akin to what Konami did for the MGS Legacy Collection's artbook and how it fit neatly inside the sleeve].

Same thing happening here I would wager.

The artbook that comes in the Japanese Premium Package and Special Edition looks to be the size of the game case [akin to what Konami did for the MGS Legacy Collection's artbook and how it fit neatly inside the sleeve].

Same thing happening here I would wager.

I'm hoping, and almost certain, the art book would be similar in size of the HD Collection's.
mgs_hd_collection_limited_edition.jpg

And let's not forget the Japanese HD Collection which boasted an art book spanning the trilogy (The US/EU art book only had art for 2, 3 and Peace Walker) with a whopping 450 pages!
premium.jpg

Judging from this, I am expected to believe that the Japanese Premium Package's art book will be much more extraordinarily elaborate.

NateDog

Will all the first run of copies be Day One editions? On Amazon UK it doesn't mention anything about the DLC items.

I want to know about this too, seems a bit weird no updates have appeared in terms of the DO Edition, I want to order it with a local online retailers since I'll definitely get it early but I want to see if every first print is this or not.

Big_Boss9293

Neo Member
lol, thank goodness for pre orders. They're the only way I can afford my collector's edition addiction.

You should look into using Best Buy and the GCU membership (costs $30). It takes off 20% off any games/editions. So for example the MGSV collectors edition will be $80 instead of $100. Also for some games, they give you a $10 reward certificate (kinda like a gift card) for pre-ordering...

You would save LOTS of money considering how many games you preordered xD

For people ordering the UK Premium edition from GAME, I've had issues with them cancelling orders on me at the last minute because the package was suddenly too heavy to ship internationally, and that was for much smaller looking packages than that.

Loakum

Banned
You should look into using Best Buy and the GCU membership (costs $30). It takes off 20% off any games/editions. So for example the MGSV collectors edition will be $80 instead of $100. Also for some games, they give you a $10 reward certificate (kinda like a gift card) for pre-ordering...

You would save LOTS of money considering how many games you preordered xD

Thanx, I may just do that. I buy on average 5 collector's editions a year. This year, I'm already over that amount....7 so far (counting MGSVTPP).

i've been watching gamestop.com like a hawk

Same here, but I have a feeling Monday will finally be the day. The manager at my local gamestop has been very dependable with his info through the years.

Thanx, I may just do that. I buy on average 5 collector's editions a year. This year, I'm already over that amount....7 so far.

Same here, but I have a feeling Monday will finally be the day. The manager at my local gamestop has been very dependable with his info through the years.

Not been following, so I must ask. Any place to pre order a digital copy

Tried to search the thread... am I the only one that's a bit pissed off about the 2 week delay until the steam launch?

I'm also worried it won't run as well as Ground Zeroes...

Big_Boss9293

Neo Member
So does this mean store.sony ?

Pretty much that Sony has the say where the console gets released, not Konami/Kojima.

So it would be cool if we started a Twitter thing or something to show Sony guys (Shu? Adam Boyes? I don't know) that we want this console in the West.

LQX

Ugh, I hope they are not looking to pull a Nintendo on us. You can preorder this thing damn near everywhere else but the USA so I hope it does not sell out within minutes.

Mostly because the environments are bigger, and more populated with wildlife/foliage/weather effects, etc. GZ is just one level, with mostly buildings; nothing like what was shown in the jungle demo. And I already lose frames during the main mission, from the rain. I think it'll run, but not at the settings I have when I play GZ.

sjay1994

Are you guys looking for the US CE or the JP Premium package?

Cuz you can pre order the US CE from ebgames (canada) and gamestop websites right now.

Not sure about amazon, bestbuy,etc tho.

I'm not jumping on it because ebgames.ca is terrible.

JayEH

Are you guys looking for the US CE or the JP Premium package?

Cuz you can pre order the US CE from ebgames (canada) and gamestop websites right now.

Not sure about amazon, bestbuy,etc tho.

I'm not jumping on it because ebgames.ca is terrible.

can't be pre ordered from gamestop.com

Let's hope Monday. Fingers crossed for Best Buy pre orders. I really wanted this game on PC originally, but I'm thinking for online play PS4 will have a much healthier player base.

Mostly because the environments are bigger, and more populated with wildlife/foliage/weather effects, etc. GZ is just one level, with mostly buildings; nothing like what was shown in the jungle demo. And I already lose frames during the main mission, from the rain. I think it'll run, but not at the settings I have when I play GZ.

Ah okay, I gotcha. Yeah, it will probably be more demanding.

Top Bottom