• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil 6 Info: Splitscreen, Co-Op/Online Info, Run/Fire, Demo, Ash/Sherry?

LiK

On that note, how populated was Gold RE5?

I dusted off vanilla PS3 RE5 (and the dlc mercenaries), and it was a ghost town.

no idea, i already beat vanilla RE5 when it came out. i bought Gold PS3 ver for the DLC stuff but not until it was on sale for less than $20 last year.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Retailer specific DLC.

Never change, Capcom.

We really need to stop being surprised by this.
If the publisher wants retail marketing in GS, Target, BB, Amazon, etc, they all require exclusive content. The bigger the exclusive content, the more in-store ad space they get. It's the retailers requiring it. It's been this way for a few years now. We need to accept it and stop bemoaning it 'cause it's only going to get more and more prevalent as AAA titles fight for POS space.

Squire

Banned
So I'm guessing a lot of the context-only actions in RE4/5 are being mapped into the controls as regular actions. Now you just take cover on any surface, use CQC whenever, egc. The shoulder buttons will handle gunplay just like Gears, Mass Effect, etc etc. I'm thinking RE4 controls have been nixed.completely.

While I'm at it, unless Cspcom is going to ignore the mechanics of the US government, the president in RE6 cannot be President Graham. Even if 2004 was his first year in office and he got re-elected in 08, by the time RE6 happens, he'd be out of office.

Since Capcom says that ORC FB page is fake, I'm assuming the blonde is indeed Sherry.

‎"Tall Oaks" is the site of a new outbreak in Resident Evil 6. 90% of the population are infected - that's 70,000 zombies in for a bad time... Excited?
This is from the official RE FB page. Could be added in the OP.

Ithil

Even though you can do more with Sherry Birkin since she's been gone so long, I kinda want it to be Ashley.

It's probably neither, but a new character, just to annoy ALL the fans.

Vamphuntr

If they don't take into account the retcon with Sherry in Darkside Chronicles, it could make sense that the blond girl is her if the other guy is a Wesker clone. At one point, Wesker was supposed to have Sherry(Wesker Report) but the ending of the RE2 chapter in DSC made it seems like the governement had her instead.

Famassu

Haven't really read much about the game, so I'm just going to speculate away. If all of this has been suggested by someone else already or even confirmed officially, ignore this.

-Game takes places in 2013 *and* 10 years after Raccoon City (this is conflicting...)
I'm going to guess that of the multiple scenarios the game will have:

1) Leon's will take place the earliest in 2013. He seems to be in some city where the zombie virus has been unleashed again, but it's still a city with "only" 70,000 citizens. Also, the president seems to have been infected, so I'm guessing Leon's story (or at least a large part of it) will be about how this latest zombie apocalypse begun (though, it might not end in the early years)
2) the China stuff is full-blown apocalyptic stuff a couple years later when the zombie virus has spread worldwide. Chris etc. are looking for that one guy who's blood seems to be important (resistant against the zombie virus?)

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
It also looks like Leon isn't the one to shoot the president, and someone comes in and does it for him. Typical didn't see that coming, because Leon doesn't have the heart to shoot.

ilMikhail

Leon is 21 years old in RE2, 27 years old in RE4 , so in RE6 is 36 years old? I think he looks good for a 36 years old man , you people still want a cute young boy ?? , come on ¡¡¡

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Another thing that yanks me from the GT analysis is the fact that they refer to the synaptic nerve junctions in the human brain as 'spider-webs', when it's painfully clear that the T-Virus affects your brain and not the cobwebs in your house.

They also mentioned that the president was perceived as a threat when he decided to announce the true operations of the umbrella corporation, so they had to shut him up, guess they think like me sometimes.

._.

I think Leon's redesign made to appeal more to Western sensibilities, compared to RE4 Leon who's a bishie Japanese pretty boy.

I think he looks manly as fuck. More Holloway, less Gosling.

re1.jpg

Haunted

We've already had the MANLINESS debate a couple pages ago.

Leon is more MANLY now, but at least he's not on roids like Chris was. I did like his previous design more, though.

yeah agreed. i knew something was up when i didn't have an erection while looking at leon.
ducks cant have boners

I think they were going for a DMC4 Dante thing. He's a character that also underwent a redesign to appeal to those Western audiences Capcom loves so much.

928376_20080205_screen007.jpg

Like Leon, they kept his recognizable hair, but they gave him more traditional western action hero features, like light facial hair and a more squared jawline.

The Resident Evil Reboot Leon will probably look like NuDante from DmC. Think about that.

Beth Cyra

I think they were going for a DMC4 Dante thing. He's a character that also underwent a redesign to appeal to those Western audiences Capcom loves so much.

928376_20080205_screen007.jpg

Like Leon, they kept his recognizable hair, but they gave him more traditional western action hero features, like light facial hair and a more squared jawline.

The Resident Evil Reboot Leon will probably look like NuDante from DmC. Think about that.

Can't say I mind. I love new Leon and I loved Dante from DMC 4, not quite as much as 2 but still way better then 1/3.

SMT

Man, I forgot how great capcom modelers are when it comes to the women

Yeah, it looks like she's going to stab me with that nose, and that forehead... :/
images

if they were updating Leon maybe they could have given him a hair cut that hasn't been out of style since the Backstreet Boys were topping the charts.

I like both the RE4 and RE6 Leons. I think more important is they keep his corny but endearing humor intact.

The only redesign I really don't like is Jill's in Revelations. Its like the opposite of RE5/6 Chris/Leon in that they made her more traditionally feminine with a rounder face and a slimmer nose.

Resident-evil-revelations-jill-valentine-cutscenes-1024x642.jpg

I think she looks like a little girl now, can't say I'm a fan

SMT

Jill looks more Japanese in revelations.

6p coop sounds great. Never expected it from this franchise.

Glad to hear that they moved on from the pre-atari mechanics of moving/shooting (lol) but im not sure how I feel about a cover system in a zombie game? Well, can't wait for the demo.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
Can't say I mind. I love new Leon and I loved Dante from DMC 4, not quite as much as 2 but still way better then 1/3.

Me neither. The sooner Japan gets over its androgynous dollface fetish, the better. Though Leon does still look strange, he's like a mishmash of Western facial features and Japanese PerfectHair(TM).

AshMcCool

As far as I see it, the zombie outbreak in that chinese city has not happend yet. BSAA is there to prevent it. We also see Chris is some sort of european looking castle, could be from mercenaries, but my guess is that the BSAA is trying to prevent outbreaks and capture terrorists(maybe even that third protagonist?) around the world in missions that interlude with leons storyline. (Like in MW, you know...)

Jeramii

Banned
I'm super bummed about this whole PC delayed thing. Not surprising from them, but still a real bummer.

I do have a PS3 and a 360, but I'd much rather play on my Asus GTX 570.

I'm super bummed about this whole PC delayed thing. Not surprising from them, but still a real bummer.

I do have a PS3 and a 360, but I'd much rather play on my Asus GTX 570.

Then do what all sensible PC players will do: wait!

Rewarding a retarded decision for a delayed PC version by buying the console version as well is stupid.

Leon needs to keep his hair because its very identifiable. Compare it to the new hero who just has a shaved head. Man, I miss the 90s!

I'm really worried that Leon will lose his charm. RE4 Leon is the best character in the RE series.

I still don't get why they changed her previous Julia Voth face (those eyes :]) into a generic female face.

Me neither. It's been a definitive look for her for a decade now across at least half a dozen games. I think she had a very unique look for female protagonists, and now she looks a bit more like everyone else.

julia-voth-astro-boy-los-angeles-premiere-0TF4Qf.jpg

EaVgS.jpg

Me neither. It's been a definitive look for her for a decade now across at least half a dozen games. I think she had a very unique look for female protagonists, and now she looks a bit more like everyone else.

julia-voth-astro-boy-los-angeles-premiere-0TF4Qf.jpg

EaVgS.jpg
Yeah, the redesign in Revelations looks way too generic in comparison.

Top Bottom