• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Japan Time came on schedule for once!

So this stage sounds a LOT like Mute City from Melee, with the one platform that flies around and then lands at various locales for a short time. Anyone else praying that said platform has grabbable ledges? The ledgeless platform of Mute City makes that level really, really gay for any character who isn't a Peach or a pink puffball when trying to recover.

Geez, people truly aren't satisfied by ANYTHING

I too hope the platform is grabbable because I HATED those moments where I could get back to it, but not at the level (vertically) to land on it and I died

NotWii

Banned
I hope you can hear the natives singing like they do in Mario Kart DS

SHOOM SHOOKA SHOOM SHOOM!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
The level looks very nice. The shadows on the characters in these screenshots do not.

stage02_070601b-l.jpg

stage02_070601d-l.jpg

Danthrax said:
The level looks very nice. The shadows on the characters in these screenshots do not.

I seriously think it's not gonna be an issue in the actual games so people shouldn't be making such a big deal out of it. We've seen screens with shadows, they'll probably be shadows

This stage looks great! Good idea too, and partial confirmation that we'll be seeing new stages for popular characters' GameCube games. WIND WAKER LEVEL AHOY.

And STFU about shadows already, jeez. Who the hell cares about shadows in Smash Bros.?

Danthrax said:

The shadowing on the characters looks fine.

They don't have shadows under them for the same reasons discussed earlier in the thread. And anyways, when the update is about the LEVEL, you're supposed to focus on the level. If there's an update on the shadowing and it sucks, THEN bitch.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
BrodiemanTTR said:
This stage looks great! Good idea too, and partial confirmation that we'll be seeing new stages for popular characters' GameCube games. WIND WAKER LEVEL AHOY.

And STFU about shadows already, jeez. Who the hell cares about shadows in Smash Bros.?

It snaps me out of the realism of it all.

Pretty cool map overall, although I think a Super Mario 64 one would hit home a little better.
Still, I'll hope for more Mario maps in the light of SSBM's Yoshi Island from SMW.

Branduil

Stop complaining about the shadows you guys. Melee had shadows, we've seen pics from this game with shadows, there will be shadows in the final game.

jrricky

Banned
since they are doing stages of recent games the series, i expect stages from starfox adventures + assault, metroidprime 2/3, twilight realm from zelda tp, and some others that i cant think of now.

great update anyways.

Somnid

MasterAJ22 said:
Pretty cool map overall, although I think a Super Mario 64 one would hit home a little better.
Still, I'll hope for more Mario maps in the light of SSBM's Yoshi Island from SMW.

SSBM had 2 directly rooted in SM64 and SSB had one clearly inspired by it. I think the other Mario's deserve a chance.

jrricky said:
since they are doing stages of recent games the series, i expect stages from starfox adventures + assault, metroidprime 2/3, twilight realm from zelda tp, and some others that i cant think of now.

I was JUST about to post that lol. Minus the Starfox Adventures one :lol . Wind Waker should be in too. The cel-shaded aspect could add plenty of cool effects and an awesome trip down memory-lane.

RagnarokX

Man, Delfino Plaza looks awesome. Is that magic paint on the flying platform? (the weird rainbow stuff) Maybe the paint will be a hazzard of the level...

As does the cracker launcher from yesterday...

cracka.jpg

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
stage02_070601c-l.jpg

Are Kirbys feet upgraded? I thought they were ignoring Kirbys model but his feet look rounder. Or maybe its the new lighting.

What will be the gimmick for this stage? You fly to different locations with different terrain but it has to be more than that. I can't think of anything.

Its good to see a new stage though.

Wii said:
I hope you can hear the natives singing like they do in Mario Kart DS

:lol

kamikaze

oh noes! there are no shadows in a game months before release. everyone knows that shadows are always a team's top priority when building a game...if they're not in now, they never will be!!!

jrricky

Banned
there is approximately 160 days left (with the belief that it will come in nov.) and there are over 2000 posts already in less than 14 days. God this thread going to be massive and legendary leading up to this awesome game's release.:)

radiuhm

Loving todays update, man anything that reminds me of Mario Sunshine is fine by me, wonder what music they'll put on this stage, hopefully something upbeat that has that Jamaican vibe.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So they're going to make Delfino Plaza's theme into one of the songs in Brawl, I suppose.

*Tries to imagine what the arrangement will sound like. :lol*

jrricky

Banned
at this rate i suspect that we'll see one new character each month(i.e. the new characters that have already been revealed). I expect atleast a NEW character megaton(if not 2) at e3 and tgs though.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
RiskyChris said:
Nintendo needs to forget Mario Sunshine happened.

True, but still that level looks damn purty. Wonder if there will be any hazards or something.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
FunkyMunkey said:
If you think Smash Bros is supposed to be realistic, then... just wow. :lol

Just like a fish.

Zoramon089 said:
I seriously think it's not gonna be an issue in the actual games so people shouldn't be making such a big deal out of it. We've seen screens with shadows, they'll probably be shadows

BrodiemanTTR said:

Smiles and Cries said:
seriously screw you people for talking about shadows, this is not the ****ing game that needs to focus on shadows. Nerds!

FunkyMunkey said:
The shadowing on the characters looks fine.

They don't have shadows under them for the same reasons discussed earlier in the thread. And anyways, when the update is about the LEVEL, you're supposed to focus on the level. If there's an update on the shadowing and it sucks, THEN bitch.

Branduil said:
Stop complaining about the shadows you guys. Melee had shadows, we've seen pics from this game with shadows, there will be shadows in the final game.

kamikaze said:
oh noes! there are no shadows in a game months before release. everyone knows that shadows are always a team's top priority when building a game...if they're not in now, they never will be!!!

:lol Wow, and I wasn't even trying to stir the pot that time.

RagnarokX said:
Man, Delfino Plaza looks awesome. Is that magic paint on the flying platform? (the weird rainbow stuff) Maybe the paint will be a hazzard of the level...

As does the cracker launcher from yesterday...

cracka.jpg
:lol :lol

superbank

Hmmm, looks to me like you can hit those bells on both sides of the main square. I wonder if that would trigger anything.

Edit: wait no. The fighters are standing on that tiny platform in the area infront of the bells. Thats too small for a fighting platform though...

Maybe the Wii just can't handle shadows.

This new map looks pretty nice. I love the Delfino Island Hub song so hopefully they orchestrate it, could sound awesome. The idea of the stage is nice and visually it looks great.

So Mario's got one of his stages now, I wonder what the next one is for him. NSMB stage?

Delfino looks mighty nice. :3 I hope we'll see a SMG level. Something roundish and planetish with gravity would be all sorts of win. The only way to kill someone would be "up." Which would be in favor of heavier characters/fast fallers. Not to mention smashing someone foward and watching their trajectory curve around the planet would be all sorts of cool.

superbank

Smiles and Cries said:
I wonder if the name could be considered racist? Maybe in the South (US)

I bet Nintendo changes it to firecracker launcher

Nah, cracker launcher is more catchy. It will offend maybe 1% of the players.

RagnarokX

Smiles and Cries said:
I wonder if the name could be considered racist? Maybe in the South (US)

I bet Nintendo changes it to firecracker launcher

Well, I was gonna have him shooting a random white guy out of it, but this seemed like a better choice :p

Seraph830 said:
Why? It was one of the greatest platformers last generation.

Sweet stage, I hope it has a great remix of the Delphino theme.

It was a pretty good game (though far too technical of a platformer for a Mario game), but the whole premise is completely ridiculous. Character design was stupid and arbitrary.

superbank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom