• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil 6 Info: Splitscreen, Co-Op/Online Info, Run/Fire, Demo, Ash/Sherry?

Beth Cyra

Leon needs to keep his hair because its very identifiable. Compare it to the new hero who just has a shaved head. Man, I miss the 90s!

I'm really worried that Leon will lose his charm. RE4 Leon is the best character in the RE series.

See I hope they do exactly this. I loved Leon in RE2 and couldn't stand what they did with him in RE4.

Granted he doesn't need to be exactly like Degen, but the more serious Leon without the retarded one liners is what I always wanted from him in 4.

Alex

Sounds great, so far, like that it's back to darker but keeping co-op mechanics, cover is kind of lame though but thank god for move and shoot.

kunonabi

See I hope they do exactly this. I loved Leon in RE2 and couldn't stand what they did with him in RE4.

Granted he doesn't need to be exactly like Degen, but the more serious Leon without the retarded one liners is what I always wanted from him in 4.

yeah I prefer old RE2 Leon as well. I mean he should be changed man post re2 but the smug kung fu, smart ass, one-liner machine was too much.

kunonabi

I like both the RE4 and RE6 Leons. I think more important is they keep his corny but endearing humor intact.

The only redesign I really don't like is Jill's in Revelations. Its like the opposite of RE5/6 Chris/Leon in that they made her more traditionally feminine with a rounder face and a slimmer nose.

Resident-evil-revelations-jill-valentine-cutscenes-1024x642.jpg

I think she looks like a little girl now, can't say I'm a fan

Jill hasn't a good design since RE3 and the REmake. RE5 Jill looked more like Fiona or Nina Williams than she did Jill.

A.I. partner = no buy. Resident Evil is a terrible series to shoehorn multiplayer into, especially when it inevitably comes at the expense of the single player experience. Operation Raccoon Shitty really should have been the receptacle for all their stupid online ambitions.

They began softening her features in MvC3, sans the nose

Jill-Valentine-Marvel-vs-Capcom-Gameplay-Video-Screens.jpg

Look like they went all the way in with Revelations.

Men are now more manly, females now look more feminine is the name of the game for Capcom.

TheBear

RE6 is getting me hyped I must say. What's the best way to play the DLC from RE5? Did they ever become available for PC?

tenz0r

RE6 is getting me hyped I must say. What's the best way to play the DLC from RE5? Did they ever become available for PC?

Never released on PC :(

Best way is to get the Gold Edition. The PS3 version has it on disc, but the 360 will be on a DLC voucher

Unless you already have the normal version on the consoles, the DLC is $4.99 each so that may be a cheaper alternative then buying the game again.

Beth Cyra

I liked the Jill from Umbrella Chronicles when infiltrating the snow base.

Well outside of RE5 and 3 I haven't really minded the Jill designs. I know 5 gets a lot of flack but I would take that over the awful 3 design any day. Just pisses me off those are the two in MVC III, they couldn't give her a even one good design to wear.

Aeonin

Possible 6 player Mercenaries has me so friggin' hyped. AA'd every stage in 5 - just itching to get to some new stages/enemies.

Men are now more manly, females now look more feminine is the name of the game for Capcom.

Revelations Jill looks extremely close to REmake Jill. MvC3 Jill is an abomination though.

tenz0r

All this Jill talk made me think I was in the revelations thread, but then I looked up and realized i was in the RE6 thread so I went back a few pages thinking there was a Jill announcement for RE6, but there was none :(

Not complaining, but yes I agree the BSAA outfit from RE5 was my favorite look for Jill.

Literally nothing I've heard of this game is what I wanted to hear about the next possible iteration of Resident Evil. I didn't like 5, I'm pretty damn sure I'm not going to like 6. That said, I will play it. I'm just not optimistic.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Maybe they changed voice actors?

Satchel

Banned
Why is everyone so confused by 10 years after raccoon city and 2013? Sounds like they'll jump and forth in time showing certain key incidents to me.

Also, moving and shooting being in already makes this the best resident evil. The rest is gravy.

Ithil

Her MVC3 design was horrendous.

It looked absolutely nothing like any of her designs. In the same game Chris and Wesker looked exactly as they did in RE5. Made no sense.

Luthos

Move & shoot? About time.

I'm surprised I'm not seeing a lot of bitching over the cover system. It happened with Max Payne 3 fans.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Is Chris' partner confirmed to be Beards Nevence?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What's the difference between the G-virus and the T-virus?

Vamphuntr

The GAF Cycle for a controversial game reveal :

Some people are amazed/Some are disappointed ->
Those that like the game start to brand everyone that doesn't like it as haters ->
Those that don't like the game complain that those that like the game have low standards ->
Comparisons with all of the other titles in the series ->
Let's blame CoD or another popular blockbuster that sells millions ->
People start posting the same 3-4 pictures/gif/videos/4chan stuff again and again ->
Crazy theories are posted ->
More hate and praise ->
Someone stirs the pot by saying something along the line of "someone will obviously complain about this next" or "GAF is never happy with anything"->
Go back to step 1

Ithil

What's the difference between the G-virus and the T-virus?

T-Virus reanimates dead cells in humans and certain other animals, and also causes growth in some animals and plants. They also mutate, but not massively so (as in unrecognisable).

G-Virus causes massive mutations to the human, which are totally uncontrolled and random, and also neverending. It doesn't reanimate the dead, and the transformed monster will procreate by planting a spawn in another creature.

Snaku

Banned
Move & shoot? About time.

I'm surprised I'm not seeing a lot of bitching over the cover system. It happened with Max Payne 3 fans.

I don't really understand the point of a cover system in Resident Evil. What exactly are you taking cover from? A zombie horde wielding AK-47s?

Technically the T-Virus does more than zombies. It makes giant and/or zombie animals, combined with genetic mutation will create creatures like Hunters and the plant monsters, will mutate zombies into Lickers after enough time has passed, and if the subject has the right genetic makeup they'll become Tyrants (which is what the "T" in T-Virus stands for).

I don't really understand the point of a cover system in Resident Evil. What exactly are you taking cover from? A zombie horde wielding AK-47s?

If you'd played RE5, you'd know this has already happened. (okay they were Majini but close enough)

Top Bottom