• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil 6 Info: Splitscreen, Co-Op/Online Info, Run/Fire, Demo, Ash/Sherry?

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
I think you're going to pick a scenario to go through similar to older RE games and not jump from character to character.

that's all well and good, but even in that case the settings look so different that they appear to be totally separate games. in theory that sounds great--"three whole different games with unique settings!"--but if that's so there's just no way those scenarios will be as meaty as i'm hoping. i would much rather they focus on one character and if they want more scenarios do much smaller stories for them, 2-4 hour things like operation ada.

at least if the scenarios seemed to intersect more and visit the same locales i would feel more optimistic, as that would give the game a RE2 feel, as i think you're implying. that is potentially great, but at a glance that's not what is being made here.

that's all well and good, but even in that case the settings look so different that they appear to be totally separate games. in theory that sounds great--"three whole different games with unique settings!"--but if that's so there's just no way those scenarios will be as meaty as i'm hoping. i would much rather they focus on one character and if they want more scenarios do much smaller stories for them, 2-4 hour things like operation ada.

at least if the scenarios seemed to intersect more and visit the same locales i would feel more optimistic, as that would give the game a RE2 feel, as i think you're implying. that is potentially great, but at a glance that's not what is being made here.

Chris and new guy definately seem to share locations in the trailer. Not sure about Leon though.

Eliciel

It looks like a completely different approach with more shooter like elements. Maybe they're leaving the survival horror completely now (what they already did with RE 5) and entering the horror shooter genre..I mean there are also beat 'em up elements in it..so let's see

As long as it is properly done I'm in.

ArjanN

Well, RE4 basically had three main locales as well in the town, the castle and the island. I'm guessing the rumored 4th scenario with Ada could probably have you revisiting locations. from the other campaigns.

IMO it really depends on the execution on how well they link the scenarios together, so it's not just: here's a level in China, here's a snow level, here's a lava level etc.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
9W6QT.png

Cannot unsee.

That logo has been photoshopped a bit, and I'm not quite sure why. They could have not and it still would have looked like that.

Cimarron

Great news! I am glad that they left co-op in. I liked Sheva. I hope you can't run and gun. They series is already not scary anymore. At least stopping and shooting ads tension.

kunonabi

If you really want to run and shoot there is Deep Fear for the Saturn. Actually worked really and I'm surprised nobody has really copied it as far as I know.

No Wesker in RE6:The Mercenaries is TRAGIC. "Alex Wesker" better be a suitable replacement... but we know that can't be.

"YOU WILL GIVE ME AN EGG."

A friend of mine used to just spam the voice requests until he'd get his way.

"IT WAS IN YOUR BEST INTEREST TO ASSIST ME!"

SkylineRKR

wut about dat tension

Upgrade the AI along with it.

In RE4 and 5 they were tailored to keep with the tank controls. They would run at you, and then stop to give you time to respond.

If they attack on sight and can take quite a beating, then the tension is there even with move 'n shoot controls.

Anteater

I think adding in a dodge and heavy damage enemies would certainly help the tension, could also replace those QTE attacks.

Mr_Zombie

duk

Banned
not gonna read through entire thread and didn't see it in the OP

can u move and shoot at the same time?

rataplein

the resident evil 5 "virtual camera" created something weird: incredible polished cutscenes in the game. it's one of it understimated factors.

Carbonox

http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201201200059/

According to rough translations from this article (on the 20th mind you, so I'm probably late on this), it suggests that Leon is blamed for the death of the President and is the subject of a manhunt. Thanks to the BioHaze community for raising this (as that's where I first saw this referenced).

If so, that's a pretty bold move.

Additionally, the bioterrorists timed their attack on the President during the time he wanted to reveal to the world the truth about Raccoon City. This suggests to me that the Global Pharmaceutical Consortium was responsible for it due to the possibility that their name would have been thrown out by the President, along with Umbrella, etc. as they aren't 100% clean.

http://residentevil.wikia.com/Global_Pharmaceutical_Consortium

If they do this as well, that's another big move. Suits the global nature of Resident Evil 6 with shit severely hitting the fan. All the biggest players getting involved. I mean, how could they possibly hope to top this with a sequel if they go down the route of complete global saturation? :lol

RPGCrazied

Has it been said if 6 is using 5's engine? I hope not, or at least upgraded. RE 5 on the PS3 is rough around the edges. Usually no anti-alasing. 2x maybe? It's defiantly jaggy.

PerZona

Has it been said if 6 is using 5's engine? I hope not, or at least upgraded. RE 5 on the PS3 is rough around the edges. Usually no anti-alasing. 2x maybe? It's defiantly jaggy.

I think after 3 years since RE5 they should have made some major changes with the engine. I doubt it will look badly like in RE5 with the PS3. I have a feeling that this time round there won't be much difference between the PS3 and 360 versions. Maybe the PS3 is the lead platform this time round?

RPGCrazied

I think after 3 years since RE5 they should have made some major changes with the engine. I doubt it will look badly like in RE5 with the PS3. I have a feeling that this time round there won't be much difference between the PS3 and 360 versions. Maybe the PS3 is the lead platform this time round?

You could be right. I find it odd, in RE 5, the cutscenes looked better than the actually game itself. I was reading some face off stuff, and its like, the engine turns on stuff like AA and other effects, making the image better looking.

You should have died, CHRIS. Why did you do that, CHRIS?! You're persistent, CHRIS! CHRIS CHRISCHRISISHRSIS

/shoots Wesker

/shoots self

PerZona

You could be right. I find it odd, in RE 5, the cutscenes looked better than the actually game itself. I was reading some face off stuff, and its like, the engine turns on stuff like AA and other effects, making the image better looking.

Heh true, I realised when it comes to cutscenes the graphics (lighting especially) becomes much better. But overall i feel RE5 graphics is still pretty good anyway, so not much issues there.

Mr_Zombie

It is using the same engine (almost all internal Capcom games use MT Framework engine this gen) but it will be a more recent version of the engine.

Jackpot

Banned
Xbox World are claiming to have the inside scoop on the game.

• RE6 was first shown at TGS2011
  • Leon's Tall Oaks campaign has a castle in it
  • Has it been mentioned the director is Eiichiro Sasaki who did File 1 and File 2?
  • Leon faces zombies whilst Chris faces Las Plagas type enemies
  • They also say the girl is Ashley Graham

But they also say the leak from TGS was real so I don't really know how true it is.
http://www.1up.com/news/resident-evil-6-trailer-fake

Davey Cakes

Oh no, don't you dare
So you'd like "run and shoot" instead?

Do you even want a Resident Evil game?

A couple of hours into Resident Evil: Revelations and it's already a better RE game than RE5. It merely has "move and shoot" and yet in the grand scheme that capability hardly matters.

This is what's looking like a problem for RE6. The more Capcom puts in segments where players would have the desire to run and gun, the more they're failing the franchise. The military shooter shit needs to GTFO. Hopefully they find some way to not make it a drag. Leon's campaign still looks like the only one worth getting excited over, if it reflects the general direction of Revelations, which is a good mix of new mechanics and old atmosphere.

Top Bottom